Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Blind Melon back together (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7936)

EyeballGrowth 11.12.2006 01:52 AM

Blind Melon back together

It's official. I know it immediately sounds like a bad idea cause the singer was a huge part of the sound, but those musicians are amazing. They were my favorite straight alternative band of the 90's because of that bluesy, funky edge to their sound. It was all about their bass player and lead guitarist. Sooo so good I'm glad they are back.

HaydenAsche 11.12.2006 01:53 AM

I like that song about rain. Never heard anything else.

Norma J 11.12.2006 01:53 AM

A name change would be appropriate.

PAULYBEE2656 11.12.2006 03:52 AM

blind melon...

fucking deaf kumquat!

Trasher02 11.12.2006 04:11 AM

I'm sorry but blind melon just didn't do it for me.
Shite.

blue sunlover 11.12.2006 05:57 AM

should i know them? the name sounds kind of funny,but they may have to change into exploded , rotten or juicy melon.that sounds more (ir)relevant to me.melons have no eyes but their taste is great.especially watermelons.

EyeballGrowth 11.15.2006 10:14 PM

eh don't listen to those guys

one of the best albums of the 90's

noisemachine 11.15.2006 11:07 PM

All I know from them is their big one hit wonder. Cant recall the name of the song but I still hear it all the time. Just based on that song, I have no real desire to look further into them. But who knows, their other stuff could be good.

ricechex 11.16.2006 12:52 AM

huh, slightly interesting. I think they only had two proper albums, but the second, Soup, i suggest trying that one out. its very weird in a positve way. very experiemental, cool time signatures and what not.. they could have been pretty good if they had the chance.

EyeballGrowth 11.16.2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisemachine
All I know from them is their big one hit wonder. Cant recall the name of the song but I still hear it all the time. Just based on that song, I have no real desire to look further into them. But who knows, their other stuff could be good.

LISTEN to the friggin bee girl album. They were not a one hit wonder. No rain is the least interesting song on that album and none of the other songs sound like that. That whole album is funky blues music, and it gets really psychadellic at times. Awesome awesome stuff. I wonder, soak the sin, paper scratcher.

k-krack 11.16.2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
LISTEN to the friggin bee girl album. They were not a one hit wonder. No rain is the least interesting song on that album and none of the other songs sound like that. That whole album is funky blues music, and it gets really psychadellic at times. Awesome awesome stuff. I wonder, soak the sin, paper scratcher.

They were a one-hit wonder, because they had one hit. Isn't saying te other stuff is bad, (it's not, I like some of the other stuff) just that they had one hit.

I find it stupid that they bother reuniting, especially since Shannon Hoon is dead. C'mon. Embarrassing.

EyeballGrowth 11.17.2006 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
I find it stupid that they bother reuniting, especially since Shannon Hoon is dead. C'mon. Embarrassing.

I'm glad to see them play again cause I really like the musicians. I think it would be cool if they toured with no singer at all, more like a jam band which is what their music sounds like. The musicians have all kept making music together since.

zedius 11.17.2006 01:44 PM

Blind Melon was amazing. Anyone hear Unified Theory? That singer should be the singer now. But I'm absolutely stoked about this anyway:)

Hopefully Travis Warren sounds anything like Shannon Hoon.

And to anyone who's only heard no rain, you ought to check them out. They sound nothing like that. Try dear old dad, or time.

Also, they weren't a one hit wonder. Tones of home, galaxie, and change all received substantial radio play for a few years there.

sonikold 11.20.2006 12:08 PM

soup & nico are beautiful albums, some of the best, nico is tragically unfinished, but there's still some amazing tracks.

fishmonkey 11.20.2006 01:07 PM

blind melon blind smelon
what a bag of shite, i personally wanted to kick that bee-girls head in, then at the end where she meets al thh other bee people?
"i'm not the only wacktard on the street that has a bee fetish!!"
enter the Joyus Rapture.
Shannon Hoon should of jumped off that building in the G N R "dont cry" video, cuz lets face it, if you found yourself singing beside Axl Rose thats reason enough to jump.