Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hey Hey It's The Weekend! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6963)

sonicl 10.13.2006 04:13 AM

Hey Hey It's The Weekend!

And so begins my quest to find out what everyone is doing.

I'm mostly doing boring stuff related to my (hopefully) forthcoming house move. Might go to the cinema if there's any light-hearted comedy on, might go walking in the countryside somewhere. A pretty un-rock'n'roll weekend.

sun city girl 10.13.2006 04:16 AM

gonna see can't aka jessica rylan today, possibly ninetynine on saturday and on sunday we're going to amusement park.

static-harmony 10.13.2006 04:17 AM

I don't work on friday so I'm up, Hang out with my sis since I haven't seen her,also study. I will go out with my boyfriend, on saturday after work,as well as studying, And sunday study before and after work.

porkmarras 10.13.2006 04:20 AM

I'm spending the weekend at a friend's house and tomorrow we are going to a a party/gig in Kennington.We'll take it from there i,guess.

_slavo_ 10.13.2006 04:31 AM

I'm planning to spend some time with my gf, go out, get wasted and generally chill out a bit after a hectic week. (shit, I don't even remember a week that WASN'T hectic recently).

DemonBox 10.13.2006 06:04 AM

Today I'm going to clean up appartment, wash my clothes, listen to some music. I'm listening to The Gun Club - Danse Kalinda Boom rigth now, and I'm thinking about making a Gun Club mix to bring at a party I'm going to tonigth. Cause music at parties use to suck.

HaydenAsche 10.13.2006 08:11 AM

I have job interview today. Tonight a friends band is playing in the back of his pick-up truck before a football game. It should be fun.

Tomorrow, I dunno what's going on. Possibly going to a car auction or maybe going to some hardcore show in the cities.

Sunday, homework and sleep.

Alex's Trip 10.13.2006 08:21 AM

I'll be doing nothing, other than waiting for my CDs from Amazon to be delivered.

DemonBox 10.13.2006 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I'll be doing nothing, other than waiting for my CDs from Amazon to be delivered.

What did you order?

Alex's Trip 10.13.2006 08:29 AM

Silver Jews-American Water
Animal Collective-Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished/Danse Manitee
Vashti Bunyan-Another Diamond Day
Devendra Banhart-Rejoicing in the Hands.

DemonBox 10.13.2006 08:33 AM

Cool. I havent heard any of those records, but getting new records is always a thrill. How is the Silver Jews? I've heard about them, but I've never checked them out.

Alex's Trip 10.13.2006 08:34 AM

I really like the songs I have heard. But this'll be my first album from them. They are good, I definitely recommend them.

porkmarras 10.13.2006 08:35 AM

[quote=Alex's Trip]
Vashti Bunyan-Another Diamond Day
quote]
Yes yes yes.We were listening to this last night while drinking vodka and chatting at my mate's house.Excellent album.

HaydenAsche 10.13.2006 08:51 AM

Yes. Vashti is wonderful.

That Devendra record is brilliant as well.

sun city girl 10.13.2006 08:54 AM

yeah, vashti rules, animal collective too.

Cantankerous 10.13.2006 09:29 AM

not for me.

tomorrow morning (saturday) i am flying to new york and i will be visiting friends who live there and going out with them tomorrow night. sunday i'm going to the patti smith show at cb's.

gmku 10.13.2006 09:44 AM

It begins today with driving to my son's college to pick him up. It's his birthday tomorrow. That will involve cake, dinner out, and other happy things. Then Sunday afternoon we'll drive him back to college, drop him off at the dorm, and, with tears in our eyes, slowly start back down the road to our empty little nest. During all this, I'll occassionally feel a twinge of envy over the thought of Cantankerous going to NYC and seeing Patti Smith in cb's. But this too will pass.

HaydenAsche 10.13.2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
It begins today with driving to my son's college to pick him up. It's his birthday tomorrow. That will involve cake, dinner out, and other happy things. Then Sunday afternoon we'll drive him back to college, drop him off at the dorm, and, with tears in our eyes, slowly start back down the road to our empty little nest.

I hope you aren't serious?

"empty little nest"?

Cantankerous 10.13.2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypertonic
it's still open?

last show ever is sunday (the one i'm going to), closes on halloween for good.

i hope i can get into the dictators show tomorrow night. i really, really want to go to both.

gmku 10.13.2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I hope you aren't serious?

"empty little nest"?

Well, yeah. It is empty. You know, the "empty nest syndrome," and all that. Or is that just an American thing? Means when your kids are grown and gone.... empty house, just you and your spouse. No? Of course, we have the Golden Retrievers. Those two clowns keep us pretty happy.