Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A question to thread starters. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=793)

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.10.2006 07:45 PM

A question to thread starters.

When you make a topic is it because you want to say something or because your interested in what people will say in reply. I'll admit I've posted some shit just to say something, but I like reading what people say, thats why I'm here.

Glice 04.10.2006 07:46 PM

I mostly do it because I want to amuse myself and the other people who have a similarly crap sense of humour. But I don't really mind, either's good. Any questions I actually care about get dealt with in the real world. Delegation of cognition, if you will.

Everyneurotic 04.10.2006 07:53 PM

you missed an "all of the above" option there

krastian 04.10.2006 08:15 PM

Mainly talk, but yeah listen too.

Hip Priest 04.11.2006 02:41 AM

I suppose mainly to listen. I already know my opinions, obviously, so it's nice to read others and find out new things.

sonicl 04.11.2006 03:53 AM

I post either to listen or to inform.

jon boy 04.11.2006 04:20 AM

i post threads to gain insight, ask opinions and generally fuck with people.

!@#$%! 04.11.2006 08:13 AM

to preach endlessly, and impose my views on others without paying real attention to theirs, insult them whenever possible, and accuse chabib of favoritism, even though i sent him a pm about his art and he hasn't responded.

oh wait wait wait i should have said "to combat ignorance..."

can i start again?

Glice 04.11.2006 09:12 AM

I post to preach endlessly, impose my views on other and never, ever read the post preceding it, because it's probably a load of boring nonsense that is far and away from the stroke of genius which I, without fail, post every time.

Signpost 04.11.2006 09:18 AM

I usually want to know opinions of other people or just have some entertainment when i'm bored.

Glice 04.11.2006 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signpost
I usually want to know opinions of other people or just have some entertainment when i'm bored.

You forgot 'to win popularity polls with little-to-no effort'.

Signpost 04.11.2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
You forgot 'to win popularity polls with little-to-no effort'.

Oh yes, that too. Thanks for reminding me about that.

!@#$%! 04.11.2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

I post to preach endlessly, impose my views on other and never, ever read the post preceding it, because it's probably a load of boring nonsense that is far and away from the stroke of genius which I, without fail, post every time.

you forgot "to combat ignorance"! and "you are all obsessed with me" :D

Glice 04.11.2006 09:33 AM

You're only saying that because you can't deal with the fact that I'm combating ignorance, and you're obsessed with me. Troll.

!@#$%! 04.11.2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

You're only saying that because you can't deal with the fact that I'm combating ignorance, and you're obsessed with me. Troll.

nice. looks like you need more than a hug.

you need an internet date

---------------

oh shit i can't keep a straight face while doing this

Glice 04.11.2006 09:46 AM

You're only saying that because [insert pointless provocation] and [insert meaningless platitudes] and [insert troll accusation] and [insert event from years ago] and [attempt to wash hands of said event while actually re-starting it].

It's like maths really, isn't it? Someone has designed an annoy-o-bot.

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 04.11.2006 01:48 PM

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Whos' the midget male whore with a peg leg?