Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

h8kurdt 03.04.2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
speaking of which, reus just pulled a hamstring as is leaving at the end of halftime vs leverkusen

--

and wednesday it's the benfica game :(

Really? Hahaha

An in other news, at least Real Madrid aren't gonna totally crumble and give up the title this year.

!@#$%! 03.04.2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Really? Hahaha

An in other news, at least Real Madrid aren't gonna totally crumble and give up the title this year.

ive never seen them really crumble

get beaten sure, but crumble not sure

they'll prolly be at the cl final no?

btw the dortmund game was awesome

1-0
2-0
--
2-1
3-1
3-2

6-2

h8kurdt 03.04.2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

ive never seen them really crumble

get beaten sure, but crumble not sure

they'll prolly be at the cl final no?

btw the dortmund game was awesome

1-0
2-0
--
2-1
3-1
3-2

6-2

After their 6(?) point lead in the table they're now a point ahead. That's a crumbling in my eyes.

!@#$%! 03.05.2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

After their 6(?) point lead in the table they're now a point ahead. That's a crumbling in my eyes.

oh yeah i didn't mean it doesn't happen-- just that i've always found them respectable. and yeah i hate them ha ha ha. but i hate them because they're good.

so what's going on with them you think? i'm curious now

demonrail666 03.05.2017 08:14 AM

Real haven't collapsed or anything but they had some poor results around Christmas/January. They've got an ageing squad who must now be starting to feel a bit jaded - having achieved everything there is to achieve at club level. Ronaldo and Modric aren't getting any younger. They have great talents lined up and some already in place, but they do seem to be in a state of transition. But still, Real in transition are usually better than 90% of teams at full strength.

!@#$%! 03.05.2017 08:47 AM

ah, ok...

see, i don't watch them week in / week out but only at the champions league

and from that limited perspective-- it's barcelona who's going down in flames

i won't lie--- i'd really love for real to collapse ha ha ha

but i fear they'll take the cup AGAIN, the old, wily, deadly bastards

then again. they're lucky to face napoli not psg on this round so i dont know.

The Soup Nazi 03.05.2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

i won't lie--- i'd really love for real to collapse ha ha ha.

Same here... I find Real Madrid rather repulsive, to be honest.

demonrail666 03.05.2017 11:47 PM

They were great pantomime villains when Mourinho was there but I haven't see anything particularly objectionable since then, at least compared with any of the other mega-clubs.

!@#$%! 03.06.2017 09:18 AM

i just hate cronaldo's smug face

and the fact that he's better than little messi after all is said and done

the fucking bastard ha ha ha ha ha ha

but anyway. it's just misapplied zoroastrianism.

artificial constructs to add drama to the sport.

SO

this week's games!

the true contest is gonna be dortmund-benfica as i see it. they're close with just 1 goal difference. looked pretty even on the pitch.

though barcelona & arsenal will try returning from their respective graves. so that's gotta be good too

demonrail666 03.06.2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

and the fact that he's better than little messi after all is said and done

Bollocks!

!@#$%! 03.06.2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Bollocks!

i saddens me to say so, but i've started to think it's the case in the last couple of years

h8kurdt 03.06.2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Bollocks!

He is.

I mean, i'll go back on that and say we should just enjoy the last couple f great years left in them...but Ronaldo is better.

!@#$%! 03.06.2017 01:40 PM

fite, fite, fite, fite, fite, fite, fite!

but no, seriously, this is one of the great discussions of our time

high time that we have it again.

glad to see i've baited you guys into it. inadvertently, if i must say.

but-- sweet success! bukowski wrote "i'd rather be lucky than good" some place i can't remember.

cronaldo and portugal euro champs last summer. messi 2 copa america fails.

demonrail666 03.07.2017 04:10 AM

Hang on, are we talking about right now or overall in terms of their career? I wouldn't say either are at their best right now, and I'd say honours are about even there, even though Messi's stats are slightly ahead. Over the previous couple of seasons, Ronaldo's stats do look slightly better, but bear in mind Barcelona's goal threat is far more evenly distributed between Messi, Neymar and Suarez, but I'd still give it to Ronaldo. Overall , though, in terms of career so far, I'd say Messi has a real claim for the greatest player ever.

Right now though, I'd say Suarez is better than either of them. There, I said it.

!@#$%! 03.07.2017 07:54 AM

well i suppose the finish helps define the whole career tons

and seems to me messi has shrank a bit where cronaldo got even more spectacular, the little shit

don't know if it was messi's tax scandal or what but hm yeah. never did well in the world cup either.

speaking of barcelona's triple threat-- wtf happened to them vs psg? not threatening at all.

would like to see suarez more if what you say is true. maybe i'll start following barcelona just for that. so glad to see him rehabilitated. i never gave 2 shits over his biting business but for some reason made a big impression with the public.

so, games today. who is watching what?

h8kurdt 03.07.2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

well i suppose the finish helps define the whole career tons

and seems to me messi has shrank a bit where cronaldo got even more spectacular, the little shit

don't know if it was messi's tax scandal or what but hm yeah. never did well in the world cup either.

speaking of barcelona's triple threat-- wtf happened to them vs psg? not threatening at all.

would like to see suarez more if what you say is true. maybe i'll start following barcelona just for that. so glad to see him rehabilitated. i never gave 2 shits over his biting business but for some reason made a big impression with the public.

so, games today. who is watching what?

Neither of them have any drama for the second leg. I'll be watching Arsenal...cos, well it's Arsenal losing, innit.

!@#$%! 03.07.2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Neither of them have any drama for the second leg. I'll be watching Arsenal...cos, well it's Arsenal losing, innit.

:D :D :D

--

but we'll see. seriously. it ain't over till it's over. never say never. hatching chickens something something, and all those bullshit sayings over unpredictable things. cuz shit happens, etc. don't know. let's not jinx it.

!@#$%! 03.07.2017 03:32 PM

great little first half, props to arsenal for scoring first and playing better than last time

and lol @ vidal's near-hatchet-job on alexis

!@#$%! 03.07.2017 03:56 PM

oh blam

blam blam blam

---

jeezus. im feeling so sorry for arsenal right now i almost can't enjoy this anymore

---

and only the wenger hecklers are left among the arsenal fans and another goal wtf it's pitiful

The Soup Nazi 03.07.2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

jeezus. im feeling so sorry for arsenal right now i almost can't enjoy this anymore

and only the wenger hecklers are left among the arsenal fans

No other coach in the planet would survive an aggregate of 10-2. Anyway, good for King Arturo — now I hope Bayern wins this shit (with Carletto instead of Pep: oh the irony...).