Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café V (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112934)

louder 05.22.2016 01:36 AM

Tribe is the 90's act I listen to the most. Used to be Wu-Tang.

Severian 05.22.2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
Tribe is the 90's act I listen to the most. Used to be Wu-Tang.

Used to be Wu-Tang for me too. Hell, Wu used to be my most listened to hip-hop act period. Not anymore. Probably tribe for me as well at this point.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.22.2016 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Pusha's entire verse is rap. Everything is rap but Future's hook. Thought you'd appreciate it because, relatively speaking, Pusha T is pretty "gangsta" by current standards. There's Pusha, there's Freddie Gibbs, there's Vince Staples (kinda), and the rest is barely related to gangsta rap.

I just think the beat is hard as fuck, the sample is insane, and the gunshots give it some umph.

Were we listening to same track?? I waited thewhole time and all i heard was that hook on endless loop

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.22.2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

My favorite decade of rap used to be 1993-2003, but I realized later that most of that shit was shit except for tried and true faves like Tribe, Wu, Jay, Madlib and so on.

Now my favorite "decade" of rap is the 12 years Kanye's been rapping. Hah.

Maybe the decade was fine and you were just listening to shit selections from it?

Severian 05.22.2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Were we listening to same track?? I waited thewhole time and all i heard was that hook on endless loop

Then no, apparently you were listening to something else. Which is weird, cause I gave you a link. ;)

I think you just don't like the song, and that makes you want to say it's "not rap" ... And can I recommend another track? Yes. "Numbers on the Boards" was one of the best singles of that year.

Or you could check out "Untouchable" from Darkest Before Dawn.

Severian 05.22.2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Maybe the decade was fine and you were just listening to shit selections from it?

No, that's not what I meant...

I still love all that awesome music I was listening to in 1993/2003 (Tribe, Wu, OutKast, Big, 2Pac, GangStarr, Nas, Jay, Mob Deep, Kool Keith, Del, El-p, Mos Def, Talib (AND Mos Def and Talib as Blackstar), Roots, Lootpack, Madlib and so on...

Love it.

But I can't say that's the best decade of hip hop, because Eminem is smack dab in the middle, and fucked things up for everyone. If I told people that was my favorite decade of rap, they'd assume I liked Eminem, and they'd assume I didn't like Kanye, which is totally backasswards.

It's easier just to say the Kanye's era was/is my favorite "era" of hip hop, and that the Eminem "era" was the worst... and to elaborate on what I like from other eras as an afterthought.

Severian 05.22.2016 06:53 PM

I actually thought you'd like Pusha, SFAD. Don't you like Clipse? Who the fuck doesn't like Clipse? Whatever. It's totally rap, and it's dope as hell.

You should listen to Freddie Gibbs and Vince Staples if you're really all about the gangsta shit. Vince doesn't really embody that style, but he comes from that background. Also YG.

noisereductions 05.22.2016 07:49 PM

YG for real.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.22.2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Then no, apparently you were listening to something else. Which is weird, cause I gave you a link. ;)

I think you just don't like the song, and that makes you want to say it's "not rap" ... And can I recommend another track? Yes. "Numbers on the Boards" was one of the best singles of that year.

Or you could check out "Untouchable" from Darkest Before Dawn.

No you're overthinking it. I clicked the link. Listened for 2 minutes only heard hook. Skipped forward still only heard hook. Nothing against pusha t or the track. I simply never heard any rapping. So i must havemissed it which surprises me because i listened to most of it.

noisereductions 05.22.2016 09:26 PM

Suchfriends, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgPLIIX23xg

Severian 05.22.2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

No you're overthinking it. I clicked the link. Listened for 2 minutes only heard hook. Skipped forward still only heard hook. Nothing against pusha t or the track. I simply never heard any rapping. So i must havemissed it which surprises me because i listened to most of it.

So you didn't listen to the song. That's the problem right there. Not saying you should love it, but you should probably listen to it.

Skuj 05.23.2016 01:15 AM

So, where is TLOP at these days?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.23.2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

So you didn't listen to the song. That's the problem right there. Not saying you should love it, but you should probably listen to it.

