Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   how often do you clean yr house? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38200)

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 10:34 AM

how often do you clean yr house?

I am taking the day off to clean the house. typically, I clean on sundays (wife works) and wednesdays are reserved for emergency laundry loads (such as "I forgot that I needed to wear pants tomorrow").

tonight, my friend is coming into town and bringing his new girlfriend. although I would never take a day off to clean for him, I have no idea what to expect of her.

so, to minimize risk of her annoying me, I am giving the place "the works".

the cat is "confused but happy to see me home". at least, he is until the vacuum starts.

poll to follow.

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.19.2010 10:47 AM

i'm not allowed anywhere near cleaning products

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.19.2010 10:48 AM

in case i "harm myself"

Crumb's Crunchy Delights 02.19.2010 10:50 AM

taken the day off to clean (post stuff) the house (on here and your pretend goblin fighty sites)?

have fun

Fred Cracklin 02.19.2010 10:52 AM

http://www.activeion.com/default.aspx

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 11:06 AM

that's extremely expensive, but so very sexy.

Billy Nye is just the guy to overcome my natural skepticism.

do you own one?

Fred Cracklin 02.19.2010 11:08 AM

Not yet, so just spreadin' the good word.

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crumb's Crunchy Delights
taken the day off to clean (post stuff) the house (on here and your pretend goblin fighty sites)?

thankI carry the board in my pocket, but no, I haven't been on my pretend goblin fighty site in over a week.you.

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Cracklin
Not yet, so just spreadin' the good word.

I may buy the basic model. I'm crazy about chemicals and even use chrysanthemum-based bug sprays. the less chemicals I can spray around the house, the better.

that device is pure genius.

stu666 02.19.2010 11:31 AM

i'm a bit diRty

SuperCreep 02.19.2010 11:36 AM

"all the fucking time."

my brother is a huge fucking mess. i'm constantly picking up after him.

i was a lot better off by myself last year in that regard. i used to only clean probably once a week.

alteredcourse 02.19.2010 01:02 PM

I'd love to be constantly maintaining,
but my man and I are somewhat packratty, and keep things arranged in such spontaneous and odd ways that things actually look interesting around here, and I hate to fuck it all up.

It's taken a toll on my mind though, so I've been trying to organize just one small corner at a time.

Really though, I probably wont get through all this shit unless we decided to move.

Phlegmscope 02.19.2010 01:10 PM

I tidy it up once a week, so it doesn't get evolved into a lair of terror, but I should get rid of lots of shit and mop the fucking floor.

dale_gribble 02.19.2010 01:47 PM

i like cleaning other peoples houses, but not my own so much.

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 01:48 PM

my desk at work is a horrible mess. the house, at the dirtiest, is cleaner that most people's at their best.

anyways, mein auto ist kaput and the rescue operation put a snag in the day.

this girl is getting "looks real good" instead of "wow. how do you make that sparkle??"

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 01:52 PM

that makes it seem as if I haven't done anything. that's not true. I've done two loads of laundry (including sheets), dishes, swept kitchen and hardwoods as well as eradicated a minor plague of insects. all I can say is, at least it ain't grasshoppers or spiders (this time).

alteredcourse 02.19.2010 01:54 PM

Grasshopper infestation? Wow, that sounds fun.

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 01:57 PM

well, as you can imagine, they are jumpy and spread out in a circle rather quickly. spiders will lurk, but not grasshoppers. spraying them wouldn't help and they don't sweep up well. you gotta catch 'em all.

this was just an explosion of large aphids. I brought in some plants when it iced and have left them in the laundry room. the bugs most have exploded out of their sticky pods within the last few hours. it wasn't anything that a broom, vacuum and windex couldn't fix. there were easily 1000's of them though.

I've been plagued by grasshoppers twice, spiders once and now these little bastards.

Pookie 02.19.2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
the house, at the dirtiest, is cleaner that most people's at their best.

My house at its cleanest is dirtier than most people's at their worst.

We have a very small house which you would think means less cleaning and so a cleaner house. But all it means is that the mess is concentrated into a smaller area.

SYRFox 02.19.2010 03:50 PM

I clean my room when it begins looking like this