Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

noisereductions 02.18.2016 08:25 AM

did y'all know about A$AP Mob's WAVY WEDNESDAYS ??

they've put out 5 new songs this year.

Who the heck is Carti & Uno ??

Rob Instigator 02.18.2016 09:22 AM

louder 02.18.2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
What? You like Feedback?

I love Feedback!

Are you just taking about this "OG" version? Is the whole "OG" version available or are you basing this on snippets?

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!!!

I stop following Kanye on Twitter for one day and suddenly all this shut has happened?

Is he going to release the "OG" version?
I don't really think he's stupid enough to follow through with his threat to NEVER release a retail version.

If he did, it would be the first time he's actually done what he said he was going to do in.... I don't know... ever?

This is too much crazy bullshit for me. I love the album, but now I feel like it's back on the drawing board. Pitchfork has reviewed it for fucks sake! Get over it Kanye, or make another fucking album! Jesus Fucking goddamn Christ!

LOL no man I'm talking about the normal album. Feedback is one of the few songs I'm digging right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj

Big Quint is my favorite Youtube "reviewer"! Peep his To Pimp a Butterfly reaction too. Classic stuff!!

Only wish I felt this album as much as he does. :(

louder 02.18.2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Louder- these OG tracks sound pretty much exactly like the rest of TLOP. Don't get yourself excited, bro, I don't want to deal with the soul crushing agony of you being disappointed in Kanye again (again, again) ;)

It doesn't matter, the more tracks we get the easier I could make my own custom version of the album that I could actually enjoy the whole way through.

louder 02.18.2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't think there's anything all that remarkable about Future. At least not from hearing this album.

I'm a Future fan and I don't like that album at all.. listen to Monster then you'll "get" it.

- Throw Away (especially the 2nd half)
- My Savages
- Hardly
- Codeine Crazy

Some of the best hip hop in the last few years.

louder 02.18.2016 10:18 AM

Every Day Hustlin I Gotta Go Get It, I Gotta Get Wu-tang, Gotta Get Cream!!

Severian 02.18.2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

One of my Facebook friends shared a photo like this only with mouth kissing, via some dumbass website. And the text said "Kanye West wants these photos removed from the internet, so share now!"

As though everyone is sitting at their computer, waiting for a way to make Kanye West angry.

I almost went postal. Considered Photoshopping the pic so it looked like my "friend" was kissing himself, and nonchalantly posting it on his timeline. Then I remember that I'm in my Fucking thirties.
So I settled for unfriending the guy instead. Too harsh? Nope.

Severian 02.18.2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
I'm a Future fan and I don't like that album at all.. listen to Monster then you'll "get" it.

- Throw Away (especially the 2nd half)
- My Savages
- Hardly
- Codeine Crazy

Some of the best hip hop in the last few years.

Codeine crazy is definitely one of the best rap songs of the last few years.

I wish Future had just trimmed the fat from that excellent string of mixtapes (Purple Reign excluded.... was excited for that one and loved the title but I was totally unimpressed by it) and just released a couple of studio albums out of that material instead of DS2. Could have been an epic album.

Severian 02.18.2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

LOL no man I'm talking about the normal album. Feedback is one of the few songs I'm digging right now.

Praise be to Jesus! Ok, so that means you haven't totally thrown in the towel. This is fantastic news. Baby steps and all, but I'll take it!!

So as of now you like "Feedback" and "Real Friends" and "No more Parties in LA" and you said "30 hours" went hard (it does), and I'm assuming you must like "Wolves" or we would have talked about it long ago.

That's almost ⅓ of the album, dawg!

Can I please get some comments from you on "Ultralight Beams," "WAVES," and "Famous?" Like, pretty please? I know you feel the album is a piece of shit disappointment but please dawg, talk to me about the musicality of these tracks.
What do you think of the beards and the production?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

One of my Facebook friends shared a photo like this only with mouth kissing, via some dumbass website. And the text said "Kanye West wants these photos removed from the internet, so share now!"

As though everyone is sitting at their computer, waiting for a way to make Kanye West angry.

