Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's your most hated band? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30674)

summer 04.26.2009 10:33 PM

What's your most hated band?

For me it's The Smiths.

Tickerwelly 04.26.2009 10:42 PM

U2. Don't get it. Never will.

SuperCreep 04.26.2009 11:29 PM

Dream Theater, The Mars Volta, or Opeth. Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Oh, and Guns 'n' Roses, but I could somewhat understand why people like them.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.27.2009 12:46 AM

BluAlert Vibrating Bluetooth Wristband

atsonicpark 04.27.2009 12:47 AM

Mars Volta and ... one other band who I've sworn not to mention by name.

Opeth have some good stuff, as do the Smiths. Guns N Roses are one of the best bands of all time. I feel like we've had this thread before.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.27.2009 01:00 AM

We have.

Jeremy 04.27.2009 01:10 AM

1)Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan
2)Metallica
3)The Smiths
4)Captain Beefheart
5)Vampire Weekend

Even though I don't hate them, I really don't see the big deal about Radiohead at all.....

~Jeremy~

wellcharge 04.27.2009 01:14 AM

i used to hate opeth when i talked to metalheads alot, now i think they're not bad

static-harmony 04.27.2009 01:16 AM

Animal Collective, although their new album is better than the previous.

Piepi 04.27.2009 01:18 AM

Yeah, Radiohead are just making music that has a sad mood, that's all. I guess I just dislike them so much because of their fans, that want to tell you that they are THE shit. I really loved Greendwoods Solostuff like BodySongs. But Radiohead is nothing special and their music doesn't reach me at all.

dionysusundone 04.27.2009 01:42 AM

If we're just basing this on most obnoxious fans it's a toss up between dream theater mars volta and tool

summer 04.27.2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dionysusundone
If we're just basing this on most obnoxious fans it's a toss up between dream theater mars volta and tool

Exactly why I'm afraid to admit Tool is one of my favorite bands

Sonic Youth 37 04.27.2009 02:34 AM

AC/DC, Lynrd Skyrnd, and their ilk.

I can understand and even sympathize with some of the Mars Volta hate, but The Smiths? I just don't get it. How can someone hate the Smiths?

blunderbuss 04.27.2009 02:35 AM

What's the point in hating a band? Surely there's much more worthwhile things at which to direct negative emotions.

If someone from a band slept with my girlfriend, or killed one of my friends, then maybe that might influence my feelings towards them, but otherwise, I either like or don't like. And if I don't like, I ignore.

SYRFox 04.27.2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
What's the point in hating a band? Surely there's much more worthwhile things at which to direct negative emotions.

it's fun.
for me, it's the mars volta i guess
or simple plan

_slavo_ 04.27.2009 02:46 AM

Either Metallica or Red Hot Chilli Peppers, with a slight bigger portion of hate towards Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

h8kurdt 04.27.2009 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep
Dream Theater, The Mars Volta, or Opeth. Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Oh, and Guns 'n' Roses, but I could somewhat understand why people like them.

*Faints* They're probably one of the few actually brilliant metal bands out there!

Anyway for me it's Foo Fighters. Their first couple of albums were pretty cool, but then after that they bacame bland, just stupidly bland. You listen to it on the radio and you think "people really must thing this stuff is really heavy" Why? cos he screams (badly) and has a guitar tone where you can't tell the different notes? YOU'RE JUST SHIT.

MTV thrash at its highest.

Youth_Against_Facism 04.27.2009 05:32 AM

Guns 'n' Roses and U2! And also shit Glam Rock bands from the '80s!!!

Toilet & Bowels 04.27.2009 05:51 AM

i don't really see the point of hating a band either, however there are many bands whose music, if i'm unlucky enough to hear it, can induce acute feelings of alientation, misanthropy, and/or psychic pain. likewise such feelings can be aroused by people saying they hate an amzing band, like the contemptable person above saying they hate AC/DC.

Death & the Maiden 04.27.2009 05:59 AM

I don't know, I've never really gotten around to hating a band, except for Metallica, which was mainly because of people at school. That was until I bought Master of Puppets.
I hate generic death metal, the kind that most people at school seem to listen to, but I can't name names.