Wtf are you talking about? I listened to it for over two minutes, then listened to last two minutes! If there was only 30 seconds of rap there my bad for not noticing. The song was a hook, possibly augmented with brief rap which yes i seemed to have missed in my lack of patience for not waiting more than two minutes to hear rap in a rap song

louder 05.23.2016 08:57 AM

Speaking of YG, Still Krazy drops June 17. FINALLY!

Severian 05.23.2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Wtf are you talking about? I listened to it for over two minutes, then listened to last two minutes! If there was only 30 seconds of rap there my bad for not noticing. The song was a hook, possibly augmented with brief rap which yes i seemed to have missed in my lack of patience for not waiting more than two minutes to hear rap in a rap song

Uh, no. Rapping starts 43 seconds in. It's a 4:21 song, and Pusha kicks in with "eighteen wheeler gorillas..." at 0:43. If you listened to 2:30 and didn't hear any rap, you were listening to the wrong song.

I appear to have caught you in a gross and slightly hilarious exaggeration.

I won't bust your balls for not liking the song, bro. I won't bust them for not listening to it either. But if you talk shit about the song after very obviously not even listening to ¼ of it, I will make fun of you.

I will bust your balls into a pulpy mess for that kind of egregious bullshit. ;)

Here, try again if you want to.
If not, no biggie. Pusha T - "PAIN" (YouTube)

Severian 05.23.2016 10:12 AM

And here, just in case you like it when you actually listen to it (or if you don't like it, but are still interested in hearing my recommendation) check these:

Pusha T - "Numbers on the Board" (YouTube)

Pusha T - "Lunch Money," 2014 (YouTube)

Pusha T - "Untouchable, official audio, 2015 (YouTube)

Severian 05.23.2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louder
Speaking of YG, Still Krazy drops June 17. FINALLY!

Hey, cool! That's good ass news.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.23.2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Uh, no. Rapping starts 43 seconds in. It's a 4:21 song, and Pusha kicks in with "eighteen wheeler gorillas..." at 0:43. If you listened to 2:30 and didn't hear any rap, you were listening to the wrong song.

I appear to have caught you in a gross and slightly hilarious exaggeration.

I won't bust your balls for not liking the song, bro. I won't bust them for not listening to it either. But if you talk shit about the song after very obviously not even listening to ¼ of it, I will make fun of you.

I will bust your balls into a pulpy mess for that kind of egregious bullshit. ;)

Here, try again if you want to.
If not, no biggie. Pusha T - "PAIN" (YouTube)

Nah playboy i ain't no liar neither exaggerating
Maybe you posted wrong link? Who knows. It not a big deal. I just googled it and the link i watched had significantly more rapping than i heard the first time.

Remember. Its like i told your ass about Kanye. I don't ever diss an artist without actually listening. If i don't listen i don't outright diss
Also i don't feel like i was dissing Pusha on this i legit didn't hear any raps! Now i did. Its better song than i initially heard

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.23.2016 11:26 AM

Do you feel better or nah?

louder 05.23.2016 11:40 AM

Haha

noisereductions 05.23.2016 12:31 PM

NR's Spotify Survivor:

A$AP Ferg - Always Strive & Prosper
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Future - Evol
Heliocentrics - From The Deep
Deftones - Gore
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker (Deluxe)
Anderson Paak - Malibu
Miles Davis - Miles Ahead sndtrk
Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid
Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo
Weezer - White Album

Severian 05.23.2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Nah playboy i ain't no liar neither exaggerating
Maybe you posted wrong link? Who knows. It not a big deal. I just googled it and the link i watched had significantly more rapping than i heard the first time.

Remember. Its like i told your ass about Kanye. I don't ever diss an artist without actually listening. If i don't listen i don't outright diss
Also i don't feel like i was dissing Pusha on this i legit didn't hear any raps! Now i did. Its better song than i initially heard

Well the link I posted is for the song I was posting about, and there's no way you listened to 2½ minutes of it without hearing rap.

My link is fine. The song's there. No idea how you listened to PAIN for 2 min without hearing rap. The simplest explanation is that you didn't actually listen for two minutes, and were exaggerating in your initial reply. No other explanation works or adds up in any way. :D

Severian 05.23.2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Do you feel better or nah?

