Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone else gotten their copy of the Eternal yet? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31774)

GrungeMonkey 06.08.2009 01:06 PM

do you get a download with the LP? The girl in the shop said you do but I cant work out how its done...

EvdWee 06.08.2009 01:27 PM

got it saturday

right now the first listen on vinyl.

marleypumpkin 06.08.2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvdWee
got it saturday

right now the first listen on vinyl.

Kool, I have yet to actually, "listen" to the vinyl. I've only been listening to my vinyl rip, which was the first needle drop of my copy.

guitarpro 06.08.2009 03:31 PM

I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow but I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet but I'm sure it will grow on me.

scott v 06.08.2009 06:01 PM

wow, i live in the US and preordered the album thru Matador sounds like alot of folks got their copy still haven't gotten mine yet... am i one of the few? not a big deal i'm not worried. though i did get an email that it shipped last week... weird.

pokkeherrie 06.08.2009 06:52 PM

I don't have mine yet either (live in the Netherlands), but I've seen it in the stores already since last week.

I guess mine was somewhat delayed, because I got an email from Matador saying they had made a mistake in calculating shipping costs and needed to charge 7$ extra. Then I got another email saying they weren't going to charge that 7$ after all and then another one stating that it had shipped.

eternal 06.08.2009 07:01 PM

i got an email a week ago saying mine was shipped and still havent gotten it (i live like 10 mins away from toronto too)
and then i just got another email saying that they fucked up and didnt press enough vinyls? i wonder if my order even got shipped to begin with now...

pantophobia 06.08.2009 07:26 PM

here is the email i got

Dear Customer,
If you've already gotten your Sonic Youth "The Eternal" LP, hope you're enjoying it and please disregard this email.

If you have yet to get your lp, our deep apologies. We hope to send the rest of the orders on Friday but our plant shorted us, so we couldn't. We hoped to send them today but as it turns out they're not even getting here until tomorrow morning, obviously the street date. We're really disappointed about this as we're sure you are. Hopefully to make up for some of the wait, here is a digital version of the album a little bit early. Hope you enjoy it. We'll be sending your lps out tomorrow as soon as they come in.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Take care,
Matador Records

and haven't gotten it yet

toxic johnny 06.09.2009 01:24 AM

Got my vinyl yesterday... it was worth the wait, what a sexy package... it smells gorgeous too.

EvdWee 06.09.2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I don't have mine yet either (live in the Netherlands), but I've seen it in the stores already since last week.

I guess mine was somewhat delayed, because I got an email from Matador saying they had made a mistake in calculating shipping costs and needed to charge 7$ extra. Then I got another email saying they weren't going to charge that 7$ after all and then another one stating that it had shipped.

i ordered via rappard, he got that mail too. don't know if he got the second one as well...

my package arrived last saturday...

gwfb 06.09.2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
here is the email i got

Dear Customer,
If you've already gotten your Sonic Youth "The Eternal" LP, hope you're enjoying it and please disregard this email.

If you have yet to get your lp, our deep apologies. We hope to send the rest of the orders on Friday but our plant shorted us, so we couldn't. We hoped to send them today but as it turns out they're not even getting here until tomorrow morning, obviously the street date. We're really disappointed about this as we're sure you are. Hopefully to make up for some of the wait, here is a digital version of the album a little bit early. Hope you enjoy it. We'll be sending your lps out tomorrow as soon as they come in.

Take care,
Matador Records

I 've got this same message, i hope it's a mass mailing....

a-p a. niemi 06.09.2009 08:19 AM

Just got it, the 2LP version.
Damn if it ain't a one awesome package, love the Sensational Fix poster + Battery Park LP.

Sonic Youth 37 06.09.2009 10:40 AM

FUCK!!!! I might have just gotten gyped out of the poster/live extras because of my goddamn record store. I can't pick up the stuff until next Wednesday and they said they'd *try* to hold it for me but it's a lot of inventory so I'll just have to see what happens.

nancykitten 06.09.2009 10:55 AM

What's up with the hissing on the eternal? It's not super irritating or anything, but you can really notice it in the quiet parts (the beginning of What We Know, for example). Surely the hissing is easy to remove on protools but perhaps they like it?

The hissing of summer lawns? I could drink a case of ya.

cdollaz 06.09.2009 12:17 PM

Battery Park LP = shitty packaging.

greedrex 06.09.2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdollaz

very

noisereductions 06.09.2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdollaz

cheap maybe. But that cover is gorgeous.

sonik life 06.09.2009 12:21 PM

Mine arrived in the UK today!

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.09.2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
here is the email i got

Dear Customer,

Take care,
Matador Records

I got that too, but I also got an email saying it shipped on thursday

cdollaz 06.09.2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
cheap maybe. But that cover is gorgeous.

Yeah, it's nice picture, but if I knew I was going to get a folded over piece of card stock with a picture on it, I would have passed. I was expecting something nice. At least a normal LP sleeve that would hold the disc. If you are going to do something, at least do it right.