Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   hey!/*-/*-/-*/-/*-/-//--**-.. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=198)

Inhuman 03.23.2006 01:42 PM

hey!/*-/*-/-*/-/*-/-//--**-..

Hey
What's everyone up to?

Do you think we can do this one again?

Hip Priest 03.23.2006 01:43 PM

In the study, some music on, the internet going, a cup of coffee, relaxing after work.

Inhuman 03.23.2006 01:45 PM

I'm just at school on a spare eating salad and listening to Lightning Bolt before gym...a 3 hour break just for a single gym class. It's not coo'

hey alex 03.23.2006 02:20 PM

sitting without a shirt on procrastinating... it happens way too often with this board

Signpost 03.23.2006 02:24 PM

I should learn for tomorrow's test but i don't feel like doing it.
So i'm sitting in front of my computer, drinking tea and listening to some mp3s i downloaded a few hours ago.

Inhuman 03.23.2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hey alex
sitting without a shirt on procrastinating... it happens way too often with this board

Reminds me of that Noumenal pic

hebbel 03.23.2006 03:04 PM

tired as fuck, listening to tortoise, trying to decide whether or not i should cook a real meal or just stuff myself with instant soup and toast...

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.23.2006 03:06 PM

stuff

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2006 03:15 PM

ripping off our old thread huh?

jon boy 03.23.2006 03:16 PM

its not the same alas. you can jump right to the end of any thread now.

truncated 03.23.2006 03:18 PM

Just got back from a work meeting.

I wanted to drive there myself (it was an hour away) but some genius had the bright idea of me carpooling with someone else nearby that was going to the same meeting.

I hate - I repeat, HATE - being thrust into forced socialization with people I don't know.

Dear god, it was one of the most uncomfortable days of my entire life. The awkward silence was so palpable, I swear I could've reached out and touched it. You struggle to find something to talk about, and you come up with something painfully lame, and you both KNOW it's lame, but you seize upon it eagerly in hopes of avoiding as much of this social torture as you can...

You exhaust your repetoire, and suddenly the silence descends upon you. The seconds tick by in your head with an almost audible resonance, and you think "This will never end. I will die before this is over."

And THEN she says, "Let's go out to lunch!"

Why? WHY?

So I ate an omelette, and now I'm sleepy.

jon boy 03.23.2006 03:21 PM

oh the joys of the work lunch and grinning through gritted teeth. i had to put up with a bunch of guys laughing at 'fat bitches' today that they looked up on the internet. four more weeks and counting.

truncated 03.23.2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
oh the joys of the work lunch and grinning through gritted teeth. i had to put up with a bunch of guys laughing at 'fat bitches' today that they looked up on the internet. four more weeks and counting.

Wow. I don't know how you stood it, being in the same room with such shining intellectuals.

Hip Priest 03.23.2006 03:31 PM

Splitting my time between you good people of the board and sorting out my vinyl records. I've been playing them more lately, mainly due to picking up unexpected bargains, and they've become a bit mixed-up.

nomadicfollower 03.23.2006 03:33 PM

Rocking some Shellac while on the computer.
Reading Camus when not on the computer.

jon boy 03.23.2006 03:39 PM

i just go numb. thankfully as the office temp they rarely bother me as i am considered intelectually floored in some way and closer to pond life by them. this even though i have never actually had a conversation of more than two minutes with any of them. they seem to communicate through a series of grunts and e-mails. i am just left on the fringes of their little world, and it is very little, which suits me just fine.

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 03.23.2006 03:58 PM

Wasting time after a boring day of teaching.... feel like I'm going to puke...

truncated 03.23.2006 04:17 PM

What do you teach?

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2006 04:18 PM

a hex on anyone involved in this mockery of a thread!

Phlegmscope 03.23.2006 04:30 PM

Yeah it's a shame you board elders can't play elitist, since some n00b stole yr thread.