I feel fine, but I was actually feeling awesome when I last posted, and said that shit about busting your balls into a pulpy mess after catching you in a gross exaggeration! I seriously was having a blast! It's rare that someone gives me an opportunity to be so unambiguously right about something, but you did.

Don't take it personally. I was just chop-bustin. But don't pretend my link took you to some other song, bro.

Or if it did, please tell me what the hook of that song was... You know, the one that went on for 2½ minutes minimum? I'm curious now...
Assuming I did majorly fuck up and post the wrong link twice (I tested the links btw), I'm dying to know what song I accidentally linked you too.

That's not asking too much, is it? ;) show me the song with the 2.5 minute hook, and I'll publicly sing your praises.

I'll do you one better if you can explain to me how you weren't tipped off by the fact that the video you were watching was not labeled "Pain" by "Pusha T" in YouTube. If you can explain that and show me the song with the eternal hook, I'll buy you an ounce of whatever passes for kush in LA.

:)

I love you man. We have fun. We're like George and Jerry.

Severian 05.23.2016 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
So, where is TLOP at these days?

Sitting on top of my favorite albums of the year list after breaking streaming sales records and landing at #1 on the Billboard charts two months after its actual "release."

It's also on my iPod and iPhone and in heavy circulation, interrupted only by major releases like Lemonade, Coloring Book, 99% and Pantha Du Prince's the Triad.

Where else is it... let's see.. embedded in the cultural zeitgeist... on every major music news publication's best albums lists, and well on its way to being a classic.

That's where motherfuckin' #TLOP motherfuckin' is.

Severian 05.23.2016 10:11 PM

Unreleased early Kanye beats from 1997 on SoundCloud.

Kind of exciting.

Unreleased Kanye demo tape "C. Sept '97"

Skuj 05.23.2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Sitting on top of my favorite albums of the year list after breaking streaming sales records and landing at #1 on the Billboard charts two months after its actual "release."

It's also on my iPod and iPhone and in heavy circulation, interrupted only by major releases like Lemonade, Coloring Book, 99% and Pantha Du Prince's the Triad.

Where else is it... let's see.. embedded in the cultural zeitgeist... on every major music news publication's best albums lists, and well on its way to being a classic.

That's where motherfuckin' #TLOP motherfuckin' is.

Can't wait to hear it after he is done fucking with it!!

I had this weird dream last night: Van Morrison declared that Astral Weeks is a living / breathing album. The 1968 release was just version 1. Kids started diggin' the 2016 updates.

Severian 05.23.2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Can't wait to hear it after he is done fucking with it!!

I had this weird dream last night: Van Morrison declared that Astral Weeks is a living / breathing album. The 1968 release was just version 1. Kids started diggin' the 2016 updates.

Dude, he IS done fucking with it. It's available to buy. It's on his website, it's on Spotify, it's on Google Play, Tidal and Apple Music (though not on iTunes for some reason).

The fucking with TLOP is over. Has been since early April. Go fucking buy it (or do whatever) and listen to the goddamn thing! Why you holdin' back?

(Also, listen to the new Chance the Rapper. It ties in very nicely with TLOP, and it's easily the second best hip-hop release of the year. As I said some pages ago, Chance's Coloring Book is to The Life of Pablo what Pusha T's My Name is My Name was to Yeezus. A similar vibe unites them, and it's definitely intentional.)

Severian 05.23.2016 10:58 PM

Louder, did you hear that new track from Chance and Joey Purp? I forget what it's called, but it's very bouncy and clever, with a bit of an "old school" feel...

Like, a really fucking old school feel. Pitchfork says "Neptunes," and there's some of that, but I hear some Paul's Boutique in there too. It's catchy as hell, even though it's the most shallow thing Chance had released. I like it though.

Skuj 05.23.2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Dude, he IS done fucking with it. It's available to buy. It's on his website, it's on Spotify, it's on Google Play, Tidal and Apple Music (though not on iTunes for some reason).

The fucking with TLOP is over. Has been since early April. Go fucking buy it (or do whatever) and listen to the goddamn thing! Why you holdin' back?

