Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   my motion-sensor lights keep going off outside (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34946)

davenotdead 09.29.2009 12:06 AM

my motion-sensor lights keep going off outside

until last month that usually just meant a big raccoon or something

but last month someone broke into my friend's car [unlocked] in my driveway and took his wallet and calculator.
then a week later we get a call from crimestoppers saying there have been a large number of cars being broken into in our area.

we used to leave our house unlocked all the time, back and side door. our cars are still unlocked [never left valuables in them in the first place].

but i'm just one of those people... i don't do well with this stuff. i could see myself dying from refusing to give my wallet to a pack of punk kids or something. or fighting back against a gang.

growing up in safe neighborhoods, i'm not used to this at all and i've never been more angry in my life than when i was assaulted in australia, mine was verbal and a shove, and then my roommate made fun of them and ended up taking the physical assault. from a couple australian asshole kids probably 17-18, who were pretending to be a gang or something.

that was the only time in my life i've been angry enough that my temp rose pretty high. high enough that i felt feverish and my forehead was burning. felt like it took forever before i could sweat it out. i had the most evil thoughts, it was pretty bad. i don't even know what i would've done to them if i had known there whereabouts. it happened in an instant, and they ran off. and there was a police car right there, and the cop didn't even stop them.

we don't even own guns anymore, so i fear for those kids because it will be me and my brother and my baseball bat. i'm sure its kids since this lady/neighbor [who found my friend's driver's license in a creek behind her house] said that they kept stealing freon from her a/c unit outside her house.

i've had a few bucks stolen from me before, but once its on my property, and near my house/family, its over for them. i don't play around in this instance

amerikangod 09.29.2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
but last month someone broke into my friend's car [unlocked] in my driveway and took his wallet and calculator.

Quote:

took his wallet and calculator.

Quote:

wallet and calculator.

Quote:

calculator.

NERD!!!!

davenotdead 09.29.2009 12:17 AM

haha. he was in a math class at the time. it was a $100 calculator

Zombie Robot 09.29.2009 12:20 AM

anyone that pays $100 for a calculator doesnt deserve to have $100

NERD!!!

static-harmony 09.29.2009 02:18 AM

I didn't read calculator. But yeah it's self-defense man. Throw in the race card.

EVOLghost 09.29.2009 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Robot
anyone that pays $100 for a calculator doesnt deserve to have $100

no one remembers these? mo fugs are expensive.

static-harmony 09.29.2009 02:28 AM

I used to love those with the games on. I never was able to figure out how to put a game into it.

jon boy 09.29.2009 02:29 AM

stop whining pussy.

davenotdead 09.29.2009 02:39 AM

it was more of a venting.

and a warning, because i'm sure some of yr indie asses have stolen freon before

Glice 09.29.2009 05:09 AM

Nerd.

floatingslowly 09.29.2009 08:22 AM

hey guys...does anyone know of a good place to pawn a calculator?

it's one of those fancy $100 kinds.

SONIC GAIL 09.29.2009 08:46 AM

I will give you $20 for it

gmku 09.29.2009 08:48 AM

Why would somebody leave valuables in a car, especially a wallet!?

This thread kind of makes me wanna go, "Duh."

floatingslowly 09.29.2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I will give you $20 for it

I was really hoping for $25.

what if I threw in an "I Went to Australia and All I Got Was Beat Up" commemorative t-shirt? that's worth something!

SONIC GAIL 09.29.2009 09:11 AM

It's a deal!

davenotdead 09.29.2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Why would somebody leave valuables in a car, especially a wallet!?

This thread kind of makes me wanna go, "Duh."

it shows how cozy my hood was before this spree

gmku 09.29.2009 01:52 PM

Still... . I wouldn't do it even if my car was locked up tight in a garage. Maybe I'm paranoid, but my wallet is either always on my person or, if at home, within sight.

davenotdead 09.29.2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
no one remembers these? mo fugs are expensive.

$100 is nothing for a calc. i guess if you never made it past the 6th grade long division though, there isn't much need for a calculator that can graph and perform calculous functions

davenotdead 09.29.2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Still... . I wouldn't do it even if my car was locked up tight in a garage. Maybe I'm paranoid, but my wallet is either always on my person or, if at home, within sight.

i am the same, i have no idea why he left his wallet in the car

gmku 09.29.2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

i am the same, i have no idea why he left his wallet in the car

Could it have been... his drug-addled mind?!?!?