Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   your least favorite songs. ever. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4744)

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 05:25 PM

your least favorite songs. ever.

polly - nirvana

Hip Priest 08.01.2006 05:27 PM

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. I'm sure there are worse songs (like other songs from a Katrina and the Waves LP if such a thing exists, God have mercy), but this one is extra-hated because aswell as being utterly despicable in it's corporate-cheesy commercial false-cheeriness, it was played to absolute decaying death at the time. And still gets played sometimes, by some people.

jon boy 08.01.2006 05:29 PM

the entire output of the black eyed peas especially where is the love.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 05:29 PM

dont remind me

Richard Pryor on Fire 08.01.2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves. I'm sure there are worse songs (like other songs from a Katrina and the Waves LP if such a thing exists, God have mercy), but this one is extra-hated because aswell as being utterly despicable in it's corporate-cheesy commercial false-cheeriness, it was played to absolute decaying death at the time. And still gets played sometimes, by some people.

I like that song, brings a smile to my face.

The song that annoys me the most right now that gets radio play, is that Panic at the disco stuff.

Hip Priest 08.01.2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
I like that song, brings a smile to my face.

The song that annoys me the most right now that gets radio play, is that Panic at the disco stuff.

Fair enough. Personally, I like to think that in that old picture you had of yourself, you were using that gun to stalk Katrina and the Waves.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 05:32 PM

I believe the correct answer is "Round And Round" by Ratt. I actually don't know if it's my least favorite song, but I've been saying so for years, and plan on doing so for years to come.

I also find pretty much every song on "Rather Ripped" to be extremely offensive.

And that Weezer song, "Beverly Hills." I mean, Christ, that is one shitty song.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 05:33 PM

i hate everything weezer has ever done.

samuel 08.01.2006 05:33 PM

Who Says You Can't Go Home (?) - Bon Jovi

It comes on all the time at my work and
I get tempted to run my head through one of the meat slicers.

drrrtyboots 08.01.2006 05:34 PM

That song...the one where the guy says "cause you had a bad day, blah blah blah blah".

samuel 08.01.2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
That song...the one where the guy says "cause you had a bad day, blah blah blah blah".

Yeah, that too.
And the "You're beautifuuuuulllllll, it's trueeeeeeee."
Ew.

drrrtyboots 08.01.2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuel
Yeah, that too.
And the "You're beautifuuuuulllllll, it's trueeeeeeee."
Ew.

Oh god. I hear that one like 3 times a day at work.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 05:38 PM

how about that "you're beautiful" song? did chris martin get throat gonorreah and did notice? EDIT: sharing the hate, i see.

not as bad but i'm sick of wolfmother, at first i liked them alright, the sound is there but they know shit about arrangements. if i hear the dude say "woman!" again, i'll stab my eardrums with a q tip.

and round and round is one of the best songs ever written. period.

Glice 08.01.2006 05:48 PM

Imagine by John Lennon wins. I did double check to make sure it wasn't vertigo by u2, but it turns out it's still Imagine.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i hate everything weezer has ever done.

I'm not too fond of them either, but that song was really pushing it. Like really, I get it, this band is not that good. I didn't need any more proof of that.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
and round and round is one of the best songs ever written. period.

I want to fight you. How about tomorrow afternoon? Out on the streets, that's where we'll meet.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:12 PM

the blue album and pinkerton are some of the two best and most profound power pop albums of the nineties.

Cantankerous 08.01.2006 06:21 PM

god no. veruca salt kicked their asses, namely because they can actually play.

Everyneurotic 08.01.2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
god no. veruca salt kicked their asses, namely because they can actually play.

sure.

luxinterior 08.01.2006 06:27 PM

Weezer is what happens when rock & roll is desexualized. It's like, look at me with my glasses and my sweater, aren't I cute? Only Harry Potter can get away with that sort of crap.