Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30273)

Danny 12.01.2009 03:22 PM

Alright lads, I'll be attending this, if anyone wants to hang out (I'm going on my own), I'll PM my phone number to somebody I trust with it and we'll do so. I used to be Danny Himself before I changed my username.

lucyrulesok 12.01.2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by londondaydream
ok, pfiew. do you think it will be neccesary to book train tickets for Bristol - Taunton?
UK railway system is soo confusing..

there will be no need to book but i'm guessing the train will be busy so you might have to stand.

if you can't get on the local bus it might be worth your while to share a cab with someone. it's about £50 i think (very expensive) but if you get in with a group its not too bad and they can drop you right off. there will be loads of ppl getting off the trrain looking to get a cab (there is an office right there). i did it once when i wa going on my own and it turned out the people i was with were on expenses from some record label in america so it was free. but i don't know if you'll be so lucky! also i know before there has been an atp bus which you don't have to book you just get on it but i don't know if they're running that this year...

anyways you'll get there, it gets a bit crazy at the train station, but you'll be fine. if you get really stuck you can probably hitch a lift...

greenlight 12.01.2009 07:45 PM

don't want to sound nerdy or appear like that. but is wifi available in butlins???

lucyrulesok 12.01.2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
don't want to sound nerdy or appear like that. but is wifi available in butlins???

there is but you have to pay for it i think

greenlight 12.02.2009 05:18 AM

really. didn't I pay enough...

Kyohan 12.02.2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight

There is BT Openzone coverage on-site, so if you're signed up to that you can use it. Otherwise there's a fee for the Butlins wifi, as far as I know.

greenlight 12.02.2009 09:03 AM

cheers.

blunderbuss 12.02.2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucyrulesok
there will be no need to book but i'm guessing the train will be busy so you might have to stand.

if you can't get on the local bus it might be worth your while to share a cab with someone. it's about £50 i think (very expensive) but if you get in with a group its not too bad and they can drop you right off. there will be loads of ppl getting off the trrain looking to get a cab (there is an office right there). i did it once when i wa going on my own and it turned out the people i was with were on expenses from some record label in america so it was free. but i don't know if you'll be so lucky! also i know before there has been an atp bus which you don't have to book you just get on it but i don't know if they're running that this year...

anyways you'll get there, it gets a bit crazy at the train station, but you'll be fine. if you get really stuck you can probably hitch a lift...

Hey, Lucy - you going?

lucyrulesok 12.02.2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Hey, Lucy - you going?

yup i'll be there with bells on. i'm super excited.

_slavo_ 12.02.2009 05:59 PM

eh, one more stupid question - i'm not supposed to bring a sleeping bag, am I?

greenlight 12.02.2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

nope.

Toilet & Bowels 12.02.2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_

no, but you do need to bring a mattress

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
no, but you do need to bring a mattress

a mattress???
that might be a slight problem, since I'm taking on board luggage only.

Toilet & Bowels 12.03.2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
get a yoga mattress then..

or you can rent a mattress for about £45

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
get a yoga mattress then..

something like this, yes?

The Earl Of Slander 12.03.2009 04:15 AM

Sorry, what? You need to bring a mattress? It doesn't say that anywhere on the site! It says in the FAQ that accommodation is comprehensive and you only need to bring towels? What's the deal here?!

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 04:17 AM

someone's fucking with me here, i'm getting the impression ...

stu666 12.03.2009 04:29 AM

T & B is pulling yr leg.

greenlight 12.03.2009 04:33 AM

si robia picu. tam su normalne paplony a vsetko....ale zober si uterak.

_slavo_ 12.03.2009 04:56 AM

kokot vyjebany je to. uz som normalne rozmyslal, ako napcham karimatku do lietadla. more, jak ma nasral chuj