Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

The Soup Nazi 10.14.2015 02:05 PM

Meanwhile, the Lone Star keeps on as a lean mean motherfuckin' machine: 4-3 vs Perú last night in Lima. Alexis is on FIRE!

!@#$%! 10.14.2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Meanwhile, the Lone Star keeps on as a lean mean motherfuckin' machine: 4-3 vs Perú last night in Lima. Alexis is on FIRE!

hm... peru with 10 men over some silly red card

wtf

The Soup Nazi 10.14.2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hm... peru with 10 men over some silly red card

wtf

Fuck 'em!

demonrail666 10.17.2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

One of my absolute favourite players at the moment.

hipster_bebop_junkie 10.18.2015 12:13 AM

Oooh to be a Gooner!

demonrail666 10.20.2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Oooh to be a Gooner!

and watch your hopes of finally realising your potential slowly fizzle out, season after season after season. I tipped them to win this season. They might still do it. They're certainly good enough. But something tells me, come may, it'll be business as usual. Top 4 finish but no title.

I hope I'm wrong. Besides west ham (no chance) arsenal would be the team I'd most like to see do it.

after that, anyone but Chelsea.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 10.23.2015 02:49 PM

This pic from at work today ought to please !@#$!

demonrail666 10.23.2015 02:53 PM

He'll hate that formation

demonrail666 10.24.2015 10:54 AM

Fucking Hell!

West Ham 2-1 Chelsea

Livin' the dream!

But how long can Mourinho hold onto his job. Sent to the stands in the first half. Total Chelsea meltdown.

_slavo_ 11.09.2015 04:14 AM

Watching the loss of Real Madrid to Sevilla 2-3 yesterday was ultimately satisfying.

The Ukrainian Yevhen Konoplyanka from Sevilla is one of the most skillful players I've ever seen. This dude is going to be a big star soon.

_slavo_ 12.14.2015 03:35 AM

So, what's your thoughts about the EURO2016 draw?

Group B: England, Slovakia, Russia, Wales

For us, it's one of the more playable groups. Of course we're going to be a huge outsider against England and a slight outsider against the Russians, with the best chance to win against the Welsh, but all in all, it was a fortunate draw - much better than to face Spain, Croatia and Turkey (like our brothers from Czech Republic do, unfortunately)

Bertrand 12.14.2015 08:07 AM

No idea regarding group B. Slovakia's main assets are two board members and a friend's whole family. Apart from that, I have no idea. The last Russian player I liked was inconsistent; I can't remember his name, all I do remember is that his personality was not the best for team spirit.
I'd say the Welsh will be tough.
And there's another team, but, well, do they count?

The Czech are in a tough group, I don't see them going through.

The group with Italy and Belgium looks promising too, as there'll be a game between those two quite early on.

France will draw its two first games and beat Switzerland.

_slavo_ 12.14.2015 08:34 AM

France will be okay. They don't have a tough group.
I don't know how the issues around Benzema and Valbuena will affect the mood in the team, though. French team has been likely to have interpersonal issues for a long time.

BTW, Valbuena is one of my favourite current players. Skilled dude. He'd deserve a better team.

_slavo_ 12.14.2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
No idea regarding group B. Slovakia's main assets are two board members and a friend's whole family. Apart from that, I have no idea.

You should be familiar at least with two of our current, ehm, stars - Marek Hamsik of SSC Napoli and Martin Skrtel of Liverpool. But yes, this is a team not about individualities, but about teamplay and great coaching.

Bertrand 12.18.2015 06:43 AM

Yes, that's right, Hamsik and Skrtel - how could I have forgotten...

I think France will have to forget about Benzema. That leaves room for another sulker.

Chelsea's sacked Mourinho.

They're trailing 20 points behind leaders Leicester City, and are floating just one point above the relegation zone.
France: PSG is 17 points above second placed Angers (who hadn't had a bite at the French championship since 1993-1994)... this is ludicrous...

_slavo_ 12.18.2015 07:43 AM

PSG are destroying it this year. Top notch form.

The Soup Nazi 04.08.2016 07:32 PM

Well this is beyond a blooper - this is just fucked up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46-qI80-7j0

How do you even DO that? Guy had like a 1º angle...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.03.2016 12:32 PM

Copa Centenario opens up today.. USA likely to get creamed and hopefully will lead to Klinsmann's resignation

The Soup Nazi 06.03.2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Copa Centenario opens up today.. USA likely to get creamed and hopefully will lead to Klinsmann's resignation

0-2 already (at half time) vs. Colombia. I don't think you're getting Joachim Löw after Klinsmann gets the axe, though...

Silver ✴ Rocket 06.12.2016 04:22 PM