Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

Severian 02.18.2016 11:49 AM

I think "Famous" is absolutely incredible. Shrug.

It's totally on a par with MBDTF. When I first heard it I was a bit confused, but it's just a great mix of the beautiful and the ugly. It's soulful and it's hood and then it just gets happy as hell. It's sad too, though. Rihanna delivered. Nina is great sampling material. My early favorite song on the album for sure.

louder 02.18.2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Wait, Kanye had a rap verse on that song? What? What?!!!

No I meant he should've had one.

Severian 02.18.2016 11:58 AM

Oh. Well. Maybe. Yeah, I guess that would have been nice.

Could have lead into an opening verse at least. Like "Dark Fantasy" ...

I just watched the SNL performances. Thought they were pretty good. Especially ULB. But high lights was awkward. Nobody knew what they were doing. Just kinda ambling around, "dancing" or bobbing like fucking assholes.

Who was that big tall white guy on the left? I've never seen a human being look more out of place in a rap performance. A giant, shy, seemingly non-hetero awkward white guy with a goatee wearing the same outfits as everyone else? Poor bastard. And he didn't even get a shout out.

louder 02.18.2016 01:43 PM

New Curren$y X Alchemist tape is FLAMES!! Still need more listens but possibly even better than Pilot Talk 3.

Check it out: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/currensy...pe.116270.html

louder 02.18.2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Who was that big tall white guy on the left? I've never seen a human being look more out of place in a rap performance. A giant, shy, seemingly non-hetero awkward white guy with a goatee wearing the same outfits as everyone else? Poor bastard. And he didn't even get a shout out.

I haven't watched the performance yet so I have no idea who you're referring to but that's hilarious.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Dude. Let it go. Its the internet.

Its what it does.
Its all it does

this was some of my best work, now i demand recognition or i refuse to release any more of my posts

noisereductions 02.18.2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

this was some of my best work, now i demand recognition or i refuse to release any more of my posts

I hate to admit that I don't know what this was referencing.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 03:19 PM

The Terminator.. Reese interrogation scene..

noisereductions 02.18.2016 03:53 PM

that's why. It's prob been close to 20 yrs since I've seen the first Terminator. The 2nd is really the only one in the series that I've watched multiple times.

louder 02.18.2016 04:34 PM

Man I just remembered I STILL haven't heard DJ Quik's album from 2014.. need to step it up.

noisereductions 02.18.2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
Man I just remembered I STILL haven't heard DJ Quik's album from 2014.. need to step it up.

Book Of Daniel?

I only heard some if it myself. But I liked what I heard.

You heard Blaqkout, right?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
that's why. It's prob been close to 20 yrs since I've seen the first Terminator. The 2nd is really the only one in the series that I've watched multiple times.

You should be embarrassed as T1 is so much more of a straight up mind fuck and frankly i think its the best in the entire series, especially if youdon't have any prior knowledge

louder 02.18.2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Book Of Daniel?

I only heard some if it myself. But I liked what I heard.

You heard Blaqkout, right?

No man The Book of David was from like 2012. He dropped an album called The Midnight Life two years ago. I think that only SuchFriends was reppin it here.. I've heard a couple of songs but never the full album. I'm sleeping on his discog big time.

Severian 02.18.2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
No man The Book of David was from like 2012. He dropped an album called The Midnight Life two years ago. I think that only SuchFriends was reppin it here.. I've heard a couple of songs but never the full album. I'm sleeping on his discog big time.

Dude I repped that shit! I have that album and think it's dope. It did take me a while to buy it though. But it was on my as-yet-still-unreleased top 50 albums of 2014.

Severian 02.18.2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

You should be embarrassed as T1 is so much more of a straight up mind fuck and frankly i think its the best in the entire series, especially if youdon't have any prior knowledge

No man that most recent one where they go back into the first one and fuck everything up and make the first one seem tainted in the process... That's the best one. Cuz of yay franchises and stuff.

I liked Terminator before it was an actual franchise. When it was just Terminator. And T2 was a hell of a sequel, but they should have never gone any further with that shit. Everything thereafter was complete and utter horseshit. I didn't even bother to read the reviews of "Genysis" or whateverthefuck because oh my god what stupid shit.

Rebooting a movie is one thing. Making a reboot movie that rapes the original up the ass forever tainting the actual chain of events in the film we all loved so much can suck my dick unless it's being done by Doctor Who in an alternate timeline that will be undone later.

Man I love Doctor Who.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 06:40 PM

I agree and all things considering i imagine only doing the two was the original plan. Indeed T2 was already kind of convoluted as it was and so had to rely on anecdotal dialogue

Severian 02.18.2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

I got it!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 06:44 PM

The Terminator is all business. We never have a clue who the killer is until midway.. we don't really know what is going on until the end and in actuality it was a closed ending.. kid snaps the picture of her thinking about how she realized she loved Reese and its the picture that Reese had in the future that he fell in love with wondering what she was thinking about in that picture! I mean how much more of a mind fuck is that??? We don't need T2. I mean i loved it as an all time great flick and one of last blockbusters that was still a film and art rather than an empty cash cow BUT its an entirely superfluous sequel

Severian 02.18.2016 06:57 PM

T2 had some very obvious "buddy comedy" overtones that everyone conveniently forgets about when they talk about the movie. The T1000 was truly terrifying. But the cheeky interplay between "cool dude John Connor" and the "friendly" killer robot from the future had some seriously nauseating qualities to it.

Still, great movie. But The Terminator is not cute at all. It's actually really scary, even now. Things that come at you without stopping are, like, just universally and archtypally horrifying in some really global and primitive way.

That's why IT FOLLOWS was so scary. And that film borrowed a great deal of its menace from the Terminator films. (Man, something as simple as the T1000 breaking into a run was so subtle yet scary that it actually made me contemplate my mortality at the age of 10.)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 06:58 PM

Yes Terminator is definitely a horror flick whereas T2 is scifi