Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lou Reed is a wanker (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41301)

Keeping It Simple 09.12.2010 03:56 AM

Lou Reed is a wanker

He's a wanker for refusing to allow Susan Boyle to perform Perfect Day on America's Got Talent. Simon Cowell is justified in lambasting Lou as "petty" and "pathetic". What do you guys think?

EVOLghost 09.12.2010 03:59 AM

Perfect Day is a ghey song anyway.

Adolfo 09.12.2010 04:14 AM

Nobody can do justice to that song

Toilet & Bowels 09.12.2010 09:27 AM

who cares? it's his song, he can do what he likes.

Glice 09.12.2010 09:50 AM

I don't think this is the first wankerish thing Reed's ever done.

In other news, the only person ever to refuse someone the chance to 'be' them on Stars in their Eyes was that chappy out of the Cure.

Toilet & Bowels 09.12.2010 10:18 AM

i'd refuse someone to do that to me too.

SuperCreep 09.12.2010 10:19 AM

i think lou reed is a wanker and a great one at that and should continue being a wanker because that's what makes lou reed lou reed.

people expecting anything different are delusional.

same with morrissey.

stop caring about this shit so much.

gualbert 09.12.2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
He's a wanker for refusing to allow Susan Boyle to perform Perfect Day on America's Got Talent.

What!!
..no.

Too bad for the many SB fans.:confused:

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.12.2010 12:16 PM

I personally think it's awesome that he wouldn't let her sing the song.

Dead-Air 09.12.2010 12:27 PM

Really that's nothing compared to denying he was ever gay when he had a relationship with a tranny for years. Lou is definitely one of those people where you have to separate what he does as a person from his music, because otherwise you won't be enjoying the music much.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 09.12.2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Lou Reed denies pulling the plug on Susan Boyle's 'America's Got Talent' performance

BY Anthony Benigno
DAILY NEWS WRITER
Saturday, September 11th 2010, 11:52 AM

Eshelman/FilmMagic; Wintrow/Getty
Lou Reed's reps have claiming a red-tape mistake -- not the singer himself -- is to blame for Susan Boyle's nixed performance.

Related News

Susan Boyle's "Perfect Day" may have been ruined, but Lou Reed is saying he's not to blame after all.
According to reports, the Velvet Underground singer, 68, supposedly pulled the plug on Boyle's live cover of "Perfect Day" for the semi-finals of "America's Got Talent" because he isn't a fan of the Scottish songstress.
But Access Hollywood reports now that this wasn't the case, and a simple red-tape snafu is to blame for derailing SuBo's performance.
Reed's reps said Boyle's cover of "Perfect Day" simply wasn't cleared for the U.S. in time for "America's Got Talent," although Boyle was given the green light to perform the song in her native U.K.
According to TMZ, the sensitive singer left Los Angeles in tears after being told she wouldn't be able to perform the song. Access Hollywood said Boyle hadn't had time to rehearse a backup.
Boyle, who was a runner-up on "Britain's Got Talent" last year, wasn't the only one left with a heavy heart.
"I'm really sad," the show's judge, Piers Morgan, told Access Hollywood of Susan's missed performance. "I love Susan."
Creator and executive producer Simon Cowell's remarks on the incident were more scathing. He called the rumors of Reed's veto "petty" and "pathetic" in a statement.
"Loads of people have covered this song," Cowell added. "Well Lou, if you're listening to this, do we have permission, yes or no, to put the song on 'America's Got Talent' next week? Personal request from me."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...rformance.html

flashlight69 09.14.2010 12:14 AM

oh my good this topic is about lou reed i love lou reed

automatic bzooty 09.14.2010 12:34 AM

i thought that was the majority of lou's appeal... you know, that he's an asshole.

also: SB couldn't just sing a different song? c'mon now. how many more syrupy versions of perfect day does the world need, anyway? NONE.

tesla69 09.14.2010 04:22 PM

a lot of free publicity by saying no, more than if she had sung it. cuz, who cares! now, if she was singing pale blue eyes or metal machine music, that would be different.

EVOLghost 09.14.2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
a lot of free publicity by saying no,

I guess he's feeling irrelevant now...hehahhaha

Rob Instigator 09.14.2010 05:08 PM

One two three
She's a real left winger 'cause she been down south
And held peasants in her arms
She said "I could tell you a story that could make you cry"
"What about you?"
I said "Me too"
"I could tell you a story that will make you cry"
And she sighed "Ah"
I said "I wanna be a singer like Lou Reed"
"I like Lou Reed" she said sticking her tongue in my ear
"Let's go, let's sit, let's talk"
"Politics go so good with beer"
"And while we're at it baby, why don't you tell me one of your biggest fears?"
I said "Loosing my penis to a whore with disease"
"Just kidding" I said
"Losing my life to a whore with disease"
She said "Excuse me please?"
I said "Losing my life to a whore with disease"
I said "Please... I'm a humble guy with a healthy desire"
"Don't give me no shit because..."

Rob Instigator 09.15.2010 10:06 AM

dying because of auto-erotic asphixiation is the single stupidest way to die.

noisereductions 09.15.2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

He's a wanker for refusing to allow Susan Boyle to perform Perfect Day on America's Got Talent. Simon Cowell is justified in lambasting Lou as "petty" and "pathetic". What do you guys think?

I think it's amazing that you felt compelled to start a thread about this crap.

jon boy 09.15.2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

being a wanker yourself, i suppose you feel some level of compassion?

noisereductions 09.15.2010 10:28 AM

KIS has the highest rep on SBG (susanboyle.com/gossip)