Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sonic Youth Forum Fantasy Euro 2008 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=21976)

Bertrand 05.21.2008 07:06 AM

Sonic Youth Forum Fantasy Euro 2008

Edited on the 4th of June :

First, the whole thing has been edited as the League had a false start, with a friendly game that hopefully helped boarders in knowing how to handle the rules and formations.

Friendly games tournament results :

1. bolanarede (jico.) 36
1. Ball in the Heather (nicfit) 36
3. Allontoic Parasites (A Thousand Threads) 34
4. eurofauxhemians fc (PAULYBEE2656) 28
5. Bulldogs (atari2600) 27
6. Andersonville (Bertrand) 27
7. Tchernobyl Boys (HECKLER SPRAY) 25
8. Glasgow Enculouz (a friend of mine) 13
9. Obiku FC (pokkeherrie) 7

Now for the real thing :

The game is open to everyone, including people who haven't joined for the friendlies. Please join, the door is open, as my manager used to say; except that he meant we could leave if we were not happy; and happy we were not.

Going there http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com/ you'll be able to create your football team for the tournament. To join the Sonic League, go to Leagues, and paste 2708-698 on the Join private league square.

Edited on the 13th of June :

Teams in the league so far, alphabetical order :

Allantoic Parasites (A Thousand Threads)
Ball in the Heather (nicfit)
bolanarede (formerly jico.)
Bulldogs FC (Atari 2600)
eurofauxhemians fc (PAULYBEE2656)
FC Gangrape (GrungeMonkey)
George Best's Liver (Bertrand)
Glasgow Enculouz 2 (friend from outside the board)
lionel hutz (a human being)
Los niños del parque (o o o)
Obiku FC (pokkeherrie)
ShongleFest (a human being)
Tchernobyl Boys (HECKLER SPRAY)

pokkeherrie 05.21.2008 08:40 AM

Thanks Bertrand.
I'll pick a team sometime this week.

Looking forward to the euros... France are in an, eh, interesting group. :)

PAULYBEE2656 05.24.2008 01:19 PM

bump and fuck yeah! thanks bertrand!!!

PAULYBEE2656 05.24.2008 01:34 PM

eurofauxhemians fc is in the euro house!

the ikara cult 05.24.2008 01:54 PM

I cant be arsed, due to the fact we (England) are shit

BUT in my premiership fantasy team i didnt have Ronaldo til the 2nd last week of the season... i think that makes me wise in a way

PAULYBEE2656 05.24.2008 02:06 PM

how the fudge was there 2 matchweeks already in the euro thingy??? are friendlies counted or something???

Bertrand 05.24.2008 11:36 PM

Yes, they count...
It's rather stupid isn't it; gaining points for a victory over Lichtenstein won't reflect a thing.
Besides some games are dropped (France have three friendlies against South American teams and none will count).
The good thing is you can see who plays in the teams you're not used to follow, thanks to the Minutes Played button in the Transfer page.

Time will tell if I can have it all start for us on the day it's games for the title.

Bertrand 05.26.2008 04:30 AM

Come on, come on...

Three teams only... Join before the 28th or you'll miss some points...

Andersonville (Bertrand)
Obiku FC (pokkeherrie) - after edition

pokkeherrie 05.26.2008 05:02 AM

Obiku FC is me of course!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Obiku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKzIeLtpG1g

... but I haven't made a team yet because I used auto-complete for the entire team.

Anyway, from what I gather the friendlies are part of a different fantasy game... a "practice" for the real thing so you will, but also a competition that can win you a trip + tickets to the final etc.

There isn't much information given, but this made me think so:

Perfect practice
Do not forget that you will also be able to participate in the final tournament fantasy football game when this is launched, so playing the friendly internationals’ warm-up game is the perfect way of preparing for the footaballing climax of the year. Also remember that you can set up a private league and challenge your friends. Click here to play now. Take another look at your team before the third and final round of friendly internationals which kicks off on 29 May for another chance to win tickets to UEFA EURO 2008™.

McDonald's Fantasy Football is back as the 16 teams participating in the final tournament of UEFA EURO 2008™ prepare for the climax of the season's footballing calendar. Pick your team for the three series of friendly games ahead of the finals in June and you could win tickets to a UEFA EURO 2008™ game in Austria or Switzerland. The player at the top of the fantasy football manager board at the end of every friendly match period will win a pair of tickets. Please note that you can only win one matchday prize during the friendly matches game.

Game periods
Remember to prepare your team for the three friendly game matchdays before the following deadlines:

Matchday 1 : 26 March 18.00 CET
Matchday 2 : 23 May 17.00 CET
Matchday 3 : 29 May 18.00 CET

Start thinking about your team now and good luck. The final tournament fantasy football game will kick off in the run up to the opening match in Basel on 7 June.

i.e. I think we can just make a new league on May 30th.

Bertrand 05.26.2008 06:39 AM

For Obiku, you got me blushing...

And the practice part you wrote about relieved me.

PAULYBEE2656 05.26.2008 10:40 AM

yeah cmon people, its gonna be no fun kicking just 2 other arses!!!

nicfit 05.26.2008 11:06 AM

Joined! My team is Ball In The Heather...
ha ha.
buttt, I wanna see if I can change the 4-4-2 formation... is it possible? I don't understand a damn in that site ha ha.
p.s. you don't get too see other players teams' members?

!@#$%! 05.26.2008 11:31 AM

oh shit i'd love to watch this on tv.

i might break down & get cable.

Bertrand 05.26.2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Joined! My team is Ball In The Heather...
ha ha.
buttt, I wanna see if I can change the 4-4-2 formation... is it possible? I don't understand a damn in that site ha ha.
p.s. you don't get too see other players teams' members?

To change the formation, click on the yellow square with a triangle by the grey one, and the guy on the bench will get on the pitch.

We'll see our friendly oponents once the first game starts, and drool at the points they received.

So far, in alphabetical order :

Andersonville (Bertrand)
bolanarede (jico.)
Obiku FC (pokkeherrie)

Are the English still mourning?

PAULYBEE2656 05.26.2008 12:24 PM

fuck the english, the irish are celebrating a one all draw at home to slovenia in a fucking friendly like we won the fucking tournament!!

the new jack charlton...or eoin hand...

HECKLER SPRAY 05.26.2008 12:31 PM

I Joined the Sonic league, but I wonder how I can change the formation / position of the players on the field. Can you help me ?

nicfit 05.26.2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
To change the formation, click on the yellow square with a triangle by the grey one, and the guy on the bench will get on the pitch.

yep, saw that, but there's just the 4-4-2 option I guess...

HECKLER SPRAY 05.26.2008 12:45 PM

Yeah, I'd like to place my team in 4-1-2-1-2...

atari 2600 05.26.2008 12:55 PM

Bulldogs (atari2600)

Oh well, I'd like to update my kit and change the shirt to red and black hoop stripes, but cannot. Just a minor gripe though.

Bertrand 05.27.2008 02:11 AM

There's only three formations available :
4-4-2
4-3-3
3-4-3

Once you're on the My Team page, click on the yellow square by the player you want to send off, and the substitute will complete the team.

The midfield hasn't been divided in defending ones, attacking guys; mostly to keep things as simple as could be. My guess.

Updated League - alphabetical order :

Andersonville (Bertrand)
bolanarede (jico.)
Bulldogs (atari2600)
Glasgow Enculouz (a friend of mine who ain't a board member, naming his team after strange curse words I happen to have blurted out while facing him in a videogame of football a few months ago)
Obiku FC (pokkeherrie)
Tchernobyl Boys (HECKLER SPRAY)

Welcome everybody !!!