Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Interpol - Our Love To Admire (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13244)

screamingskull 05.17.2007 06:12 AM

Interpol - Our Love To Admire

Anyone else looking forward to this coming out??

Out July 9th!!!!

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 07:47 AM

No.

Joy Division ended like 20 years ago, move on.

Turn on the bright lights has a couple cool parts though.

screamingskull 05.17.2007 07:50 AM

oh come on! likening them to Joy Division is so old and overdone.

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 07:52 AM

haha.. do what? what did you just say?

unknown pleasures is AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

interpol, i think i could probably not dislike so much if it wasn't for the lyrics... they take the cake. they're not as bad as placebo's lyrics, but they're still shit. and their songs are boring. they do have a lot of interesting guitar layers on bright lights, but yeah.

screamingskull 05.17.2007 07:53 AM

so you like the music just not the singing because it sounds like Ian Curtis and not the lyrics.

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 07:59 AM

nah i don't care if it sounds like ian or not as far as the tone of his voice is.. i just think he sings shittily. i think the only interpol song where i actually like the singing is leif erikson.

and yeah the lyrics are trash...

and the music is.. i mean, it's cool. they're talented. they have some interesting parts. most of it sounds samey, but they hav esome interesting layers.

this is a band i liked years ago but they just bore me now. antics was like "everything that was bad about 'bright lights' times ten." so i can't imagine this album being much better. i'll give it a listen though.

jimbrim 05.17.2007 09:48 AM

I wouldnt say i was pissing myself with excitement for this album, but i will defiently give it a listen. I loved Turn on the Bright Lights when it came out but Antics didnt do anything for me. I do hope the band have changed and moved on a bit since the last record.

screamingskull 05.17.2007 09:50 AM

well apparently they broke up then got back together about 5 times.

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 09:53 AM

they should sell their delay pedals to me.

nicfit 05.17.2007 10:02 AM

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/capi...radio_edit.asx

_slavo_ 05.17.2007 10:05 AM

Antics was a pile of donkey shit.

So no, I'm not really looking forward to the new one.

screamingskull 05.17.2007 10:31 AM

Antics had some good songs on it!

I love every song on Turn On The Bright Light's though, especially "Stella was a diver and she was always down" thats my favourite ever Interpol song.

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 01:43 PM

it probably means as much as "i want to play with the braids that you came with here tonight" and "She said her sentimental side should be held with kid's gloves, she didn't know i had my urge in an icebox"or"WE SPIES WE SLOW HANDS KILLER"

LittlePuppetBoy 05.17.2007 01:52 PM

somewhat, I hope it's good.

atsonicpark 05.17.2007 02:00 PM

sorry, that's not true. drive like jehu never had bad lyrics. "YOUR 37TH BIRTHDAY CAKE WAS PISSING ACID ON YOUR FACE"? brilliant.

anyway..

atari 2600 05.17.2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
haha.. do what? what did you just say?

unknown pleasures is AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

interpol, i think i could probably not dislike so much if it wasn't for the lyrics... they take the cake. they're not as bad as placebo's lyrics, but they're still shit. and their songs are boring. they do have a lot of interesting guitar layers on bright lights, but yeah.

Most bands have severe problems with having a lousy (at best, lackluster) lead singer/frontperson that sings lamentable & lazily-written lyrics badly.

Similarly, I can't be bothered by this Interpol business, sorry.

HECKLER SPRAY 05.17.2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
sorry, that's not true. drive like jehu never had bad lyrics. "YOUR 37TH BIRTHDAY CAKE WAS PISSING ACID ON YOUR FACE"? brilliant.

anyway..

:eek: I can't believe that bitch had ever listen to this album, it's too complicated for her goldfish brain. Maybe she found the cover funny.

Danny Himself 05.17.2007 02:17 PM

I'm not super excited for it but I will probably buy it sometime in the summer. One of my friends has a leaked copy, I think, and she approves heartily.

screamingskull 06.05.2007 08:07 AM

they are touring the uk, and playing the b'ham academy but i can't go as i will be on holiday :( BUMMER!!!!! i saw them in 2004 and they were great! very loud though, i lost all my hearing in my right ear for 2 days.

atsonicpark 06.05.2007 12:20 PM

"you're so cute when you're frustrated n sedated lmao"