Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Antagon 12.24.2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_

 


my recurring yearly tradition to play some Ida around Xmas time. Pity that they don't exist anymore


Great choice!

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 12.24.2019 12:32 PM

 

The Soup Nazi 12.24.2019 01:19 PM

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking 'bout snowy chilly grey somber Christmas. It's 34ļC/93ļF here, you degenerates!

 

Bytor Peltor 12.24.2019 08:52 PM

Robert Fripp - Silent Night

 

choc e-Claire 12.25.2019 03:26 AM

 

_tunic_ 12.25.2019 04:16 AM

 

Antagon 12.25.2019 05:25 AM

Dave Van Ronk's rendition of Both Sides Now. Absolutely sublime

_tunic_ 12.25.2019 07:34 AM

 


Wrong choice to listen to this while on a train. First song is titled Better Go Home Now...

!@#$%! 12.25.2019 10:41 AM

was never a huge fan of the beach boys, so missed on the hype of this release, but i could not sleep the other night and put the smile sessions on the headphones...

 



relistening this morning, awake. that is some seriously lunatic shit! and i mean it in the best possible sense. i was so surprised. very enjoyable.

The Soup Nazi 12.25.2019 09:50 PM

 

The Soup Nazi 12.25.2019 09:51 PM

 

NYCgaf16 12.26.2019 02:12 PM

my spotify playlist

i listen to it all the time in shuffle play (you can do it too for the best result)

Antagon 12.26.2019 10:09 PM


 

MGMT - In The Afternoon


This single-release almost passed without notice. I already appreciated last year's album "Little Dark Age" a lot, which in my opinion was an extensive 80s-homage done right. It had just the right amount of gothy, wavy and post-punky touches and vibes, but melded them with engaging pop-sensibilities. "In The Afternoon" now seems like a welcome addendum to the path they have layed with their previous LP. It very much has a lot of the dark, post-punky vibes sprinkled in throughout LDA, but decidedly goes for a more sincere and psychedelic approach as opposed to the cheeky synthpop-vibes that were evident on that album. It's one of those sweet companion-pieces I didn't know I needed, but now I'm glad they're there. Kind of makes me think of the first time I heard the Cure B-side "Harold And Joe" - which essentially sounds much like a Disintegration-outtake - and I mean that in a very positive way.

The Soup Nazi 12.27.2019 01:15 AM

 

Severian 12.27.2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
 

MGMT - In The Afternoon


This single-release almost passed without notice. I already appreciated last year's album "Little Dark Age" a lot, which in my opinion was an extensive 80s-homage done right. It had just the right amount of gothy, wavy and post-punky touches and vibes, but melded them with engaging pop-sensibilities. "In The Afternoon" now seems like a welcome addendum to the path they have layed with their previous LP. It very much has a lot of the dark, post-punky vibes sprinkled in throughout LDA, but decidedly goes for a more sincere and psychedelic approach as opposed to the cheeky synthpop-vibes that were evident on that album. It's one of those sweet companion-pieces I didn't know I needed, but now I'm glad they're there. Kind of makes me think of the first time I heard the Cure B-side "Harold And Joe" - which essentially sounds much like a Disintegration-outtake - and I mean that in a very positive way.



Without notice? Man you don’t use twitter I take it.

I’ve done a twitter experiment this year. It’s been ... 99% toxic, 1% learning about music almost as soon as it comes out.

Antagon 12.27.2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Without notice? Man you don’t use twitter I take it.

I’ve done a twitter experiment this year. It’s been ... 99% toxic, 1% learning about music almost as soon as it comes out.

Yeah, I'm grandpa Ben when it comes to that sorta thing. Should've written "without my notice". Instagram has finally caught up with me, but twitter I have successfully avoided so far.

!@#$%! 12.27.2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
twitter I have successfully avoided so far.

bullet: dodged

i use it to gather news but the signal/noise ratio is low low low

it spams you and sends you off on infinite tangents

choc e-Claire 12.27.2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it spams you and sends you off on infinite tangents

Must be why I'm hooked on it then.

Severian 12.27.2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Yeah, I'm grandpa Ben when it comes to that sorta thing. Should've written "without my notice". Instagram has finally caught up with me, but twitter I have successfully avoided so far.


Good for you, itís eaten a chunk of my soul.
Instagram I havenít done really, but only because I never do anything other than work. What am I gonna take pictures of? Me working? Go viral! Nah.

The Soup Nazi 12.27.2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Instagram I havenít done really, but only because I never do anything other than work. What am I gonna take pictures of? Me working? Go viral! Nah.


Pretty useful for my torrent announcement shenanigans, though (not that I have an account or anything).

Also, none of ya have said peep about the last three AWESOME albums I have posted pictures of on this thread, and that's why you will die horrible deaths.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth