Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40798)

ilduclo 04.08.2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Have Americans season 6 episode 2 primed and ready for viewing tonight. YES.

you can tell they're wrapping up. The thing I haven't liked about this season so far is the 80's new wave soundtrack playing too loud. (and I like that music, too)

Also, when is someone going to kill Beeman? That MF should have gone a loooooong time ago.:fuckyou:

Severian 04.08.2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
you can tell they're wrapping up. The thing I haven't liked about this season so far is the 80's new wave soundtrack playing too loud. (and I like that music, too)

Also, when is someone going to kill Beeman? That MF should have gone a loooooong time ago.:fuckyou:

Whaaaaaaaaay?!
He’s, like, obscenely likable!! Honesty, there’s just something about his voice and delivery and naïveté that makes me like him even when he’s acting a fool.

Neither of them would kill Beeman unless they had no other option. Well, maybe Elizabeth would, but I don’t think that’s where things are heading.

It’s not going to be like Breaking Bad, with Walter and Hank colliding and someone dying once the beans are spilled. It will be weirder than that, I promise.

ilduclo 04.09.2018 08:10 AM

Well, I guess you're watching a different Beeman. I think he's a thug in about the worst way. The treatment he gives to his spies/informants is pretty fucking awful. Kill Beeman, please! Defenestrate the guy...

!@#$%! 04.09.2018 10:03 PM

just started GLOW on netlix

after halt and catch fire, the new addition to 80s tv archeology (now that the 80s are as ancient as the 60s), and it’s pretty good so far!

alison brie and marc maron are in it, plus that weird doctor from the last seasons of nurse jackie

so i was looking for more info on it and apparently—holy shit!—it was a real thing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252462/

tw2113 04.09.2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
just started GLOW on netlix

after halt and catch fire, the new addition to 80s tv archeology (now that the 80s are as ancient as the 60s), and it’s pretty good so far!

alison brie and marc maron are in it, plus that weird doctor from the last seasons of nurse jackie

so i was looking for more info on it and apparently—holy shit!—it was a real thing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252462/

I need to re-watch this sometime soon, and it very much was a real thing. There's a documentary on Netflix about it too, if you want some more real history.

One of the girls from the real promotion got added to the WWE Hall of Fame on friday as well.

!@#$%! 04.10.2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
I need to re-watch this sometime soon, and it very much was a real thing. There's a documentary on Netflix about it too, if you want some more real history.

One of the girls from the real promotion got added to the WWE Hall of Fame on friday as well.

just finished season 1. looks like it was renewed for a second one. was fucking great! got hooked on it and i think i couldnt sleep last night because of it.

i checked out their website today and i’ll be looking at the documentary, yeah

Severian 04.10.2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
Well, I guess you're watching a different Beeman. I think he's a thug in about the worst way. The treatment he gives to his spies/informants is pretty fucking awful. Kill Beeman, please! Defenestrate the guy...

Definitely thug moments but the character is a lot more than that, and has shown himself to have a (potentially overactive to the point of malfunctioning) conscience on multiple occasions.

Also, that voice! The fuck? How can you not like a guy who talks like that? It’s like he was made in a sad best friend factory!

!@#$%! 04.13.2018 06:22 PM

this shit continues to be great even after decades. pure genius.

Severian 04.13.2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

this shit continues to be great even after decades. pure genius.

Never realized this was such a “thing.” Used to catch snippets in passing while flipping through channels, lolled a bit, but not sure I’ve ever watched a full episode.

!@#$%! 04.13.2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Never realized this was such a “thing.” Used to catch snippets in passing while flipping through channels, lolled a bit, but not sure I’ve ever watched a full episode.

dude! these are mythical creatures, not simply characters

get to watchin’! start from the beginning of course. no story arc of any kind, just you get to know them in the right order

_tunic_ 04.14.2018 02:40 AM

yes indeed. Highly recommended. They are absolutely fabulous :D
The same goes for French and Saunders even though it's a completely different format, more like a sketch show, a bit similar to Little Britain. But e.g. their re-enactment of famous movie scenes were brilliant.

Did any of you watch the new Roseanne already? I'm, very curious. I used to love that series back in the days. I hope it will be aired on public TV in my country soonish (I don't have netflix or whatever you hip folks are watching these days)

_tunic_ 04.14.2018 03:49 AM

Problem I have with Joanna Lumley is that I can't take her seriously, because she looks exactly the same in real life as she was in that series. But she made some fantastic documentaries, such as Joanna Lumley in the Land of the Northern Lights
(there's also a complete version on YT but of lesser quality)

Severian 04.15.2018 12:17 PM

Legion season 2 episode 1

Weird. Maybe not as good as episode 1 of season 1, which just sucked me right the fuck in. Still pleasantly bizarro and the only X-title worth mentioning.

Rob Instigator 04.16.2018 07:44 AM

Two more episodes left of the latest Better Call Saul season.

also, watching new Trailer Park Boys season. sad knowing that the actor playing Lahey died.

Severian 04.16.2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Two more episodes left of the latest Better Call Saul season.

also, watching new Trailer Park Boys season. sad knowing that the actor playing Lahey died.

When’s Saul season 4 start?

!@#$%! 04.16.2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

When’s Saul season 4 start?

nmfo shows “in production” right now so... later

guessing summer?

Antagon 04.17.2018 03:54 PM

Going through all of Star Trek TNG right now. I remember unattentively watching a lot of the reruns in the 90s and early 2000s as a child. Didn't care for it much then, but then again I was a kiddo. I do see a lot of the appeal nowadays. The world-building if executed with finesse, is quite captivating and of course the philosophical elements are there as well. The series is far from spotless though. Season 1 and some of the early episodes of Season 2 can be a chore to sit through from time to time.

!@#$%! 04.17.2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Going through all of Star Trek TNG right now. I remember unattentively watching a lot of the reruns in the 90s and early 2000s as a child. Didn't care for it much then, but then again I was a kiddo. I do see a lot of the appeal nowadays. The world-building if executed with finesse, is quite captivating and of course the philosophical elements are there as well. The series is far from spotless though. Season 1 and some of the early episodes of Season 2 can be a chore to sit through from time to time.

dude! haven’t seen you in ages. welcome back.

yeah. wait till they bring the old doctor.

meanwhile, let’s all hate on fucking wesley. so annoying! lol

ps, when you finish TNG check out DS9. best star trek series ever.

tw2113 04.18.2018 10:31 AM

Speaking of GLOW, they're back with season 2 in late June :D

ilduclo 04.21.2018 02:09 PM

Atlanta Season 2. A couple of odd episodes, but real creative TV. Recco!