Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   tickets for 6/14 show in Philly... how to get? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=999)

pa-sy-boy 04.16.2006 05:58 PM

tickets for 6/14 show in Philly... how to get?

This is my first post on this entire board. So hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question... but how can I get tickets for the June 14th show in Philly? Ticketweb is not selling them now. Is the show sold out already? Do I have to contact the Starlight Ballroom directly? Any help would be appreciated.

krastian 04.17.2006 12:49 AM

I was looking for info on this too.

logcabinrecluse 04.17.2006 09:17 AM

it's sold out.

samuel 04.17.2006 09:55 AM

Damn, I really wanted to go to this one.

mineral 04.17.2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
Damn, I really wanted to go to this one.

I am selling 2 extra tickets to this show. I will probably be posting them on Ebay shortly to bid on :)

samuel 04.17.2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mineral
I am selling 2 extra tickets to this show. I will probably be posting them on Ebay shortly to bid on :)

Haha alright. I don't have any experience with Ebay, but I'll give it a look. Thanks.

logcabinrecluse 04.17.2006 11:24 AM

samuel's right here - hook 'em up!

samuel 04.17.2006 11:33 AM

mineral, if you were to give them to anyone on this forum, you should give them to whoever started this thread, that would be fair

logcabinrecluse, your post made me happy. simple things make me happy, so don't be weirded out or anything. hahah

mineral 04.17.2006 12:07 PM

I know of several people who want to go (friends and strangers), and I have made the choice to auction them off. The show is sold out and the tickets are in high demand, I think that's fair for me and everyone else. I did not get these tickets just to make a profit, it was a mistake made by my girlfriend and I.

There are tickets on Ebay already going for buyitnow @ $90-$100 a piece. I'm just going to start a bid.

logcabinrecluse 04.17.2006 12:43 PM

samuel, not weirded out - good luck! it's going to be a rad show. i've been tempted to sell tickets on ebay for ridiculous prices before, but i never have. i always remember the times when i've missed out on tickets and somehow been hooked up. i have hooked up others before and it makes me feel good.

mineral 04.17.2006 12:51 PM

It's really that not that ridiculous if i start the bid at the actual ticket price.

logcabinrecluse 04.17.2006 01:09 PM

well, i'd assume people don't normally sell tickets on ebay hoping to get the actual ticket price. if that was your intent, you could have just saved your time by selling them to the person who posted a message about tickets.

okay, this isn't my battle and i try to stay out of internet message board battles. good luck to everyone!

mineral 04.17.2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logcabinrecluse
well, i'd assume people don't normally sell tickets on ebay hoping to get the actual ticket price. if that was your intent, you could have just saved your time by selling them to the person who posted a message about tickets.

It's more fair than setting a price at $100. Plus, usually people who really love the band are willing to put out more for the ticket. I know, I'm gonna get bad karma for this.

pa-sy-boy 04.19.2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
mineral, if you were to give them to anyone on this forum, you should give them to whoever started this thread, that would be fair...

Hell yeah, samuel!
Hey mineral, I started this thread, and I'll gladly take those tickets off your hands for ya!!!! PM me if interested, regardless of asking price.

krastian 04.20.2006 01:53 AM

This is nuts....I can't believe these tix disappeared out of nowhere. I had no fucking clue when they even went on sale. Chris, hook us up with this info!

fullchromelogic 04.20.2006 07:04 AM

that doesn't make any sense. didn't they just go on sale like a week ago? what the fuck?! ......shit....

logcabinrecluse 04.20.2006 07:47 AM

the show is being put on by r5 productions. most r5 shows i've been to are in a church basement. (obviously this is not). their email list had the scoop first.