Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Now it's getting cold for real (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60852)

Pelle 10.20.2011 02:44 PM

Now it's getting cold for real

Feels like it was last week Sonic Youth played in NYC but it's been over two months..

It's like this summer never happened. Now it's seriously cold for real.
Froze the shit of my fingers while riding my bike a few hours ago

Months of more cold freezing hell to go through, it's gonna suck but ey, scandinavia, that's the way it's up here.

Share your thoughts, how is it over there?

Gulasch Noir 10.20.2011 03:03 PM

sunny and cold (about 10 °C by day). Peaceful high-pressure weather. I like it that way!

knox 10.20.2011 03:18 PM

It's supposed to be spring but I'm still wearing jackets and seeing no sun.
Maybe I will see Sonic Youth, I'm thinking about it. But it will be hot and muddy and it will probably stink too. I'm too much of a princess.

!@#$%! 10.20.2011 03:26 PM

i've got 23C (73F) and sunny.

beautiful weather.

hevusa 10.20.2011 07:59 PM

Pelle... I lived in Dalarna for three winters of my life and never experienced ANYTHING like it. Incredible memories... like snot freezing in my sinuses at 40 below, jumping off my garage into piles of snow, swollen ankles from exposure when riding my moped, it being dark when going into school and dark at 3PM when leaving wtf!, driving cars and snow scooters on a frozen lake, chasing incredibly gorgeous women... but I digress.

Here in Seattle we are entering our monsoon season. It will be grey and drizzly until late spring. BANDTIME!!!!!!!

Pelle 10.21.2011 03:14 AM

I live down in Västra Götaland so it's not like Dalarna, and I do enjoy the winters over here but when the summer comes to an end everything goes so damn fast, that's it..autumn sucks so hard emotionally

Genteel Death 10.21.2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulasch Noir
sunny and cold (about 10 °C by day). Peaceful high-pressure weather. I like it that way!

Same here. This weather energises me.

stu666 10.21.2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
It's supposed to be spring but I'm still wearing jackets and seeing no sun.
Maybe I will see Sonic Youth, I'm thinking about it. But it will be hot and muddy and it will probably stink too. I'm too much of a princess.

Maybe you will see Sonic Youth? Maybe?? :eek:

You must go!

_slavo_ 10.21.2011 05:11 AM

I remember liking Sweden a lot when I was there. In Stockholm and Orebro, to be precise.

Pelle 10.21.2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I remember liking Sweden a lot when I was there. In Stockholm and Orebro, to be precise.

Well it is nice here, but when where you here? (time of year).

_slavo_ 10.21.2011 07:12 AM

Summer 2009. I think it was August. It was all sunny and warm.

knox 10.21.2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Maybe you will see Sonic Youth? Maybe?? :eek:

You must go!

I've seen them before and it was awesome and I really wouldn't wanna ruin those memories.
No idea what they're going to be playing, and I'm not really into the most recent albums. Besides, it's a festival. It'll require travel, patience, and a lot of money.

DeadDiscoDildo 10.21.2011 12:59 PM

It's been pretty freezing and grey and rainy here for the past week or so.

Having a hard time shaking off this cold.

But today is rather sunny and not too bad. Kinda warm.

Finally

EVOLghost 10.21.2011 01:09 PM

^ yeah!

It's nice today, but this week was hell..glad it's getting nicer. Gonna he around 55F today, w00t.

Pelle 10.22.2011 11:48 AM

Today was all rain, dark and grey..not so cold tho..

lucyrulesok 10.22.2011 01:15 PM

hmmm its definitely getting colder here - looking forward to snow! i have to get my sledge next time i go home to see my mum :)

Diesel 10.23.2011 05:24 AM

My balls are like peanuts resting on a cold marble bar waiting to be served a pint of carling extra cold whilst a cool breeze ushers in through the cellar door