Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Londoners, I have a question (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40563)

_slavo_ 07.21.2010 02:56 AM

Londoners, I have a question

Hello there fellow Londoners,
I kind of fell in love with football in recent years and would like to ask those of you who are aware of Premier League clubs in your city a question. I'd love to go to London and see a PL game later this year and was wondering ... what's the procedure with going to games and buying tickets? How much are tickets for a regular league game and do I need to book in advance? I don't care which game to see, but I've heard West Ham have great supporters so that might be a nice experience.

Glice 07.21.2010 04:17 AM

I'm up for a trip to the Hammers actually. Let me know, that'd be quite a laugh. I don't know the answer to your question because I am one of those homosexuals that stuffs his bum with penis on those Saturdays when normal men are watching football.

demonrail666 07.21.2010 04:31 AM

You do need to book in advance for most games, at least at West Ham, where tickets range from between around £70 to £50, depending on where you sit and the status of the opposition. It's generally accepted even amongst rival supporters that there's a really good atmosphere at Upton Park compared with the other London PL sides. West Ham would be a really good team to see ... so long as you don't expect them to win.

You can get all the ticket information you need here:

http://www.whufc.com/page/TicketNews/0,,12562,00.html

_slavo_ 07.21.2010 04:31 AM

Thanks for an information-packed reply, non-Londoner.

edit:that was for Glice.

jon boy 07.21.2010 11:07 AM

not west ham! the worst club in london town and thats coming from a leeds fan. my advice slavo is to go armed to the teeth, be prepared for a fight and a massive dissapointment (especially when seeing west ham) and book well in advance.

blunderbuss 07.21.2010 12:02 PM

Tickets for Fulham games are fairly easy to get, unless it's against one of the "top five" teams, but the atmosphere's not what you'd get at West Ham.

If Fulham interests you, let me know, as I have a friend who may have some kind of priority rights to buying tickets.

_slavo_ 07.21.2010 01:36 PM

i know nothing about Fulham, to be honest.
you told me how high is the price for regular Chelsea game as we rode to Minehead, remember that, blunderbuss?
Of course I'd love to see Chelsea as well (one of the most talented Slovakian youth players Milan Lalkovic has recently signed a contract with them and already played about 30 minutes against Crystal Palace or whoever that was) as it's your favourite team, but I'm afraid I'd go bankrupt after a game like that.

SonicBebs 07.21.2010 03:03 PM

crystal palace are an incredible championship side in south london (some say the Pride of South London) who wont cost you more than £30 to see. The area's a shit hole, the "stadium" is full of asbestos and apart from about 30 17year olds in the corner getting excited after 2 bottles of warm Fosters the atmosphere is best described as "quiet".
But you can get tickets on the day and depending on when you come you might get to see the mighty Cardif, or Preston. In the rain.

there's a nice Morley's fried chicken shop round the corner and Selhurst Railway Depot is a sight to be seen

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.21.2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Hello there fellow Londoners,
I kind of fell in love with football in recent years..

futbol eh?

or do you mean..

;)

demonrail666 07.21.2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
not west ham! the worst club in london town and thats coming from a leeds fan. my advice slavo is to go armed to the teeth, be prepared for a fight and a massive dissapointment (especially when seeing west ham) and book well in advance.

Not true at all. There's a cosy intimacy between the players and the fans, that's all.

jon boy 07.21.2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Not true at all. There's a cosy intimacy between the players and the fans, that's all.

but west ham are about the worst team ever. those guys where obviously paid to do that.

demonrail666 07.22.2010 04:16 AM

They are about the worst team ever but, as a Leeds fan, you should know that being shit is hardly a reason not to love a team. Otherwise we'd all be wearing Man U and Chelsea shirts. Supporting a crap team makes those rare instances of success all the more sweet.

_slavo_ 07.22.2010 04:28 AM

True. My hometown team is the definition of misery but I still support them a lot.

demonrail666 07.22.2010 04:42 AM

Exactly, Slavo.

West Ham do a lot for the local community, like organising the regular relay race for the fans at half time:

SonicBebs 07.22.2010 04:38 PM

palace fans are more scary...

Guest Informant 07.24.2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBebs
crystal palace are an incredible championship side in south london (some say the Pride of South London)

MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLWAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL......