Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

Bytor Peltor 04.13.2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
You as well! Been a while. Things are well on my end, quarantine aside. Moved cities, found a new job, and in my 30's now. How about you?

Never better!

Seriously, life is grand and quarantined life is getting more comfortable. However, I’m still working 40 hour weeks which helps keeps my balance.

My mom died in 2016, lost our home to a flood in 2017, moved to a new home in a an adjacent city a few miles away. I hit my 50’s and our youngest (17) will graduate high school next month.

It’s been the toughest on her: losing house, switching school districts and now the possibility of NOT having a graduation ceremony. She went on Spring Break in March and might not ever returned to class......she misses social interaction with friends and her dance school, but she is finding ways to thrive. Doing online work for school is at least getting her thinking about online college courses. Just this week she was accepted to two Universities she applied for.

We locked the front doors to our flower shop on March 16, ahead of any mandates from the government. We are still turning out funeral work, but not having interaction with the public......we will survive this!

I’m sure that’s more info than you were interested in, but it’s great to hear from you and I hope you kick up your feet and stay awhile.

Inhuman 04.14.2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Never better!

Seriously, life is grand and quarantined life is getting more comfortable. However, I’m still working 40 hour weeks which helps keeps my balance.

My mom died in 2016, lost our home to a flood in 2017, moved to a new home in a an adjacent city a few miles away. I hit my 50’s and our youngest (17) will graduate high school next month.

It’s been the toughest on her: losing house, switching school districts and now the possibility of NOT having a graduation ceremony. She went on Spring Break in March and might not ever returned to class......she misses social interaction with friends and her dance school, but she is finding ways to thrive. Doing online work for school is at least getting her thinking about online college courses. Just this week she was accepted to two Universities she applied for.

We locked the front doors to our flower shop on March 16, ahead of any mandates from the government. We are still turning out funeral work, but not having interaction with the public......we will survive this!

I’m sure that’s more info than you were interested in, but it’s great to hear from you and I hope you kick up your feet and stay awhile.

Ah nah bud I'm happy to listen. So sorry to hear about you losing your mom. My parents' house was also flooded in 2017 here in Ottawa, but we had managed to sandbag / save it. It's across the street from riverside houses which many didn't make it.

Hope business for you is going well with the adaptations you needed to make. I'm glad your daughter was accepted to two universities and hope that provides a sense of looking forward rather than everything going on with the social isolation! Perhaps they will do a graduation ceremony post-COVID?

zer0 04.19.2020 04:25 PM

hey guys, I'm zero (really original name, I know)
I just joined today, thought the forum would be dead but cool to see it's still alive and kicking!

I'm from the US
cool to have a place to discuss sonic youth, everyone I know thinks they suck lol

favourite song is probably disappearer

g. 04.20.2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zer0
hey guys, I'm zero (really original name, I know)
I just joined today, thought the forum would be dead but cool to see it's still alive and kicking!

I'm from the US
cool to have a place to discuss sonic youth, everyone I know thinks they suck lol

favourite song is probably disappearer

Welcome dude.

Enjoy!

g. 05.19.2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliagomez2244
Hello friends, I'm new to the group !! Cheers

Hey and welcome :)

Bytor Peltor 05.19.2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliagomez2244
Hello friends, I'm new to the group !! Cheers

Welcome to SYG!

What’s the significance of 2244......is it scriptural?

Diesel 05.19.2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Welcome to SYG!

What’s the significance of 2244......is it scriptural?

It's how many std's you get if you respond.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.29.2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16
hi welcome! finally new member and not a spambot! anyway, i'm the youngest kid on this forum and i love sonic youth

Lol wut who are you and what ave u done to ckaire

NYCgaf16 05.30.2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Lol wut who are you and what ave u done to ckaire

she's still here. the new kid appeared in town :cool: :cool: :cool:

_slavo_ 08.12.2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinzenlina
New here! Wondering if this forum is still active...

Anyway, my name is Lina. I recently got into Sonic Youth in the past few years, I grabbed their discography on a whim and started plowing through it. Now they are regular rotation.

Hi Lina, welcome. This place has been half-dead for a long time now, just a few regulars lurking here and there. Not much conversation going on any more, which is a shame, as this use to be a close-knit place where many cool friendships have been born ... speaking from my own experience, I've been here since 2001 or so.

hippietears 05.08.2023 08:44 PM

I somehow found this in 2023 but Hi! My name is Misty, and I use they/them pronouns :)

Antagon 06.13.2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hippietears
I somehow found this in 2023 but Hi! My name is Misty, and I use they/them pronouns :)

Welcome, Misty! It's good to see new people are still joining this old blue dinosaur of a board. :)

hippietears 06.16.2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Welcome, Misty! It's good to see new people are still joining this old blue dinosaur of a board. :)

Thank you! I'm glad some people still exist here, I don't talk to people that also like Sonic Youth very much :)