Wait....how do you know this? How did I miss this? I only want to buy this thing when he is done. So, he said he is done?

Severian 05.24.2016 12:59 AM

Quote:

Wait....how do you know this? How did I miss this? I only want to buy this thing when he is done. So, he said he is done?

Did he say "I'm done with the album"?? No. Well, yes. Many times prior to the initial release on Tidal. But no he didn't say he was "done." He just stopped changing it.

There hasn't been a change since the album went public. I bought it on his website. I received three different links over the first couple weeks, but the only thing that was different was the way the tracks were labeled. Like, first time around every track had the word "explicit" IN THE TITLE. Which was weird. I got another one later with a that fixed.

I know this because I make it my business to know, and because I bought the album, and I check the news feeds (other than Twitter) daily. There hasn't been a change since late March/early April, when he added Frank's track.

I don't know how you missed it. Good news is you can go to any music streaming site in the world and listen to the album right now.

Or you can be like me and the five other folks who decided to pay $20 to own the thing.

World's your oyster, man. You've waited so long that you missed out on the actual release. Me, I'm glad I started listening on Feb. 11. I got to watch (hear) the album grow, bit by bit.

So go! Run! Run like the wind! You're super late to the fucking party homeboy.

Severian 05.24.2016 01:04 AM

The way I see it, if Rolling Stone and Pitchfork and every other goddamn media site has posted an official review of it, then the album's "done" enough for the world. If they post glowing reviews, which they did, the album's probably good enough to hear, even if it's not done.

I really don't get how some of you folks could hear nothing but good things about this album and still feel like there was some point in eating just in case. NR's thing I kinda get, but I'm not sure what your deal is man.

Skuj 05.24.2016 01:37 AM

Quote:

Did he say "I'm done with the album"?? No. Well, yes. Many times prior to the initial release on Tidal. But no he didn't say he was "done." He just stopped changing it.

There hasn't been a change since the album went public. I bought it on his website. I received three different links over the first couple weeks, but the only thing that was different was the way the tracks were labeled. Like, first time around every track had the word "explicit" IN THE TITLE. Which was weird. I got another one later with a that fixed.

I know this because I make it my business to know, and because I bought the album, and I check the news feeds (other than Twitter) daily. There hasn't been a change since late March/early April, when he added Frank's track.

I don't know how you missed it. Good news is you can go to any music streaming site in the world and listen to the album right now.

Or you can be like me and the five other folks who decided to pay $20 to own the thing.

World's your oyster, man. You've waited so long that you missed out on the actual release. Me, I'm glad I started listening on Feb. 11. I got to watch (hear) the album grow, bit by bit.

So go! Run! Run like the wind! You're super late to the fucking party homeboy.

I don't fuckin care if I'm late. I hear this only when I know it is done. That's how my brain is wired. And from what you have posted maybe it isn't done yet. I like "completed" works of art. I want/need the artist to state when it is done/ready. If the future of art is "living/breathing" (incomplete/changing) then I'm out, Man.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.24.2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Well the link I posted is for the song I was posting about, and there's no way you listened to 2½ minutes of it without hearing rap.

My link is fine. The song's there. No idea how you listened to PAIN for 2 min without hearing rap. The simplest explanation is that you didn't actually listen for two minutes, and were exaggerating in your initial reply. No other explanation works or adds up in any way. :D

Whatever makes you feel right in the world broham. Sorry i didn't like your track.

Severian 05.24.2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

I don't fuckin care if I'm late. I hear this only when I know it is done. That's how my brain is wired. And from what you have posted maybe it isn't done yet. I like "completed" works of art. I want/need the artist to state when it is done/ready. If the future of art is "living/breathing" (incomplete/changing) then I'm out, Man.

If you're going to refuse to listen to the album despite global release because you're waiting for Kanye to utter one sentence that he wouldn't even ordinarily utter (after all, did he tell us "Yeezus" was "done" even after making that tweak to the streaming versions last month? No. Are you still waiting to hear Yeezus? According to your own wiring, you should be) then you're simply going to miss out on hearing the album.

Since when is a worldwide, definitive release not enough of a sign that — for all intents and purposes — an album is complete?

