Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are there any Russians here?? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6081)

unlurker 09.14.2006 04:17 PM

Are there any Russians here??

I am trying to set up a tour in your country and would like to know if you want to help.

Please PM me and I can give you all the details.

thanks in advance.

!@#$%! 09.14.2006 04:24 PM

ah! mr. unlurker... good to see you around here. f forgot to add you in the "people you miss in this board" thread. please take this as an emphatic correction of my careless over...looking? (damn, what is the noun...).

Glice 09.14.2006 04:40 PM

Oversight.

Hip Priest 09.14.2006 04:41 PM

...sight.

edit: ha.

unlurker 09.14.2006 04:43 PM

I, ummm, miss you too, big guy.

;)

( i think the word yr looking for is "oversight")

don't let it happen again!

cheers!

!@#$%! 09.14.2006 04:52 PM

ha ha, ok.

i dont know about russians here but the dude with the cyrillic characters has some relatives there.

if you're planning bulgaria, shentov is the man to talk to. maybe he's connected w/ russia too-- send him a pm...

unlurker 09.14.2006 04:53 PM

thanks!

i'll do just that.

finding nobody 09.14.2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
ay !£"$%^ /the guy with the artificial testicle characters? wect ay look for WECT i think he's russian.

Nah, he just speaks some russion

_slavo_ 09.15.2006 03:05 AM

TOXA is Russian, right?

king_buzzo 09.15.2006 08:03 AM

finding nobody, great sig!!!

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.15.2006 01:45 PM

My ancestry comes from Russia, so in a sense, yes (да) I am Russian. I've never been to Russia however, and I hate you for being able to go. Not really, I don't hate you. Really I don't.

I do have family that goes every year, and they really enjoy themselves. Plenty of things to do (so I hear).

porkmarras 09.15.2006 01:48 PM

Two of my flatmates are russian.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.15.2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurker
I am trying to set up a tour in your country and would like to know if you want to help.

Please PM me and I can give you all the details.

thanks in advance.

I sent an e-mail to a friend from St. Petersburg who probably won't directly be able to help you, but more than likely knows someone who could.

I didn't realize you meant touring with your band. AHA.

Anyway here is his site: http://zhb.radionoise.ru/eng/news.html

finding nobody 09.15.2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
finding nobody, great sig!!!

Thanks dude

o o o 09.15.2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
TOXA is Russian, right?

yes, i think he is the only Russian posting regularly here...

fishmonkey 09.15.2006 03:51 PM

no.
but i am rather late for a very urgent appointment and i am rushing??

boom boom

..i'm here all week..

kingcoffee 09.15.2006 10:06 PM

My cousin is part Russian. Does that count? No? ok.

atari 2600 09.15.2006 10:12 PM

Hey unlurker.

I've got a signature picture for ya if ya want it.

sonicl 09.16.2006 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
My ancestry comes from Russia, so in a sense, yes (да) I am Russian. I've never been to Russia however, and I hate you for being able to go. Not really, I don't hate you. Really I don't.

I do have family that goes every year, and they really enjoy themselves. Plenty of things to do (so I hear).

I have to ask, I can't help myself from being nosey - Where in Russia is your ancestry, and where does the family go on its visits?

If you get the chance to go to St Petersburg, go, and damn the expense. I went about 18 years ago (glasnost era), and it was the most incredible and beautiful city. I went to Yalta and Moscow too and, although nice, they were both an anticlimax after St P.

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.16.2006 12:47 PM

I have family that lives in Moscow, this is where my visiting family members stay, on occasion they've traveled elsewhere, this past summer they went to Ukraine. I know they've gone up to St. Petersburg quite a few times too.

Keep in my mind this is a pretty well off aunt that goes yearly, and normally she will take someone with her other than her own kids and husband. I've learned where I rank on her favorites list, as I've not been taken yet. My counsins make me so jealous telling me their stories of Moscow, and I've had to go through this yearly since as far back as I can remember.

Last Christmas everyone here in the States finally met some of our Muscovite kin as they traveled here for the first time. Quite the experience for them, and us.