Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alien and Aliens (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39719)

SonikJesus 05.05.2010 09:09 PM

Alien and Aliens

Just saw Alien for the first time. First three were on sale at Best Buy for $5. Bught the first 2 since everyone sems to agree they are the best. I haven't seen the second but I thought the first was really really great. I hope the second one Is as good but I know it's more action-oriented. I should note that I never really "get" older movies that are dubbed classics. They always seem dated. Alien was just so good though. It never felt like an old movie.

GeneticKiss 05.05.2010 09:52 PM

Aliens isn't as thoughtful as Alien, but it's more fun. I say check it out.

jon boy 05.05.2010 10:16 PM

i like all of them until alien resurrection, which although it was ok and has brad durif in it still sucked. alin vs predator i have not seen.

space 05.05.2010 11:03 PM

AlienS is a personal favorite, but it's hard to deny the sexytime in my pants when I see android Wynona.

demonrail666 05.05.2010 11:25 PM

the first and third ones are my favourite.

SonikJesus 05.05.2010 11:29 PM

Saw the second one. It was entertaining. No where near as good as the first though.

SonicBebs 05.06.2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
Saw the second one. It was entertaining. No where near as good as the first though.

exactly, was hollywood Vietnam in space. quite entertaining but a bit dumb too

first one is shit your pants classic

shabbray2.0 05.06.2010 04:24 AM

first is the best.
second is fun.
third is lame.
fourth is shit.

looking forward to the fith by ridley scott (alien) again!
will hopefully be awesome

SonicBebs 05.06.2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
looking forward to the fith by ridley scott (alien) again!
will hopefully be awesome

did not know about that!

dale_gribble 05.06.2010 12:49 PM

no alien movie can compare to predator.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.06.2010 03:21 PM

Joss Whedon wrote the fourth one. . . that's all you need to know about it.

Third one sucks too.

First and second are great though.

chrome noise tape 05.06.2010 04:52 PM

first and second

pbradley 05.06.2010 05:18 PM

Fear of the black phallus.

It's going to impregnate you!!

Rob Instigator 05.06.2010 05:27 PM

I enjoyed all 4 Aliens movies.

amerikangod 05.06.2010 07:44 PM

'Alien' is the best, followed by the third one. The third one was by no means a good movie, but it at least had some originality to it and did some wild shit. The only saving grace of 'Aliens' is Bill fucking Paxton.

Keeping It Simple 05.07.2010 06:55 AM

Aliens is my favourite.

atsonicpark 05.07.2010 07:08 AM

Third one's my fav, by far, without question.

You bite small happiness in the still young daughter and, wife and offering/accompanying close and Katayama who lives, trying to stop the assault to the vagabond of a certain day boy group buys the grudge of the leader God wood of the group. Vaguely while feeling the insecurity which is done, is murdered the daughter by the hand of the God wood. The God wood is taken in the police, but when in mass communications reporting the remote cause of incident is Katayama, it is picked up, can withstand the gaze where the world is cool also the wife cuts off life. 3 years later, Katayama who knows that the God wood has already come out of the protective observation place with temporary release treatment tries to verify whether it has been regenerated truly meeting. Is, but boy method and protective regeneration plan becoming the wall, even interviewing way it does not become. On the one hand, the God wood between the boys had become existence of legend. The gun was obtained with that plan, "the juniors" will be used, the trap tries to be applied on Katayama whom you approach by your....