Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I had a Sonic dream last night (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24896)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.28.2008 07:32 PM

I had a Sonic dream last night

They were playing a show in my basement and Mike Watt was there, and I was talking to him. He said he picked every song on their set list for them, which I looked at and didn't recognize any of the songs. I remember Kim gave me a weird look and Thurston later asked me if I was OK because I was shaking and looked like I was in shock, but I didn't remember being in that state. It was a weird dream.

EVOLghost 08.29.2008 09:20 AM

heh...I love Sonic Dreams...I had one to...not last night though. I dreamt I was jammin' with them. Pretty much the greatest dream ever.

diskaholic-anonymous 08.29.2008 12:10 PM

i read somewhere about a girl who dreamed with Thurston making love with David Bowie...no! no! it wasn't me! this is not a gay post, by the way i'm not! i would rather dream with Kool Kim teaching me...bass guitar than have something with Bowie! or Thurston!

atsonicpark 08.29.2008 12:16 PM

Kim teaching someone bass? Hm.

Anyway, I keep having bad dreams...

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 08.29.2008 01:27 PM

This wasn't my first Sonic Dream. I had a dream once that Kim and Thurston bought my house and I got nostalgic and I went there to see the house and Thurston was there and he was on drugs or something because his eyes were completely bloodshot.

noisereductions 08.29.2008 01:33 PM

Watt picked the setlist? Lemme guess: they played "Tuff Gnarl."

batreleaser 08.29.2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Kim teaching someone bass? Hm.

Anyway, I keep having bad dreams...

i was having nightmares throughout the majority of the summer. i was in a hotel with my dad and he told me i kept waking him up, i was literally yelling, some clearly audible obscenities, in my sleep. just horrible dreams i was having.

last night though i had the raddest dream ever. i feel asleep listening to coltrane's 'the ascension' and i could hear the music whilst sleeping, like my dreams were having a soundtrack.

This Is Not Here 08.29.2008 02:20 PM

I had a dream about Thurston getting sexually harassed in an elevator recently, I was outside it and the doors were closing and there was nothing I could do stop it. My brain obviously thought that was rediculous and regrettable idea for a dream, and later it on turned into your classic meeting and hanging out with Kim and Thurston dream, as if he'd not just got bummed in a lift.

EMMAh 08.29.2008 02:53 PM

I've never dreamt about Sonic Youth.

I've had dreams with Courtney Love, Victoria and David Beckham, Kurt Cobain, and Nirvana.

shentov 08.31.2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I've never dreamt about Sonic Youth.

I've had dreams with Courtney Love, Victoria and David Beckham, Kurt Cobain, and Nirvana.

my exceptions are courtney and the beckhams. the beckhams?!?? what a nightmare! i have had kurt, nirvana and SY dreams too. a lot of.
i just imagined a dream with me and courtney shooting up in a public bathroom. but i have kind of creepy and obsessed thought lately...

atsonicpark 08.31.2008 02:51 PM

I dreamt the other night that my boss at work gave me shrooms... no kidding.

shentov 08.31.2008 03:04 PM

whoa... i've had enless dreams w/ drugs incl.

i've woken up from keeping my breath dreaming i'm smoking marijuana. dreamt i shoot up at actually feel it!
etc. etc.

anthony89 09.01.2008 10:21 PM

i had a sonic wakeup call the other day

i left my alarm clock on by accident for like 7 am and i didnt have to get up early, but luckily my radio was tuned to the college station

in my sleep i heard thurston and then i opened my eyes and realized that theresa's sound worl was playing in my room! so i finished the song and turned it off and went back to sleep

perfect song to be half awake too

EVOLghost 09.02.2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony89
i had a sonic wakeup call the other day

i left my alarm clock on by accident for like 7 am and i didnt have to get up early, but luckily my radio was tuned to the college station

in my sleep i heard thurston and then i opened my eyes and realized that theresa's sound worl was playing in my room! so i finished the song and turned it off and went back to sleep

perfect song to be half awake too

Haha...my alarm on my cell phone has Kill Yr. Idols as the alarm. Sometimes it's scary waking up to that loud crashing guitar sound.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.02.2008 06:35 PM

the chip tunes intro to Hella's Biblical Violence is what wakes me up every morning.

blunderbuss 11.19.2010 01:01 AM

I dreamt last night that Steve got a job at my office.

This is, of course, a ridiculous dream, as my company is laying people off right now, not hiring.

Adolfo 11.21.2010 09:18 PM

No sonic dreams for me.
My bloody valentine dreams yes. They where playing in my classroom. Fucking loud too.

another 02.03.2011 06:11 PM

Sorry for bumping this (slightly) old thread, but I had a Sonic related dream last night. I was at this school taking all these weird classes, and Lee was in one of them. He sat right near me and I was shocked to see him. He came over to talk and I said "I saw Sonic Youth in Germany. Remember how you kept screaming?" and he said "Hey, yeah, I remember doing that", but then he went back to his seat and ignored me. I kept saying something about Thurston but he glared at me. Later I found a copy of Sister in a locker and I tried to find Lee to have him sign it but I woke up.

Pelle 02.04.2011 10:50 AM

Haha, ive dreamed a dream about them aswell..
My friend had a new band and they were supose to have a gig with them in the place were we keep all our studio/instruments. However, everytime I tried to say something to some of the members noone replied.
Then I just woke up.. its wired, haha :P

Pelle 06.11.2011 06:22 AM

I dreamed tonight that I found SYR6+8 on vinyl in a store for 6£ each.

What a disapointment to wake up.