Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 08.11.2007 11:24 AM

The Mighty Football Thread

First day of the football season:

Comments here.

farmhouse 08.11.2007 01:42 PM

top half of the season kicks off tomorrow, so i'll perk up then.

however, stevie g. has done my fantasy team score wonders with that late strike, and, no doubt, by taking the man of the match spoils.

Hip Priest 08.11.2007 05:24 PM

BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI!

BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI! la la la BI-AN-CHI!

Danny Himself 08.11.2007 08:10 PM

Marvellous.

PAULYBEE2656 08.12.2007 02:37 AM

jenas is a donkey!!!!!!

Hip Priest 08.12.2007 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Fair play. seems like sven might be settling in very nicely. west ham really were utter shite today though. got booed off at half time. can't remember when that last happened to a team during their first match o/t season. and at home!

West Ham did look somewhat dire in places, but I didn't think they were entirely without hope. Passing was dreadful, but they seemed to cross quite well when they got forward. Unfortunately some very clear chances went well off target - the game could easily have been a draw, I reckon.

I thought we were alright, especially considering we fielded a load of players who have barely spoken to each other, and don't yet share a common language anyway. Sven seems to have avoided signing a load of duff players or paying for players who are in their last season. Everyone looked good, including our own acadamy players.

Elano was probably our star, along with Scmeichel, but it was good to see the new striker score on his debut. Anyone who can put 19 past the best defences in the world in Serie A must have something good about them. Hopefully today was the first goal of many.

fishmonkey 08.12.2007 05:51 AM

i waiting for todays games really, myself and my die-hard chelsea buddy will be in the pub for his match and then for mine. god damm i missed the premiership, all i had to keep me going these past 80 days was fuckin GAA which if you live in ireland will know is a piece of shit.

Danny Himself 08.12.2007 01:01 PM

The fact that the Manchester United emblem has a depiction on Lucifer in the center of it really sums up the whole side.

Danny Himself 08.12.2007 06:33 PM

Man City played spectacularly today.

Danny Himself 08.12.2007 07:16 PM

Oh, yeah. Yesterday.

PAULYBEE2656 08.18.2007 05:21 AM

first manager sacked... martin jol, if we dont kick derbys ass....
first striker to become a primadonna... berbatov. he needs a slapping!
first team to hit rock bottom... spurs. the only way is up!

teams most impressed me this year so far... newcastle, man city, everton.

teams i still wish for no good to happen to them as always.. "man" utd, chelski and the arse! also west ham if they were any good!!!

Pookie 08.18.2007 06:14 AM

Anybody going to the match today?

sonicl 08.18.2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Anybody going to the match today?

Don't be silly, Pookie, The Match isn't until tomorrow.

Come on you Blue Boys!!!

I'm so looking forward to seeing those scousers having their "history" shoved up their arses...

sonicl 08.18.2007 07:04 AM

Demonrail: What are your thoughts on the signing of Craig Bellamy? Do The Hammers really need a player on board whose main feature is his skill at spreading dischord throughout the dressing room? Or will Curbishley somehow work miracles with him?

Pookie 08.18.2007 07:22 AM

Personally, I think Bellamy will bring pace and a high work rate to the forward line. He has pace to spare and can operate on the wing if required on occasion. He is not what you would call prolific but he'll probably get 12-15 goals.

demonrail666 08.18.2007 08:40 AM

I rate Bellamy as a player, but have to worry about the fact he's in a team that also includes Bowyer and Dyer. All we need is Robbie Savage and we can start auditioning for a Slap Shot remake.

Loads of rumours amomngst West Ham fans about Curbs future. Scolari's been mentioned, but I say give him at least until xmas.

Either way we need to do a lot better against Birmingham.

Could definitely do with this fella this afternoon:

Pookie 08.18.2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

I rate Bellamy as a player, but have to worry about the fact he's in a team that also includes Bowyer and Dyer. All we need is Robbie Savage and we can start auditioning for a Slap Shot remake.

Loads of rumours amomngst West Ham fans about Curbs future. Scolari's been mentioned, but I say give him at least until xmas.

Either way we need to do a lot better against Birmingham.

Could definitely do with this fella this afternoon:

Meh, I think he's a half decent sweeper, but can't commit enough. He's had his moments, but they're fewer and furtherer between. I would give my left nut to see him pull it out of the bag, but I don't think his determination alone will win on the day. I just think it's a shame that one team has to lose.

Pookie 08.18.2007 09:46 AM

Been a Melchester Rovers fan, man and boy. When watching Italian football, I always root for AC Monza.

demonrail666 08.18.2007 09:48 AM

lol. flid.

Pookie 08.18.2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

lol. flid.

Does he still play for AC Monza? I thought they sold him and replaced him with Sol Spazza.