The album is "done" enough for the world at large. It's "done" enough to be for sale and streaming, to have its downloads and streams counted by the Nielsen, the RIAA, Soundscan and Billboard. It's done enough for Rolling Stone.

Fuck, it's done enough for noisereductions, who's more invested in 'Ye than most people, and who held out until the very last fucking moment.

Seriously, even during the period where 'Ye was making changes, the album only underwent ONE truly significant shift, and that was the adding of the post-Madison Square Garden songs, from 30 Hours and Fade to, finally, Frank's Track and the reconciliation of the original version of Wolves.

It's as done as it's likely to get. Even if he were to make drastic changes to the album now, which he's shown no sign of doing, and has announced no intention of doing, whatever came out of that would effectively be a different album.

The Life of Pablo begins with "Ultralight Beam," ends with "Fade," and contains 19 tracks of absolute awesomeness. Nothing has changed since the album went up for sale & stream.

Do yourself a favor and listen to it, because you're irrational decision not to do so is hinging on "what ifs" that could theorheically be applied to any album at any time. Even if he says the magic, unnecessary words, "TLOP is done," there's still no guarantee he won't change some bass level here or there.

He's moved on man. Hell, if his talk back in February was accurate, he's less than a month away from releasing another album. Don't be such a stick in the mud. I'm as old fashioned about albums-as-albums as anyone here, but I'm not going to not listen to something on the off chance that it might inexplicably change after being officially released as a finished product.

Severian 05.24.2016 08:36 AM

Also, there quote from both Kanye and Kim K. that provide anecdotal evidence that the album is as "finished" as it's going to get...

1) when Kanye was originally explaining the delayed release and extended monkeying around with the album, he said, "it's not finished... I have to fix Wolves."

Logical conclusion: "Wolves" has been fixed, and the album has been released, therefore, it is "finished."

2) Kim was asked why TLOP wasn't for sale yet back in Feb. (I forget by whom), and Kim said, "because he's not done yet."

Syllogistic reasoning:
If TLOP is not for sale, TLOP is "not done"
TLOP is for sale
Therefore, TLOP is "done"

Not to mention the fact that if you buy the album, you buy the current version as well as any versions that follow. So listening to the album in its early incarnations is actually WHAT KANYE WANTS YOU TO DO. That's his vision for the album. That's what he wants listeners to experience.

Now, there is no evidence whatsoever to lead anyone to believe that further changes are being planned... But assuming changes WERE still coming, buying the album would allow you to hear the album as the world has heard, identified, reacted to and accepted it, and it would ALSO guarantee you access to any heretofore unannounced and unexpected changes that may be implemented in the future.

I respect the fundamentals of your stance here, but you don't seem to be up to speed on what's going on, and I think you're just harming yourself (assuming you actually want to hear the album) by not listening to it just because a CRAZY man has not stated in so many words that it is "finished." There's just no point.

You're obviously interested in hearing the artist's complete vision. But as hard as it is to get your head around, Kanye's vision for this album has been for it to grow and change publicly, and it's already done that, and subsequently stopped doing that.

In a sense, by NOT listening to the album, you are doing the very thing you wish to avoid... you are missing out on, and being distracted from, the purpose and vision of and for the album.

I believe (and folks at DefJam and GOOD have made similar statements to this effect) that any additional changes to the album will come in the form of bonus tracks added on to a possible, eventual physical release. But since there's been ZERO mention of that for months now, and no changes for months now, it's just really silly argue that the album isn't done just because someone who says whatever comes out of their mouth hasn't officially said "it's done."

He DID say he'd make changes, and that the album was a "living, breathing" thing, but at this point, the album has gone through countless changes (all between early Feb. and early April) and the album has "lived and breathed," and a final master has been sent out to streaming services and put up for sale on the official website. Kanye's reportedly working on his next project, so the grand experiment appears to be over, and holding out doesn't make any earthly sense whatsoever.

Severian 05.24.2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Whatever makes you feel right in the world broham. Sorry i didn't like your track.

