Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Celebrity fans of Sonic Youth (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3499)

LittlePuppetBoy 06.27.2006 07:09 PM

Celebrity fans of Sonic Youth

Basically, just give names of famous people who are fans of sy. I have learned that David Arquette is a fan.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 06.27.2006 07:14 PM

hahahah
what?

LittlePuppetBoy 06.27.2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
this is gonna be a llist of idiots...arguette haha er i'll add the smashing pump fuck head and bono boo hiisss them all iifvibvn thats i'm boreedraedrferid5vNHEUDVST5DOF84VCNHBZADFLVEB8HUZD FSE4VHUBIZWVBEDNCIW VJL

dude, you have got to stop posting while drunk. It makes you look bad.

whorefrost 06.27.2006 07:24 PM

chloe sevigny has a confusion is sex t-shirt that she bought in a new york thrift store. she used to fantasise that it belonged to thurston moore, apparently.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 06.27.2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
chloe sevigny has a confusion is sex t-shirt that she bought in a new york thrift store. she used to fantasise that it belonged to thurston moore, apparently.

who told ya that?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.27.2006 07:30 PM

LOL.

On the John Stewart show, Liv Tyler said she they were her favorite band.

whorefrost 06.27.2006 07:30 PM

she told me

pokkeherrie 06.27.2006 07:32 PM

maybe not really a "fan", but i remember a radio show/interview with football (soccer) player frank rijkaard on dutch vpro radio in the early 90's where he mentioned a bunch of bands he liked and sonic youth were among them. i was kind of surprised considering the notoriously bad taste football players are known for. i also once spoke somebody who claimed having seen him at a sy gig once, but i don't think i believe that.

anyway, he's probably not a celebrity in the usa but he was quite famous in large parts of the world. a legend as a player during his time for ac milan and recently he won his first champions league title as manager of fc barcelona.

Pablitzen 06.27.2006 08:04 PM

somebody posted a pic of Fred Durst with a SY t-shirt...
fan or posser?

when 06.27.2006 08:12 PM

listen to limp bizkit and let it anwser your question

schizophrenicroom 06.27.2006 08:22 PM

cate blanchett said somewhere that she really likes them.

acousticrock87 06.27.2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by when
listen to limp bizkit and let it anwser your question

I actually don't mind Limp Bizkit in moderation - They are catchy, and the drummer has jazz training. But I absolutely hate Fred Durst. That Who cover was the worst idea on the planet. I cringe when I hear it.

flophousefloozie 06.27.2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablitzen
somebody posted a pic of Fred Durst with a SY t-shirt...
fan or posser?

yeah, fred durst also has a tatoo of kurt cobain.
that MUST mean he makes good music and is really smart.........

kingcoffee 06.27.2006 10:26 PM

Fred Durst is a fucking moron. Limp Biscuit had a couple of good tunes but Durst screwed them all up with his jackassery. They shouild have just fired his ass and replaced him with someone better.

kingcoffee 06.27.2006 10:28 PM

It seems like Cate Blanchett and Chloe Sevigny are the only ones here with any real talent. To a lesser extent Liv Tyler. She's done some ok work. I don't know who Frank Rikaard is, but if he's a famous soccer player, he's probably pretty good. But then again, I couldn't give two shits and a fart about soccer or it's players.

kingcoffee 06.27.2006 10:28 PM

Oh yeah, I almost fogot, fuck David Arquette! He's one of the worst actors in history. He's only famous because of the family name. None of whom are really very talented either.

flophousefloozie 06.27.2006 11:49 PM

yeah liv tyler shows a greater taste in music than old pappy, tho

TheMadcapLaughs 06.27.2006 11:56 PM

I heard Rosanna Arquette say somethign along the lines of Daydream Nation being her favorite album ever. Also pro skateboarder Ed Templeton is a big fan.

luxinterior 06.28.2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadcapLaughs
I heard Rosanna Arquette say somethign along the lines of Daydream Nation being her favorite album ever.

I heard her mention it on television. It was one of those VH1 "I Love the 80s" segments. 1988, naturally. She and Donal Logue both seemed to be fans. Michael Ian Black said it made him want to take Tylenol. He is so much fun.

krastian 06.28.2006 01:10 AM

Hank Aaron