Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth in Europe (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28607)

mil_pl 12.21.2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
That is all I know for now.

ok, thanks for that info anyway. are you goin'?

lukin 12.23.2008 12:26 AM

So anyone know any ticket info on the Munich gig???????
Donīt find anything on the venues homepage.

Think Iīm catching both munich and dusseldorf

blunderbuss 12.23.2008 03:43 AM

Anyone know who else is playing at Donau Festival? Theoretically I'm done with travelling all over the place just to see SY, but if there's other good bands on I might think about a change of mind.

_slavo_ 12.23.2008 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Anyone know who else is playing at Donau Festival? Theoretically I'm done with travelling all over the place just to see SY, but if there's other good bands on I might think about a change of mind.

i'll let you know as soon as I get some more info. for now, there's no information about other bands/projects playing there, but as I've already got plenty of experience with this festival, i can honestly say there's gonna be much more interesting stuff going on than Sonic Youth only. you can peacefully book your airline ticket, i'll be happy to see you, man.

█████████ 12.23.2008 04:26 AM

nice. i guess it's safe to say they will be playing more shows in europe about that time.

Moshe 12.23.2008 06:59 AM

i'm considering to make this trip too.

_slavo_ 12.23.2008 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
i'm considering to make this trip too.

i'd be glad.

greenlight 12.23.2008 07:57 AM

blunderbuss, Moshe that would be fucking awesome....and stop saying that u r done with travelling to places where SY plays.

man, I still want to manage travell to NY for SY gig.

Spiritual Amnesia 12.23.2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss

apparently "the butthole surfers", "spiritualized" and "antony and the johnsons" have also confirmed ... and there gonna be a lot of other good bands ...

flashlight69 12.23.2008 12:24 PM

i am a very lucky guy!

wow!in 2007 3 sonic youth shows ( tollwood, southside and the fabelous show @ arena vienna in oktober the gig in bolzano ( bozen) and now i can see them again in my home country austria.hmm they donīt play that many shows and they come again to austria thatīs pretty cool.i think they liked the crowd at there gig in vienna 2007.but seriously thank you for coming to austria!i will kill my parents and steal my sisters boyfriend and then i will hit the road.

_slavo_ 12.23.2008 01:06 PM

i think the crowd at the Arena show sucked big time.
everybody just stood and stared, no reactions, just cold-ass watching with a beer in hand.
if you went to see the Prague gig, you could tell the difference.

greenlight 12.23.2008 01:19 PM

yeah, Prague had great crowd and atmosphere, even though I didnt attend I could feel it from watching the DVD.

_slavo_ 12.23.2008 01:21 PM

you've got the dvd? any possibility to send it to me?

greenlight 12.23.2008 01:26 PM

still waiting for approval from taper to share it, if not I will bring it to you in April.

_slavo_ 12.23.2008 01:29 PM

awesome. will bring a bottle of Hruskovica in return.

greenlight 12.23.2008 01:38 PM

Spisska Hruskovica then!

This Is Not Here 12.23.2008 07:37 PM

I'm also considering hopping on a boat/plane/coach to go too one of these gigs, possibly the Dusseldorf one.

greenlight 12.24.2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I'm also considering hopping on a boat/plane/coach to go too one of these gigs, possibly the Dusseldorf one.

let me know if you succeed to buy a ticket (register) on their webpage. I could not. I will try later on again....when I will be on my computer.

_slavo_ 12.24.2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
Spisska Hruskovica then!

that's the only brand I like, so no problem :)

This Is Not Here 12.24.2008 11:19 AM

AHH!!! Am I EVER going to see this band live?! I'm seeing Bob Dylan live (I know, woe is me) on the 25th, thats going to make it impossible to make the Dusseldorf gig and very tight for the Austria and Munich gigs...... I want to cry.