Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   big ol shooting in new york (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30059)

jon boy 04.03.2009 12:32 PM

big ol shooting in new york

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7982444.stm

new york state actually. why am i bothering to tell you this?

davenotdead 04.03.2009 02:23 PM

lots of shootings lately. people must be stressed out. DO SOMETHING BARAK! FUCK!

uhler 04.03.2009 02:38 PM

it must have been because of all the rain today.

noisereductions 04.03.2009 02:47 PM

I dnt really think it's funny to make light of people being killed.

davenotdead 04.03.2009 02:50 PM

i saw on the news the other day that by the time Barak is out of office, he will have accrued more debt for us than every other president in history, combined and including dubya.

seriously, all those foreigners who made us vote for barak better start sending us money

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.03.2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
i saw on the news the other day that by the time Barak is out of office, he will have accrued more debt for us than every other president in history, combined and including dubya.

seriously, all those foreigners who made us vote for barak better start sending us money

in many respects, this in an american problem, not just limited to the president individually. Our country is in shits, we have neglects our responsibilities for decades and now it has come time to pay the piper. one way or another, the spending will have to happen and that is simply a reality of the day.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.03.2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
lots of shootings lately. people must be stressed out. DO SOMETHING BARAK! FUCK!

shoot outs are an american tradition..

there are a few every single day here in Los Angeles, over 300 people have been shot since last december, well over a hundred of them killed :(

deflinus 04.03.2009 03:17 PM

today sucks. everyone's in a pissy mood today for some reason

joe11121 04.03.2009 09:53 PM

I'm surprisingly happy today, anyway, shooting a bunch of random people is just retarded, like really what kind of person would do that?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.04.2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe11121
I'm surprisingly happy today, anyway, shooting a bunch of random people is just retarded, like really what kind of person would do that?

max 04.04.2009 07:35 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuchFriendsAreDangerous again.

atsonicpark 04.04.2009 08:36 PM

Obama's just the U.S.'s mascot. You can put anybody up there. We'll still have probably pretty much the same problems. The president alone doesn't decide the fate of EVERYTHING. So, I've always found it bad to blame him. He's just supposed to project a good image for the U.S. He certainly does that better than some redneck idiot. But man... anyone putting their hopes and dreams into one person is sure to be disappointed... because, guess what, nothing's going to change (for the better).. probably ever.

Derek 04.04.2009 08:46 PM

But these are difficult times, and it helps to have a sense of humour, doesn't it, ladies and gentlemen, with some of the things we've been going through in this country. I gotta tell you, I'm sure a few of you will agree, George Bush is the worst president this country has ever had, huh? Which is why it's so hard for me to understand why his son, George W Bush, has turned out to be the best president this country's ever had.

davenotdead 04.05.2009 02:09 PM

democrats are just terrible with money. gosh

vulva 04.05.2009 02:11 PM

big ol pooping in new dork

Lamont Cranston 04.05.2009 09:45 PM

so the guy in new your state was one of those people made paranoid by all that 'damn guv'mit' stuff?