Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   was michael williams on heroin? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25198)

shentov 09.05.2008 11:28 AM

was michael williams on heroin?

simple question.
excuse my ignorance.

al shabbray 09.05.2008 11:29 AM

whos michael williams?

shentov 09.05.2008 11:31 AM

michael williams of eyehategod, man!

ps
did i ever told you are one fast type of a motherfucker, hrhrhr?>

al shabbray 09.05.2008 11:37 AM

yeah a couple of times :)
"hrhrhr" are you makin that sound with your teeth? hrhrhr

al shabbray 09.05.2008 11:39 AM

btw I met an old freind of mine yesterday, and he is totally fucked, he cant answer a single question. like "hey how have you been" and he is thinkin as long as you dont try to start another topic about it. the problem is its no matter what you ask him, you wont get an answer out of him. I wonder what he did to himself to end like that. its really sad because he was one of the nicest guys Ive known, full of life, interested in almost anything, and now almost braindead.

Everyneurotic 09.05.2008 11:45 AM

the real question is, when isn't he on h?

appearantly, they all stopped doing smack. i interviewed rex of pantera/down last year and he told me everyone, including jimmy bower, don't do anything but alcohol and weed.

shentov 09.05.2008 11:51 AM

yeah, i watched this vid on youtube where mike's talking about Katrina destroying the methadone clinics, but then again they were bitching all the time on him being addicted to cereal, so i wanted to be sure.
i'm big on eyehategod, but never knew much on the members.
might be creepy but i listened to 'dopesick' a lot when kicking CT last year.

Everyneurotic 09.05.2008 12:15 PM

dopesick is one of my favorite albums ever.

actually, michael and his girlfriend (frontwoman of 13) ended up in jail after katrina, and were force to kick horse. the other members of the band plus everyone else on the nola scene made like thousands of pleads to let them have methadone because they were afraid they were going to die.

i read an interview with jimmy bower and he said that around the time of katrina they started, one by one, to get clean.

shentov 09.05.2008 12:45 PM

actually you could not die from opiate withdrawal, although it's the super fucking hell on earth all placed in your body. as painful as it is (and i've been there... million times) it just fades away in three weeks. but i talk 'fast' opiates just like H or M or even dilaudid/oxycodon/whatever shit you could obtain in the States. but i can imagine what a methadone patient could suffer. a fucking 45-day-withdrawal, where you want to die, but are unable to reach the fucking wall to bash yr head on until you get the desired rest...argh the goose bumps as I type this. poor Mike and his girl. fuck the authorities who does not understand the mechanism of opiate addiction and treatment.

do i rant a lot, man haha does my mind focuses on sth other than opiates for more than a second... maaan

shentov 09.05.2008 12:47 PM

what were they put in jail for?

demonrail666 09.05.2008 02:16 PM

Various drug offences. I know Williams was done trying to traffik drugs over a state border or something.

Everyneurotic 09.05.2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shentov
what were they put in jail for?

posession of a control substance (methadone.)

shentov 09.06.2008 02:36 AM

methadone!? wasn't he perscribed methadone?
i don't get the picture, but sure it has something to do with the hurricane.

Everyneurotic 09.06.2008 11:02 AM

he was, but he fled to another town and some asshole cops booked them for that, just to arrest them.

because they were cunts and new orleans was in shambles, that's why they pleaded like crazy to get them out or at least have them take their methadone. it was completely unfair.

jonathan 09.06.2008 04:27 PM

I saw Eyehategod in New Orleans last weekened and Mike Williams was so fucked up that he couldn't even perform. I think he was just drunk, though. It was still fucking ridiculous and really embarrassing for the band.

I wasn't upset, I was half expecting something like that.

batreleaser 09.06.2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan
I saw Eyehategod in New Orleans last weekened and Mike Williams was so fucked up that he couldn't even perform. I think he was just drunk, though. It was still fucking ridiculous and really embarrassing for the band.

I wasn't upset, I was half expecting something like that.

that sorta unpredictability is what makes them so endearing. on any given night, they can be the most powerful band on earth, or a disaster chrachterized by junkies nodding out playing like fucking amateurs. 'dopesick' is in the top 5 best metal albums of all time.

tesla69 09.07.2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

actually you could not die from opiate withdrawal,

but you can die from ALCHOHOL WITHDRAWL

Quote:

fuck the authorities who does not understand the mechanism of opiate addiction and treatment.

oh I think the State understands perfectly. Addicts are necessary boogey men. There seem to be other treatments the govt won't even look at. What about the apomorphine treatment Burroughs used to talk on and on about that was supposed to have successfully treated him, Clapton and Pete Townsend?

shentov 09.07.2008 03:33 PM

yeah, the 'liquid handcuffs' that HAS to help somehow (and yeah, methadone actually does, in a way). but you could always get fucked because you use 'controlled substance'.
the State has all the power to use against addicts.
makes me as sick as being dopesick, actually...

shentov 09.07.2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
but you can die from ALCHOHOL WITHDRAWL

yeah, along w/ benzos and barbiturates. that be absolute fucking hell...

pokkeherrie 09.07.2008 05:57 PM

What about Vanessa Williams then? Was she on crack?