Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   thanks for letting me work today (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8940)

!@#$%! 12.13.2006 03:46 PM

thanks for letting me work today

the board is slow and... i like it that way!

finally i can get some work done, you bastards.

thanks porkie for staying away from this place for a while, and glice, and savage cape, the various people i exchange pm's with, and everybody who makes this place entertaining and dangerous for those intent to make a living online.

thank you, really, and please stay the fuck off. :D
(for a while anyway)

SynthethicalY 12.13.2006 03:55 PM

huh?

Tokolosh 12.13.2006 03:56 PM

It's a constant battle to stay off this forum, isn't it !@#$%!?
Oh well, I won't make a difference anyways. :rolleyes:

king_buzzo 12.13.2006 03:57 PM

yes, if everyone was on i wouldnt finish my english essay so fast

Glice 12.13.2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the board is slow and... i like it that way!

finally i can get some work done, you bastards.

thanks porkie for staying away from this place for a while, and glice, and savage cape, the various people i exchange pm's with, and everybody who makes this place entertaining and dangerous for those intent to make a living online.

thank you, really, and please stay the fuck off. :D
(for a while anyway)

I did a tiny, weeny little bit of poo out of my bum as I read this.

porkmarras 12.13.2006 04:07 PM

I read your post i french.Incredible.

!@#$%! 12.13.2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I did a tiny, weeny little bit of poo out of my bum as I read this.

sure, blame me now for your senility-induced incontinence

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I read your post i french.Incredible.

"le board est mort"?

stay away, im trying to close a deal here...

Savage Clone 12.13.2006 05:20 PM

I was pasting covers on the upcoming LP release from Destijl records most of the day (and most of the previous days as well, actually)...

I highly recommend this release, by the way. Keep your eyes peeled for "Lee Rockey Music" on vinyl. This is some great great stuff.

!@#$%! 12.13.2006 05:29 PM

ah, fuck, i'm still a little nervous, and i shouldn't gloat, but i just closed a deal that will ensure that i'll be able to eat during the rest of the winter & the spring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I was pasting covers on the upcoming LP release from Destijl records most of the day (and most of the previous days as well, actually)...

I highly recommend this release, by the way. Keep your eyes peeled for "Lee Rockey Music" on vinyl. This is some great great stuff.

hm im going to check this out. you got any mp3s that would help this unenlighted soul put a sountrack to those words?

---
edit:
http://www.destijlrecs.com/main.html <<here?

Savage Clone 12.13.2006 05:46 PM

No, sorry to say. This is an analogue affair.
The recordings date back to the late 50s, but most of them are from the mid-60s/early 70s. Rockey was born in 1923, died in 2002. First solo LP by him ever. He was apparently a jazz drummer who worked with Herbie Mann and the like, but this release is Echoplexed violin and very out-there electronic experimental stuff, and sounds incredibly modern. He also worked with Smegma. Highly listenable and very out-there. Superawesome.

!@#$%! 12.13.2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

The recordings date back to the late 50s, but most of them are from the mid-60s/early 70s. Rockey was born in 1923, died in 2002. First solo LP by him ever. He was apparently a jazz drummer who worked with Herbie Mann and the like, but this release is Echoplexed violin and very out-there electronic experimental stuff, and sounds incredibly modern. He also worked with Smegma. Highly listenable and very out-there. Superawesome.

oh.

so where do you get the lp? not out yet? you smugglin'?

Savage Clone 12.13.2006 06:07 PM

It's not out yet. Like I said, I have been gluing the freaking cover art on the jackets. This is just some "pre-release insider buzz."

Пятхъдесят Шест 12.13.2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

May I pay in advance?

Savage Clone 12.13.2006 11:46 PM

I can put you in touch easily.

!@#$%! 12.14.2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
I miss being popular. :rolleyes:
Fucker.

Oh, and for the official record, I just want it to be known that I started the Savage Cape thing. I am glad it's becoming universal, and I hope he hates it.

Savage- I am sending you and your wife this for your bday, you still have your gloves, right?

ha ha-- and where have you been? there was no omission really... you were mentioned, just not by name.

ondskan 12.14.2006 04:37 PM

How do one become a member in the warm and coosy inner-circle of this board?

HaydenAsche 12.14.2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ondskan
How do one become a member in the warm and coosy inner-circle of this board?

Numerous options:
1. Be a twat
2. Be congenial
3. Be good-looking
4. Collect a ton of records

!@#$%! 12.14.2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

It's not out yet. Like I said, I have been gluing the freaking cover art on the jackets. This is just some "pre-release insider buzz."

oh... so that's your new gig, or do you just happen to be putting this together, or...?