I almost went postal. Considered Photoshopping the pic so it looked like my "friend" was kissing himself, and nonchalantly posting it on his timeline. Then I remember that I'm in my Fucking thirties.
So I settled for unfriending the guy instead. Too harsh? Nope.

Dude. Let it go. Its the internet.

Its what it does.
Its all it does

louder 02.18.2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Codeine crazy is definitely one of the best rap songs of the last few years.

I wish Future had just trimmed the fat from that excellent string of mixtapes (Purple Reign excluded.... was excited for that one and loved the title but I was totally unimpressed by it) and just released a couple of studio albums out of that material instead of DS2. Could have been an epic album.

Forreal. He wasted a great title with "Purple Reign". Unfortuantely I think he's gonna keep releasing mediocre projects for a while now.

louder 02.18.2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Praise be to Jesus! Ok, so that means you haven't totally thrown in the towel. This is fantastic news. Baby steps and all, but I'll take it!!

So as of now you like "Feedback" and "Real Friends" and "No more Parties in LA" and you said "30 hours" went hard (it does), and I'm assuming you must like "Wolves" or we would have talked about it long ago.

That's almost ⅓ of the album, dawg!

Can I please get some comments from you on "Ultralight Beams," "WAVES," and "Famous?" Like, pretty please? I know you feel the album is a piece of shit disappointment but please dawg, talk to me about the musicality of these tracks.
What do you think of the beards and the production?

I like Ultralight Beams but it feels lazy because Kanye forgot to add his own verse on it. Waves is like 90% Chris Brown.. WHY? Famous is a mess.

louder 02.18.2016 11:07 AM

Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 is great but the bleached asshole lines gotta go.

louder 02.18.2016 11:08 AM

Pt. 2 makes me cringe with the poverty Future/Migos immitator. "I got broads in Atlanta" is a damn catchy line though.

30 Hours is good but the 2nd half is basically a bunch of mumbling.

Fade has great production but it feels like Kanye didn't know what to do with the song in terms of songwriting and rapping.

Facts is fucking trash. That song should've never been on the album in the first place.

louder 02.18.2016 11:11 AM

I still prefer the original version of Wolves with that awesome Vic Mensa verse. "DON'T FOOOL YOURSELF YOUR EYES DON'T LIEEE YOU'RE MUCH TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.."

louder 02.18.2016 11:20 AM

I know, Kanye isn't a perfectionist anymore.. he forgets to add verses sometimes and doesn't care about the lyrics on his songs, he doesn't have a lot to say and spits some dumb shit just because he thinks it's funny. He probably thinks that lyrics don't matter in hip hop anymore. That's cool. A lot of people seem to agree too, sadly. But I don't mess with it personally.

louder 02.18.2016 11:23 AM

NOISEY Bompton: Growing up with Kendrick Lamar (Part 1)

Severian 02.18.2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

I know, Kanye isn't a perfectionist anymore.. he forgets to add verses sometimes and doesn't care about the lyrics on his songs, he doesn't have a lot to say and spits some dumb shit just because he thinks it's funny. He probably thinks that lyrics don't matter in hip hop anymore. That's cool. A lot of people seem to agree too, sadly. But I don't mess with it personally.

I think he still has a ton of great, quotable lyrics on TLOP. I think he does care about lyrics, or we wouldn't have tracks like "Real Friends" or "NMPILA"

Yeah, 30 Hours devolves into a bit of a "Last Call" kind of track, but that's ok with me because it goes hard as hell for a good 3+ minutes. And when he takes that call from (who is it? Dream? Dame? I don't know) while he's recording, I think that's cute as hell. That song could have ended the album.

Severian 02.18.2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

I like Ultralight Beams but it feels lazy because Kanye forgot to add his own verse on it. Waves is like 90% Chris Brown.. WHY? Famous is a mess.

Wait, Kanye had a rap verse on that song? What? What?!!!

Severian 02.18.2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1 is great but the bleached asshole lines gotta go.

I like the way he rhymes it in such an innocent, soft voice. I'm totally ok with it actually. Kanye wouldn't be Kanye without those "are you kidding me?" moments. It works and sounds like he's having fun. Is it a total nonsequitur? Yes. But whatever. It doesn't even phase me. I just sing along.