Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   annoying phrases (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=7150)

jon boy 10.20.2006 09:14 AM

annoying phrases

which is it?

when you hear one does it make you scrunch your hands into fists and silently beat the air in sheer frustration. or is that just me.

Savage Clone 10.20.2006 09:15 AM

"Thinking outside the box"
"My bad"
"Touch base"

Glice 10.20.2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
"My bad"

I involuntarily punch things when someone says this. It genuinely, and utterly irrationally, makes me very, very irritated.

Savage Clone 10.20.2006 09:23 AM

Sorry, when I made my initial post I didn't know it was going to be a poll.
Given the choices I went with "at the end of the day," though "my bad" is the one that currently reigns supreme on my personal Annoyance Throne.

jon boy 10.20.2006 09:24 AM

all or most of those phrases make me foam at the mouth with disgust.

screamingskull 10.20.2006 09:27 AM

cheer up, it might never happen

to which i always reply "it already has"

Glice 10.20.2006 09:27 AM

"It's all subjective". I'm usually moderately pleasant in conversation, until some idiot decides this means he has won the argument. Seconds later, blood lines their eyeballs and ass...

You've just stubbed your toe. You're hungover. It's early. "Oooh. I bet that hurt".

KILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLLKILL KILLL.

fishmonkey 10.20.2006 09:32 AM

my Dad has a fuckin million sayings.. i swear to god lads its not funny he has one for every single occasion, one that really pees me off is when i havent shaved for a few days and i meet him he says..

"you stood a little too far back from the razor this morning Jerry"

like i said he has a million of em, some to rib you but most of em make me feel really good about myself if i'm blue.

love me Da me.

Glice 10.20.2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey
my Dad has a fuckin million sayings.. i swear to god lads its not funny he has one for every single occasion, one that really pees me off is when i havent shaved for a few days and i meet him he says..

like i said he has a million of em, some to rib you but most of em make me feel really good about myself if i'm blue.

love me Da me.

I think you get given a handbook called 'crap Dad phrases' when you become a father. One of my old man's favourites is, "He'll never sell any ice creams at that speed" when an ambulance goes past. Also, if someone says, "It's a small world" he will always say, "Wouldn't want to paint it though" and then laughs at his little joke.

I'm not complaining, it's only moderately annoying. I'll only end up doing it myself as well, so.

Inhuman 10.20.2006 09:45 AM

"Life's not fair, get used to it"
"Kappesh?"

My stepdad says these continously, but if life's not fair, it's best to try and make it as fair as possible.

sonicl 10.20.2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmonkey

love me Da me.

It's called Blarney. You'll get it too one day, just you mind my words.

fishmonkey 10.20.2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
"He'll never sell any ice creams at that speed" when an ambulance goes past. "It's a small world" he will always say, "Wouldn't want to paint it though" and then laughs at his little joke.

they are priceless!! hats off you yr Da, they are very funny.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glice again.

Inhuman 10.20.2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
all or most of those phrases make me foam at the mouth with disgust.

At least you got your health

jon boy 10.20.2006 09:58 AM

i will let you off with that one.

porkmarras 10.20.2006 10:10 AM

'Cheer up,it may never happen' is the most irritating phrase because i have been told that a few times when i was reading a book in a pub while having a pint.It is also normally a sign for people who are obviously sad themselves but want to put on a brave face and think that the whole world is synchronized with what they have in their heads.'No mate,i'm happy and relaxed and reading this rather nice book.It is you,twat,who should be doing the cheering up and not me'.

jon boy 10.20.2006 10:22 AM

'smile. it may never happen'. thats another one for the list i fucking hate people who say that.

or 'it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile'. bill hicks response to this was ' yeah it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone. now why dont you walk away and watch me really start smiling'.

Iain 10.20.2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
'Cheer up,it may never happen' is the most irritating phrase because i have been told that a few times when i was reading a book in a pub while having a pint.It is also normally a sign for people who are obviously sad themselves but want to put on a brave face and think that the whole world is synchronized with what they have in their heads.'No mate,i'm happy and relaxed and reading this rather nice book.It is you,twat,who should be doing the cheering up and not me'.

YES! Exactly. I voted this one. Just being told to cheer up in general gets on my tits ni a big way. I must have a generally miserable looking face because it happens to me quite a lot. It's usually when I am daydreaming and some cunt ruins it by interrupting me to tell me to 'cheer up'.

Iain 10.20.2006 11:07 AM

I'm going to use that icecream/ambulance one next time I see one. It's a classic.

Trasher02 10.20.2006 11:42 AM

at least you got your health.

WHO CARES ABOUT HEALTH!

LittlePuppetBoy 10.20.2006 11:45 AM

"How was your day?"

My parents ask me this question EVERY....SINGLE.....FUCKING....DAY! I have asked them to stop, but NO! They keep on asking.