So, you didn't like it? 'Cause last I heard you liked it more now that you'd heard the "real" one. ;)

Are you going to humor me by telling me what the hook was that lasted 2½ minute hook was? Refusal to do so translates directly to an admission of your previous exaggeration on your part. :)

I mean, yes I'm busting your balls, but on the off chance that my link really did inexplicably send you to a song with a 2½ min hook and no rapping (presumably by another artist entirely) I'd like to formally and publicly confess to my own wrongness, and apologize for my over the top ball-busting.

If that wasn't the case, I heartily believe you should admit to exaggerating. C'mon man, you fuck with me like a pimple that won't pop. You should be able to take a bit of medicine from me when you dig yourself into a hole like this. ;)

Severian 05.24.2016 09:00 AM

Sorry Skuj. I'm not trying to be a prick. I just want you to hear the damn album, man. I can be — and often am — and extremely childish person for being an old fart dad-rocker, and it will drive me crazy if you keep waiting, as silly as that is.

When NR insisted on waiting until the album was released on non-Tidal streaming services, I threw a six week internal temper tantrum that juts about gave me (more) ulcers. I wanted to jump through the Internet and hold his head against the speakers!!!

When he finally did listen, it was so awesome to talk to him about it. He was glad he'd waited, and I was glad he was glad. But now that I know you want to hear it and won't, despite it being readily available for free to anyone anywhere, I can feel my stomach lining start to prune up and crack like dried leather.

Point being: I'm only throwing a hissy fit because I like you, and I want to shoot the shit with you about this excellent album, which has been my #1 album of the year since the moment I heard that first 11 song live stream version on 2/11. Paying attention and keeping up has only made the experience better... for me anyway.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.24.2016 09:11 AM

Quote:

So, you didn't like it? 'Cause last I heard you liked it more now that you'd heard the "real" one. ;)

Are you going to humor me by telling me what the hook was that lasted 2½ minute hook was? Refusal to do so translates directly to an admission of your previous exaggeration on your part. :)

Nah i don't remember the hook because i didn't like it. I also didn't like the beat. Damn you i was trying to be diplomatic but you keep pushing the issue.

Quote:

If that wasn't the case, I heartily believe you should admit to exaggerating. C'mon man, you fuck with me like a pimple that won't pop. You should be able to take a bit of medicine from me when you dig yourself into a hole like this. ;)

I ain't mad at you its all good. If i am exaggerating i honestly didn't realize it. I legit sat down to listen to the song. I thought the beat was wack and i really didn't like the hook, especially that raunchy guitar. Maybe a minute felt like two, who knows? My point was i honestly and openly tried to listen to the song. I skipped forward and backward honestly looking for the rap and kept finding that annoying ass hook.

Are you happ now? See what you made me do? I didn't want to be rude and shit on your song bro but you had to keep Pusha the issue ;)

Severian 05.24.2016 09:33 AM

Wait... the raunchy guitar? I don't think there's a raunchy guitar in the hook for "PAIN" ... the most noticeable instrumental piece is a dope piano sample...
Hmm.. Maybe something was lost in translation. Maybe I did fuck up.

Either way, I'm glad you listened to the song eventually and gave it a chance. It was just an Shot in the dark that you'd like it anyway. It was produced by Kanye after all. I just thought Pusha's flow and style might appeal to you. But it's not like he's an unknown. Surely you've heard Clipse (his old group/duo), and their massive hit "Keys Open Doors" from the 00's.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.24.2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Wait... the raunchy guitar? I don't think there's a raunchy guitar in the hook for "PAIN" ... the most noticeable instrumental piece is a dope piano sample...
Hmm.. Maybe something was lost in translation. Maybe I did fuck up.

Either way, I'm glad you listened to the song eventually and gave it a chance. It was just an Shot in the dark that you'd like it anyway. It was produced by Kanye after all. I just thought Pusha's flow and style might appeal to you. But it's not like he's an unknown. Surely you've heard Clipse (his old group/duo), and their massive hit "Keys Open Doors" from the 00's.

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

There was definitely a raunchy guitar though it could have been synthed.. possibly a remix i mean literally that is what i felt it sounded like to me..

I wasn't trying to be a hater it just wasn't my cup of tea. I will check out the other links when i get a chance, like i said i don't dismiss art without giving it a fair shake