Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   It cannot be just me (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1138)

Rob Instigator 04.21.2006 01:05 PM

It cannot be just me

does anyone else just get the sick urge to ditch work and go home and listen to records for 4-5 hours? I get that every fucking day. I miss my turntable when I am at work.

!@#$%! 04.21.2006 01:42 PM

oh man. i feel for you. i work mostly at home. with a loud fucking stereo. get some monster headphones & wear them @ work.

sonikold 04.21.2006 03:14 PM

i miss my turntable. the preamp isn't working right now so i left it at my parents' house. i'm jonesin' for my kraftwerk vinyl!

HaydenAsche 04.21.2006 04:21 PM

I am going to do that every freaking day next year when I do PSEO over the computer.

schizophrenicroom 04.21.2006 05:09 PM

i want to do this so bad, but i'd be pretty screwed.

Sonic Max 04.21.2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh man. i feel for you. i work mostly at home. with a loud fucking stereo. get some monster headphones & wear them @ work.

What do you do man?
man i want to work from home.

fictionfriction 04.21.2006 05:15 PM

hell yes, especially when i seem to hear the same 10 shitty songs over and over again everyday at work. i make a mental list of all the records i could buy with my wages and that's what keeps me going. i may take a day off when rather ripped comes out.

Everyneurotic 04.21.2006 05:54 PM

i'm totally feeling like that!!! i'm at school, half ill and the batteries on my discman just died.

and i need to fix the arm on my turntable; i got the new mono album a couple of weeks ago and had to hear just disc 1 with a the needle shorting out every half second. did i mention i line out the turntable to my guitar amp to be able to hear it?

i need a stereo
and a job

golden child 04.21.2006 06:47 PM

i work in the backroom at the computer lab at school during two periods and we have a pretty nice stereo hooked to a computer where we can play anything we want (as long as it isnt vulgar)

so i dont as much, but yeah i do

PunkerViolence 04.21.2006 07:11 PM

Thats what i used to be like at school. Always humming songs, or singing em in my head. All thats sorted now that ive got my trusted 6gb mp3 player :)

Soundtrax 04.21.2006 08:41 PM

yeah, i have the same problem, dude. i just want to sit in front of the computer, and listen to music. my co workers always want to go for a drink after job, but they arent really into music, so they dont understand my passion, why would someone prefer going home and listening the music, to a beer with friends... but i just ussually rather go home then have a beer with co-workers... people that arent really into music will never get it what satisfaction it can bring :)