Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Placebo (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=750)

PunkerViolence 04.09.2006 02:57 PM

Placebo

Anybody like these guys?? I must admit their recent material isnt what it used to be, songs like nancy boy, bruise pristine, you dont care about us, commercial for levi, days before you came - all mindblowing.....so any fans??

Fox 04.09.2006 02:58 PM

I'm not fan, but I like some songs... I loved their last single but with the radio playing it all day now I hate it :(

truncated 04.09.2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox
I'm not fan, but I like some songs... I loved their last single but with the radio playing it all day now I hate it :(

I find Placebo to be boring and, on occasion, irritating. Something about that dude's voice just gets under my skin.

PunkerViolence 04.09.2006 03:22 PM

Yeah i used to think that, but now ive just accepted it. The album Black market music holds a lot of nostalgia for me, so its a significant album in my record collection

Soundtrax 04.09.2006 04:06 PM

yeah, i like placebo. i might see them soon with depeche more, but i guess the tickets will be too expansive for me, cuz i dont really want to see depeche mode, but they have a concert together here... and i dont even like the last album very much except for 2 or 3 songs that are very good... meds is so badly produced :S but still, they are one of the best mtv bands besides radiohead and bjork and maybe someone else i forgot now

finding nobody 04.09.2006 05:13 PM

something borrowed, something blue every me and every you
i love that song!

Torn Curtain 04.09.2006 05:21 PM

I'm not a fan but I like the first three records (even if they clearly rip off The Cure, Sonic Youth, The Wedding Present and other bands). Sleeping with ghosts is average, and Meds is crap.

strictlycommercial 04.09.2006 05:27 PM

Knew too many people who liked them. Loathed the voice, though some of the songs were ok. To be honest I've always found them fucking painful.

screamingskull 04.09.2006 05:45 PM

strange that this thread is here, i just this second got back from seeing placebo, they were okay i didnt like the setlist very much but it was nice to see them again. i saw them back in 2001 and they were alot better then.

Trasher02 04.10.2006 03:44 AM

i like em a lot but the last album sucks
Bionic and Teenage Angst are great songs

nicfit 04.10.2006 06:23 AM

i love their first and second album,then they started boring me quite a bit...still,those 2 albums are "solid" and well written/played.i think that now they keep on repeating the good things they wrote,only not as good.

Glice 04.10.2006 08:10 AM

I loved their first album, and have pretty much every release from that era (including early demos... I could get a bomb for that on ebay...) but then the second album just irritated the hell out of me, and I was into SY by then so there didn't seem much point. They come out with a couple of excellent tunes an album, but I haven't heard a whole album that I liked since the first one.

jon boy 04.10.2006 08:15 AM

i find placebo to be pompous, arrogant, pretentios fools. i find placebo fans to be pompous, arrogant, pretentious fools.

there is really nothing to explain about this band, they have done nothing of worth ever. i dont even know why i am bothering to explain this.

Inhuman 04.10.2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
I'm not a fan but I like the first three records (even if they clearly rip off The Cure, Sonic Youth, The Wedding Present and other bands). Sleeping with ghosts is average, and Meds is crap.

I used to be a big fan of them. I'd be interested in the song or album ripping off Sonic Youth to annoy my girlfriend (who is obsessed wish placebo) about it.

Grete 04.10.2006 09:57 AM

uhm I don't like them...they 're too commercial...pompous...

greenlight 04.10.2006 10:01 AM

some catching riffs on first two albums.
he's gey isn't he? not that i would mind, but it's not only image, isn't it?

samuel 04.10.2006 10:42 AM

I like them.
"Without You I'm Nothing" is one of my favorite albums.
I'm not the biggest fan of "Meds" though.
Ehh

Toxa 04.10.2006 10:47 AM

I like their first and second record.

Everyneurotic 04.10.2006 11:30 AM

i met the singer dude once.

he was cool enough to sign me something for a friend but he clearly thinks he's lindsay lohan or something like that

atsonicpark 04.13.2006 11:35 AM

I like a few songs, and the new album is completely worthless.