Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SYR9: ‘Simon Werner A Disparu’ (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=43929)

noisereductions 03.07.2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
3 weeks???? whats wrong with you man

I didnt' order online becuz I was afraid I wouldnt get it on release day. So I went to Newbury Comics to pick it up and they didn't get it (WHHHHAAAAA??????? -- that's where I got my Record Store Day 7"s, so why wouldn't they get THIS??) Anyway, I had them special order it for me, and in the meantime I started checking every other store in my area -- nobody had it!! And the special order took 3 weeks since it was on "backorder." Sigh. So I guess Midheaven's distro is just not enough for SY.

SONIC GAIL 03.07.2011 11:55 AM

I preordered and got it within 3 days of ordering:) We don't really have record stores left in this town. You gotta drive down to Gainsville to find anything. I have to pretty much order anything I am interested in that is not pop

noisereductions 03.07.2011 12:50 PM

I hadn't bought a CD in montttths.

EVOLghost 03.07.2011 01:42 PM

Fuck. I still haven't got mine....however it arrived in the mail Mar. 5th. No one answered the door. So it's waiting at the post office 17 miles from my apartment. and I have no time to get it.

SONIC GAIL 03.07.2011 02:02 PM

Get Yr Sorry Stoned Ass Up There Man

EVOLghost 03.07.2011 02:05 PM

can't today :-(

currently a work an hour past my end time....and I have a bunch of homework to do when I get home....oh! and my bed time is 7pm. so...yeh.....not a lot of time left for me.

SONIC GAIL 03.07.2011 02:31 PM

i am so glad i don't have to do homework anymore. 7 pm bed time???

noisereductions 03.07.2011 03:20 PM

SYR9 is dreamy.

SONIC GAIL 03.07.2011 03:22 PM

oh yes it is absolutely beautiful

stu666 03.09.2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Got it from FNAC - there's a link earlier in the thread.

By the way, it's not eleven minutes of music on the bonus CD, it's ten. Ten very good minutes though.

got mine now! the cd is playing on repeat :)

SONIC GAIL 03.09.2011 02:49 PM

^Oh yeah

noisereductions 03.09.2011 09:36 PM

so.fucking.good.

SonikJesus 03.14.2011 03:44 PM

heard the alice theme on the radio the other day. Thought it was some of the greatest shit I'd heard recently. I was freaking out waiting for the announcer to say the name of the band and surprise surprise. My favorite fucking band of course.

SYHamilton 03.14.2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
heard the alice theme on the radio the other day. Thought it was some of the greatest shit I'd heard recently. I was freaking out waiting for the announcer to say the name of the band and surprise surprise. My favorite fucking band of course.

Wow - you must have much better radio stations in your part of the world.

Mortte Jousimo 03.15.2011 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYHamilton

It´s quite a long time I´ve heard any Finnish radio station playing SY.

SonikJesus 03.16.2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYHamilton

It was a college station. KSPC 88.7. The only radio station i listen too.

Anyway, I got the album. It's really beautiful. It seemed that some of the tracks shared similar melodies which is expected since it is a sountrack for a film. A lot of great shit on this record.

EVOLghost 03.16.2011 03:47 PM

first listen last night. Fucking awesome. ESPECIALY THEME DE ALICE! Holy fuck.

my friend commented me on the same thing SonikJesus. He said alot of the songs sound too similar.

SonikJesus 03.17.2011 03:07 AM

its understandable. it gives the film a sonic (sound not band) theme which is to be expected from soundtracks. But Them d'alice is fucking awesome.

Mortte Jousimo 03.17.2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
its understandable. it gives the film a sonic (sound not band) theme which is to be expected from soundtracks. But Them d'alice is fucking awesome.

The form in Syr9 is quite same as it is in Made in Usa, there are also about three themes that are repeated a little differently (of course there are also only one theme-songs as in Syr9). I think they made also different versions from same themes to Demonlover although in cd all the songs are different. To me it´s quite enjoyeble to listen these different versions of same themes.

Moshe 03.18.2011 12:24 AM

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/review/...ner-a-disparu/