Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

pepper_green 04.04.2016 10:28 PM

jamming to this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHxkPNx23Og

summer of 91 baby!:fuckyou: I don't care if im old. you suck, I rule!!! little bastard!!! u little has been pop fuck!!!

this is why no one post here anymore because they know old drunk ass pepper_green will curse them the fuck out. you ain't shit!!!:) you know it but it's history anyway!!!! your generation has not this, so you make fun of it because it's old. you'll be old soon. they said more in a lifetime. welcome old age.

Severian 04.04.2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper_green
sweet sweet fantasy baby! so deep in my daisies/daydreams!

I'm trying to revert this thread back to 90's pop.

Dude. That song's crammed in my head now and I gotta say, I do not hate it.
I remember liking "Always be my baby" also. Of course I admitted that to no one because, y'know, testosterone n whatnot.

noisereductions 04.04.2016 10:35 PM

ya'll can pig-pile on me if it'll get the Café back on track. I love T. Swift.

SErious question: Who do we ALL agree on? ALL of us? Me, Sev, louder, pepper, SuchFriends, Rob, etc??? Who do we all love?

Or maybe just one album we all fucking love?

I'm curious now for this common ground and bro-hugs.

Severian 04.04.2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

SErious question: Who do we ALL agree on? ALL of us? Me, Sev, louder, pepper, SuchFriends, Rob, etc??? Who do we all love?

I don't think there's anyone who posts here who doesn't love Wu-Tang and Tribe. I'm not sure we all LOVE them, but I don't think any of us dislike them. And I think we all at least like 2pac too. And Kool Keith.

As far as albums go, who doesn't love Illmatic? Anyone?
What about Midnight Marauders?
Enter the Wu-Tang?
How about Dr. Octagonecologist?

I feel like the answer is in here somewhere.

louder 04.04.2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

OutKast

Severian 04.04.2016 11:29 PM

Oh yeah. OutKast too. Though in the Stankonia vs. Speakerboxx/TLB battle I'm sooooo for Stankonia.

Severian 04.04.2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

if you don't get paranoid from this then your too young:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTE1Uj9Z8c

Video not found.

But for some reason Toto's Africa was on the recommended list for me when I looked. I HATE that video. It makes NO kind of godly sense, and is, like, scary racist. Why is the evil African throwing spears? Why is the band playing on a book cover? Why does it look like it's going to be a sexy librarian thing, only to turn into a black-on-black terrorist attack that te overly emotive singer seems to be totally cool with? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THAY VIDEO?!?!

pepper_green 04.04.2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Video not found.

But for some reason Toto's Africa was on the recommended list for me when I looked. I HATE that video. It makes NO kind of godly sense, and is, like, scary racist. Why is the evil African throwing spears? Why is the band playing on a book cover? Why does it look like it's going to be a sexy librarian thing, only to turn into a black-on-black terrorist attack that te overly emotive singer seems to be totally cool with? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THAY VIDEO?!?!

you bastard. I was trying to post "Welcome to the Terrordome". haha! It wasn't my first album just the first one a found with that song on it.

btw, I don't listen to Africa. don't know how that got there. lol:o

I love the Terrordome and PE

Severian 04.04.2016 11:38 PM

Seriously, watch this garbage:
Toto - "Africa (or, an absurdly sweaty inexplicably shrinking historian-or-something browses a library while a bitch gets her ass skewered and burned right next to him")

pepper_green 04.04.2016 11:45 PM

it's not as bad as Bruce Hornsby's "The way it Is". I hate that song. reminds me of getting dropped off to school from my mom's car in the morning with that shitting song in my head.

hey, did you know that one of the writers for Toto wrote Human Nature?

back around to MJ

pepper_green 04.04.2016 11:58 PM

who the hell though it was a good ideal for tu pac to rap over that throw up song(the way it is)? P diddy?

yep. that's the way it is. it is what it fucking is. so much high school 2 pac bullshit in my head now. fuck him.

pepper_green 04.05.2016 12:05 AM

I don't like 2 pac. blasphemy I know. don't like him at all. too cocky and boisterous for his own good. naïve and careless for his own good. portrayed himself as dumber than he was. death trip asshole. vainly making it cool when could have done better otherwise portraying himself as a thug which inspiring 10 years of dopes to do the same.

not for me.

pepper_green 04.05.2016 12:24 AM

to me he inspired a bunch of cocky redneck Georgia white boys to call me a punk ass bitch and beat me up with baggy pants and tattoos back in the late 90's and 2000's.

those days are gone now and I fuck their girlfriends and momma.

pepper_green 04.05.2016 12:32 AM

thank you Ye!!

louder 04.05.2016 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Oh yeah. OutKast too. Though in the Stankonia vs. Speakerboxx/TLB battle I'm sooooo for Stankonia.

I consider Speakerbox and TLB two seperate solo albums.

Stankonia and TLB are both masterpieces. But so are ATLiens and Aquemini. In my opinion, the real question is old OutKast (ATLiens and Aquemini) vs. new (Stankonia and SB/TLB).

Rob Instigator 04.05.2016 08:38 AM

Aquemini for the gold

Severian 04.05.2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

who the hell though it was a good ideal for tu pac to rap over that throw up song(the way it is)? P diddy?

yep. that's the way it is. it is what it fucking is. so much high school 2 pac bullshit in my head now. fuck him.

Are you talking about "Changes"? Dude, that's a great song!

Severian 04.05.2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Aquemini for the gold

Yeah, my faves are Stankonia and Aquemini.

I used to put Speakerboxx/TLB to a pedestal. I still think "Hey ya" is just one of the best fucking singles of all time, but it's a pop song. I prefer TLB to Speakerboxx on the whole, and Stankonia just owns them both.

What I don't like about OutKast is that the more the experimented, the less their music sounded like hip-hop. In contrast to Kanye for instance, who is still so undeniably hip-hop, even when he's making electro post-punk shit.

I think Speakerboxx/TLB was a triumphant album, and that if it hadn't been made the world would probably be a shittier place. But it's not the OutKast I fell in love with.

Severian 04.05.2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
I consider Speakerbox and TLB two seperate solo albums.

Stankonia and TLB are both masterpieces. But so are ATLiens and Aquemini. In my opinion, the real question is old OutKast (ATLiens and Aquemini) vs. new (Stankonia and SB/TLB).

See, I think Stankonia is closer in spirit to the former.

And what about Southernplayalisticadilacmuzik?

Severian 04.05.2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

to me he inspired a bunch of cocky redneck Georgia white boys to call me a punk ass bitch and beat me up with baggy pants and tattoos back in the late 90's and 2000's.

those days are gone now and I fuck their girlfriends and momma.

This kinda happened to me too. The very year that "California Love" dropped, I was being called a punk and a fag, by folks at my high school who wore oversized Pac shirts all the time.

For some reason, the phrase "skater fag" was thrown at me a lot by this very same group of assholes. I guess I used to spend some time on the half pipe in the summers, but I was never a skater kid, never wore the clothes or the beanies or anything. That fucking insult just baffled me. Felt lazy. Punk, I can understand, but these guys were grasping at straws.