Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the return of the plumed serpent (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=82780)

floatingslowly 10.18.2012 09:24 AM

the return of the plumed serpent

I've long held that Quetzalcoatl (a Prince of Creation, whose name translates to 'the plumed serpent') is a myth-legend anthropomorphizing a comet; yet (until now) there's been no evidence to support a cometary body that fits anywhere near 13 Baktun, the long-count.

as I said, until now.

A newly discovered comet, named 2012 S1, is hurtling toward the inner-system, and resides somewhere between the orbits of Saturn and Jupiter. At it's current velocity, it should visible in the sky around 11/28/13. All data points to a projected luminosity that rivals the full-moon, and if it holds together, it could very well be "one of the brightest in history".

Telemetry suggest origins in the Oort cloud, but for now, even that is uncertain, and nobody really knows where it came from.

so......who's up for having their still-beating heart ripped out and shown to them? Blood for your crops.

Rob Instigator 10.18.2012 09:34 AM

i am excited for I saw Halley's comet back in the day and will hopefully live long enough to watch that shit come around again.

I love outer space. it's the place, I hear.

floatingslowly 10.18.2012 09:54 AM

I missed the apparition of Halley's due to it's unfavorable positioning. :(

Hale-Bopp reached perihelion the day of my (first) son's birth. I find that astrologically significant to the point that no 'normal' astrologic predictions may apply to him without also computing the comet's acting forces. It was a magnificent spectacle.

I wish Do and the gang a safe journey.

!@#$%! 10.18.2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
'the plumed serpent'

is this some sort of code word for "hairy dick"?

if so, is that your response to truncated's posting of shaved balls the other day? (and by "the other day" i mean "i can't remember which fucked thread was that but look it up yourself")

anyway, just curious. INB4 hairy dick picchurs.

/averts eyes

floatingslowly 10.18.2012 01:39 PM

My interests in archeoastronomy have left me with little time to persue my other love, pre-columbian topiary.

Perhaps Rob can help.

Rob Instigator 10.18.2012 03:00 PM

My plumed serpent brings the girls to the yard, and they're like, It's better than yours. Damn right, It's better than yours....

floatingslowly 10.18.2012 03:10 PM

He wants to know if you are hairy, Rob. We all want to know. Are you hairy? I am.

Rob Instigator 10.18.2012 03:13 PM

Hairy like all mammals.

floatingslowly 10.18.2012 03:18 PM

Ladies, please tell us of your sacred cenotes. Are they rimmed with foliage, or clear-cut for easier access to your waters??

Rob Instigator 10.18.2012 03:20 PM

Mario the Goddess created human pubies for a reason, to add spice to the season, to lubricate the friction that comes when grinding dick-tion with pussay-tion.

floatingslowly 10.18.2012 03:22 PM

Mommy, what's a funkadelic?