Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sister and Bad Moon Rising on 180 Gran Vinyl (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40576)

All Hail WATT 07.21.2010 04:35 PM

Sister and Bad Moon Rising on 180 Gran Vinyl

Don't know if there is already a thread on this, but i couldn't find one, so here goes.

I got word on the Butthole Surfers forum that Sister and BMR are coming out next month on 180 gram.

Does anyone know who is releasing it? Is it like the RSD releases? Are they remastered or the original? etc?

I think it may be these guys http://www.originalrecordingsgroup.c...h_overview.htm
But it says winter on there. Also, I wonder if EVOL and CiS will be different than the RSD releases?

Bakesalee 07.24.2010 04:16 PM

For what it's worth the Nirvana ORG releases have received much acclaim. Every review I've read makes it sound like it's the definitive edition. From little snippet reviews by customers to full articles in hi end sound magazines. So, I spent the money on all the releases, now I'm about to blow $800 on a Technics turntable. I considered preordering Sister, but I'd really like Washing Machine (not currently scheduled for release).

Silver Son 07.26.2010 03:16 AM

Will Sister and Bad Moon Rising be released in coloured editions like Evol and Confusion Is Sex?
I can't find any info.

viewtiful alan redux 07.26.2010 02:08 PM

Funny noob thread

All Hail WATT 07.26.2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux
Funny noob thread

well then...

...please, educate us, wise one...

viewtiful alan redux 07.26.2010 08:25 PM

No. I just meant it was funny that the only people in the thread had less than 100 posts. I just put it rudely. Its an interesting question. I have no idea.

SpaceCadetHayden 07.27.2010 12:54 PM

It is funny. No one has less than 100 posts.

EDIT: Except me.

sonic sphere 07.27.2010 02:02 PM

what the hell is gran vinyl anyway? ;)

Genteel Death 07.27.2010 02:11 PM

Nevermind, I'll save up the pennies for the 400-stone vinyl reissues.

All Hail WATT 07.27.2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
what the hell is gran vinyl anyway? ;)

it's the letter right next to the m on the keyboard.
Why are forums filled with people who like to act so smart, yet provide no valuable input?:fuckyou:

I am buying these 2 suckers when they come out next month (already got the other 2 on rsd), way stoked! Just wanted to know if anyone else out there knew anything about them, i will dissappear now and post in another 6 months or so. I only like being treated like an asshole twice a year round here anyway...

Chris Lawrence 07.28.2010 01:37 AM

I don't know anything about them, but am curious how the EVOL and Confusion reissues sounded, and if anybody did any detective work to determine whether they were pressed from the original stampers, or are new masters, or, or, or...

I hope these ones have similar stickers like on "EVOL"!

musicplatypus 07.28.2010 05:08 PM

EVOL and CiS will be released on 180g black vinyl. . . not sure when.

BMR and Sister will be released August 10th on 180g black vinyl and, yes -- they will be re-mastered like the EVOL and CiS re-issues. Insound is taking pre-orders now.

Oh, and the ORG website has had the same, incorrect information for, like, foreverrrr. . .

mmmm....gran vinyl.... I like whole-gran vinyl.

Count Mecha 07.28.2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux
Funny noob thread

Haha, thought the same thing.

Anyway, I don't know anything about these re-issues.

Hope the EVOL one has the locked groove. I dunno, I don't have anything to add to this one.

jetengine 07.31.2010 03:59 PM

If they plan on doing coloured-vinyl versions of Bad Moon Rising and Sister, I'd like to see the latter issued on purple/mauve vinyl like the original coloured version, and I think BMR would look good on opaque pumpkin-orange vinyl--suitable, don't you think...?

Maybe next Record Store Day....

Andrés 08.01.2010 04:03 PM

Sometimes I think that some people just watch the number of post first, and then they deicide if they're hardcore fans or not....i mean...seriously does that even matter? Do more posts mean a more true SY fan?

oh, and quoting the "n00bie"....

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Hail WATT
Why are forums filled with people who like to act so smart, yet provide no valuable input?:fuckyou:

All Hail WATT 08.01.2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrés
Sometimes I think that some people just watch the number of post first, and then they deicide if they're hardcore fans or not....i mean...seriously does that even matter? Do more posts mean a more true SY fan?

yeah, its funny to see that, and then see that i have been a amember as long if not longer than any of them. Also, I can wager that i have prolly seen them more live than them, and good chance been listen to them longer, but i digress...

Hoping my local shop has them on the 10th. I shall listen and record them to my cpu, as I did with the RSD releases.
I shall report back next week.

sonic sphere 08.02.2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Hail WATT
yeah, its funny to see that, and then see that i have been a amember as long if not longer than any of them. Also, I can wager that i have prolly seen them more live than them, and good chance been listen to them longer, but i digress...

Hoping my local shop has them on the 10th. I shall listen and record them to my cpu, as I did with the RSD releases.
I shall report back next week.

wow, you really have a high opinion of yourself don't you? looking forward to next week with great anticipation and fervour. :)

All Hail WATT 08.02.2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
wow, you really have a high opinion of yourself don't you? looking forward to next week with great anticipation and fervour. :)

Actually, no I don't. I just have a low opinion of trolling asshats who feel they are so f'n smart and funny. Please just go piss off, and let those of us who care to talk about what the post about do so, wanker!

sonic sphere 08.02.2010 01:12 PM

why so serious? :rolleyes:

musicplatypus 08.05.2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrés

I know -- I have been a huge fan since the 80's (and they still remain my favorite) and here I am with my ~3rd~ post! . . . but, yah, everyone must be hazed and teased if new or different to anything in life.

I just had never found much joy in posting boards . . . but come here because I like the Sonic Info and I also would like to help where I may.

--
I love ellipses . . . weeeeee . . . :) . . .

~m.