Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Count Mecha 01.31.2010 07:29 PM

Well, having played only the first three Solid games, I think MGS is still my preferred. The Cobras in 3 were kind of lame (cept for The Boss and The End), and 2 had well, Raiden (but 2 has my favorite ending across all three of them). Volgin is the worst villain across those three, but whatever 3 was still good I think.

The games seem to get progressively sillier though as they go on. There were a couple of weird moments in MGS but nothing big, 2 got a little weirder with the strange slightly homo innuendos with Raiden and that stuff towards the end with the virus and jazz. 3 just takes it to a new level though with that shit Ocelot does with juggling the revolvers and shooting one at a time. But whatever, I just go along with it, it ends up being really good somehow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

Shiiiiiit. I didn't even know this existed. That's insane.

atsonicpark 01.31.2010 07:30 PM

3 is by far my fav. 2 is one of my least favorite games ever. Raiden is lame, the game is just weird (in a bad way) and boring. Pathetic, even. Those games are... hm. I like Kijima though.

I've been playing Dragon Quest VII again.

noisereductions 02.01.2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha

Shiiiiiit. I didn't even know this existed. That's insane.

really? Yeah. Great game. It came out very early in the GB lifespan. There was also a GB port of The Alien Wars.

_slavo_ 02.01.2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
haha...he has the drunken style right?

yes

DanielCarlson 02.01.2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
2 is one of my least favorite games ever.

what

EVOLghost 02.01.2010 04:11 PM

I don't think it's a bad game but MGS2 is my least favorite of the series.

GeneticKiss 02.01.2010 05:12 PM

I just finished Killer7 on GameCube...all I can say is..whoa.

I got a used platinum GameCube last year and have been playing catch up with the last 10 years of gaming. Before I got into music, I was a huge gamer. It started with Atari 7800, then I got a Sega Genesis, and a Nintendo 64. Then I realized I'd wanted to play guitar in a band since I was little and pretty much swore off gaming (well, my sister gave me her old PlayStation when she got a PS2 and I'd mess around with that from time to time). However, early last year I discovered nintendo8.com and subsequently James Rolfe's web show The Angry Video Game Nerd, and my interest in gaming was rekindled.

Actually, I was considering getting a GameCube when Resident Evil 4 came out as an exclusive because I loved RE 1 and 2, but never got around to it. I now have the following games (most of which have huge USED/PRE-OWNED stickers on them):

-Metroid Prime
-Burnout 2: Point of Impact
-Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
-Resident Evil 4
-Gun
-Midway Arcade Treasures 2
-Killer7

I have been kicking myself for not going with the RE4 plan.

noisereductions 02.01.2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I just finished Killer7 on GameCube...all I can say is..whoa.

I got a used platinum GameCube last year and have been playing catch up with the last 10 years of gaming. Before I got into music, I was a huge gamer. It started with Atari 7800, then I got a Sega Genesis, and a Nintendo 64. Then I realized I'd wanted to play guitar in a band since I was little and pretty much swore off gaming (well, my sister gave me her old PlayStation when she got a PS2 and I'd mess around with that from time to time). However, early last year I discovered nintendo8.com and subsequently James Rolfe's web show The Angry Video Game Nerd, and my interest in gaming was rekindled.

Actually, I was considering getting a GameCube when Resident Evil 4 came out as an exclusive because I loved RE 1 and 2, but never got around to it. I now have the following games (most of which have huge USED/PRE-OWNED stickers on them):

-Metroid Prime
-Burnout 2: Point of Impact
-Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
-Resident Evil 4
-Gun
-Midway Arcade Treasures 2
-Killer7

I have been kicking myself for not going with the RE4 plan.

1. Gamecube + Game Boy Player = best console of all time.
2. you should hang out at racketboy.com

EVOLghost 02.02.2010 12:17 AM

I'm still playing FF: TActics. I just got Cloud and some of ther other unique characters....but WTF. Why does Cloud have to start on level 1? I spent 45 minutes in one battle leveling him. and only 13 levels! (40 levels to go!)

DanielCarlson 02.02.2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

I'm still playing FF: TActics. I just got Cloud and some of ther other unique characters....but WTF. Why does Cloud have to start on level 1? I spent 45 minutes in one battle leveling him. and only 13 levels! (40 levels to go!)

That's a great game, but yeah, all the leveling you had to do got kinda boring. But other than that I love it.

EVOLghost 02.02.2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCarlson
That's a great game, but yeah, all the leveling you had to do got kinda boring. But other than that I love it.

Yah I can't wait to beat it...I'm just about done with the Ablities for most charcters. I'm not mastering ALL classes but I'm just getting the abilities I want for some characters. So...yeah. I got abuot 3 or 4 characters left to collect massive amounts of JP....but yeh.

QUESTION! Does the higher job class matter?

DanielCarlson 02.02.2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

QUESTION! Does the higher job class matter?

You need a higher job class in order to unlock new jobs, like if you want to unlock the samurai you need a certain level in certain jobs. That's it, as far as I remember.

EVOLghost 02.02.2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCarlson
You need a higher job class in order to unlock new jobs, like if you want to unlock the samurai you need a certain level in certain jobs. That's it, as far as I remember.

Right...and I got most of the job classes(minus Bard and Dancer) But what I wanted to know was about the abilities of that certain class. Like lets say a wizard's fire spell would be much stronger if he was a level 8 instead of a level 6.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.02.2010 02:10 PM

OMGZ GUIZ MY GAMECUBE'S AC ADAPTER IS MISSING!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
-Resident Evil 4
-Killer7

2/4 games that I would kill to have back in my GC collection. These, SSBM, and Double Dash. I let them go embarassingly cheap at a garage sale, when i too had pretty much sworn off gaming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
racketboy.com

I plan on signing up there soon enough. I've already uploaded my entire collection onto RF Generation. I love how intricate their database is. :)

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=nintendork666&folder=Collection

DanielCarlson 02.02.2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Right...and I got most of the job classes(minus Bard and Dancer) But what I wanted to know was about the abilities of that certain class. Like lets say a wizard's fire spell would be much stronger if he was a level 8 instead of a level 6.

Sorry, I don't remember if that's the case. :(

noisereductions 02.02.2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

I plan on signing up there soon enough. I've already uploaded my entire collection onto RF Generation. I love how intricate their database is. :)

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=nintendork666&folder=Collection

RFG rules!!

DanielCarlson 02.03.2010 11:50 AM

I think I should start with Killer7 again, such a great game!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.06.2010 05:24 PM

Mario Kart perfected. Leagues above all other titles in the series (which is saying a lot).

I'm really enjoying kicking famous rappers' asses with my digital-gangsta version of myself. Plus, having Henry Rollins as a personal trainer; and dating Carmen Electra ain't half-bad either.

NR, have you played this?

EVOLghost 02.06.2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Mario Kart perfected. Leagues above all other titles in the series (which is saying a lot).

bold statement. I know many people who would probably laugh at this.

I however am not a Mario kart fanatic. The couple times I played this game i enjoyed it

ni'k 02.06.2010 07:22 PM

anyone here playing left4dead2?