Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fuck Radiohead Fans! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2196)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2006 12:35 PM

Fuck Radiohead Fans!

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say FUCK YOU to all the Radiohead fans out there. You guys are fanstastic, a tribute to everything about music. You are all on the level of the people who bought tickets for American Idol at the Kodak! You bastards!

The presale tickets went out in ten seconds, and then the public sale sell out while my fucking order is processing! and too top it all, assholes sell theses tickets for upwards of sixhundred dollars a piece on the net? you've all gone crazy, and I've decided not to cast my lot with any of you. quite honestly it seems that NOT going to such a show would be better for my morality, considering by the scandalousness of getting these tickets, the crowd will be the worst of the worst. what ever happened to just loving music? The grateful dead sold out hundreds of thousands of seats, and still EVERYONE ALWAYS managed to MAKE IT INTO ANY GD show that they needed to. what happened to music? are we in the era of 50s pop and beatle mania all over again? When Chuck Berry finally kicks the bucket, then we can burry popular music and move on to the underground, but as a testimony to ROCK and ROLL, you can probably catch Berry at the club in St Louis every third sunday much easier then ever trying to get radiohead tickets anyways.... well I'm done bitching and complaining,

its like i told you, what I said, Steal your face right off your head!

ozZuB-ginK 05.25.2006 12:39 PM

radiohead probably has a msg board.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2006 12:43 PM

they do, but I like this one. and i posted it there too

Neongod 05.25.2006 12:51 PM

Boo fucking hoo. No ticket for you?. Aww... Go have a good cry and then go to ateaseweb.com msg board and check out the multimedia secion. There you can download all of the new songs. You might want to check out www.lders.nl as well.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2006 12:55 PM

indeed

DemonBox 05.25.2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neongod
Boo fucking hoo. No ticket for you?. Aww... Go have a good cry and then go to ateaseweb.com msg board and check out the multimedia secion. There you can download all of the new songs. You might want to check out www.lders.nl as well.

yeah man, talk about luxury-problems. Atleast Radiohead play yr hometown. I'd be amazed if they ever came here.

val-holla-ing 05.25.2006 12:57 PM

www.dictionary.com may be your new best friend.

logistics aside, you should be angry at yourself for not getting on the ball earlier. get over it. they'll tour again, and if they don't, it probably isn't that important in the first place.

LifeDistortion 05.25.2006 12:59 PM

Scaplers are not fans. And of course Radiohead concerts are going to sell out fast, what do you expect?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Scaplers are not fans. And of course Radiohead concerts are going to sell out fast, what do you expect?

no shit. and scalpers are not fans, the are businessmen. that has been my whole point! has even good artistic music become just business? i was pissed off enough at the sonic youth meets pearl jam fiasco going on next month.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.25.2006 01:21 PM

I don't really like Radiohead, I find them kind of boring.

val-holla-ing 05.25.2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
no shit. and scalpers are not fans, the are businessmen. that has been my whole point! has even good artistic music become just business? i was pissed off enough at the sonic youth meets pearl jam fiasco going on next month.

music has always been business oriented. even those bullshit hippy jam bands have a business aspect to them.

greenbird 05.25.2006 01:36 PM

If you hate radiohead fans so much, why were you trying to get a ticket to stand in the middle of a crowd of them?

Hypocrite

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenbird
If you hate radiohead fans so much, why were you trying to get a ticket to stand in the middle of a crowd of them?

Hypocrite

well considering this situation, I am agreeing with you 100% and I've realized that I suppose I wouldn't beable to enjoy the show surrounded by such. i guess its a kurt cobain complex, so ill just enjoy a dvd and a spliff. disregard the ranting.

Everyneurotic 05.25.2006 01:53 PM

another brilliant thread by a brilliant person.

more reasons why pot should not be legalized ever.

Glice 05.25.2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

You must blah blah everyneurotic blah blah

ozZuB-ginK 05.25.2006 02:11 PM

legalize it!

porkmarras 05.25.2006 02:12 PM

Radiohead fans?They are all vegetarian mashheads to me Sir

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.25.2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic

you can insult the dignity of the tread without insulting the dignity of the poster, asshole. so in addition to the fuck you out to the radiohead fans out there, a new fuck you goes out to Everyneurotic, who takes asshole of the day award, and considering the asshole i've been this morning it was quite the competition.

HaydenAsche 05.25.2006 03:36 PM

FUCK YOU. I bought tickets. I got them. You are a fucking pot-fried hippie. You shouldn't be allowed to go.

Pax Americana 05.25.2006 04:20 PM

I tried to get Radiohead tickets as well, I got online and tried to order them THE SECOND they went onsale and they were already gone! So sad...
I kinda feel like they should have a better way of selling them or something, although the presale probably did me in.