Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just won a SY boot 7" on ebay / what SY vinyl are you looking for? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=522)

CHOUT 04.02.2006 10:59 PM

Just won a SY boot 7" on ebay / what SY vinyl are you looking for?

Side A 'Teenage Riot' live
Side B 'Starpower' live w/Mike Watt (presumably all of fIREHOSE actually...)

I forgot I bid on this, and I won it without any other bids. I lost the other two things I bid on that I actually wanted more (Bull In The Heather silver 10" w/Sister and Evol cover slicks and the Speak No Evol boot 7") that I forgot about too. Damn, not very attentive lately.

Decided recently that I want to upgrade my SY vinyl since I haven't scored anything new in a while.

Some of my SY vinyl want list:
Sonic Youth EP on Neutral
Little Trouble Girl 12"
Kool Thing 7"
Dirty Boots 12"
Silver Rocket 7"
Cotton Crown live 7"
Brother James 10" boot

What Sonic vinyl are you looking for?

marleypumpkin 04.02.2006 11:02 PM

Anything!

hey alex 04.02.2006 11:14 PM

i was gonna bid on that... but then I decided i need to quit spending so much money on music... bwahahahahahhaha! that's not happenin.

toxic johnny 04.03.2006 02:16 AM

I don't feel like my collection will be anywhere near complete until I get my grubby hands on 'Walls Have Ears' which has somehow always painfully eluded me... the worst thing is I had plenty of opportunities to buy it back in the day but never did... I really regret this now.

pokkeherrie 04.03.2006 06:52 AM

I'm currently not in an obsessive period when it comes to collecting SY vinyl (thank god! :D) but i have collected plenty of rarities in more fanatical times.

These are on top of my want list i think:
Sonic Youth EP (ONLY if it's on Neutral)
(Over)kill Yr Idols 7"
Live in Bremen 12"

Inhuman 04.03.2006 09:22 AM

There's a live Sonic Youth album at a record store near me, so I'm getting that pretty soon. I don't have the name of it yet, but I'll get the name of it tonight. I just need the money to buy it

guitarpro 04.03.2006 10:02 AM

I'm looking for

Master Dik
In The Fish Tank
&
I think that's it

DoubleNickels 04.03.2006 01:34 PM

I really want EVOL on vinyl. I don't really care if it's on Blast First or if it's a DGC reissue, I just want it and DDN, and NYCG+F

xpresswaytoyrskull 04.03.2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
There's a live Sonic Youth album at a record store near me, so I'm getting that pretty soon. I don't have the name of it yet, but I'll get the name of it tonight. I just need the money to buy it

A live Sonic Youth album? Are you sure it's legit?

Currently I'm looking for NYCG&F, Jet set, Evol and Confusion is Next. I own everything else on vinyl.

Isoflurane 04.03.2006 03:00 PM

Hey, Justin
I have the Brother James 10" EP, if I am thinking of the right one.
It's on color vinyl and from the DDN tour right?
It was a waste of money.
It was a poor recording, an even worse pressing, and the cover was a shitty inkjet job. I think the guy just makes them and sells them on Ebay.
I'd suggest skipping it.
As far as what I'm looking for, I'm looking for the Christgau 7", Bull in the Heather 10", Sugar Kane 10" and the lighnin' strikes 7"
- John

Kallisti23chaos 04.04.2006 12:19 PM

EVOL

hey alex 04.04.2006 12:42 PM

I haven't collected anything from besides their main albums, so here's my list.

SYR eps, prefferably on vinyl (how much do those run/how hard are they to find?)
Master-Dik ep

that's about it for starters i think