Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What about these pedophile priests? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39255)

artsygrrl 04.05.2010 05:56 PM

What about these pedophile priests?

Just curoius to hear yr thoughts on this subject.

pbradley 04.05.2010 06:18 PM

I really have more thoughts than I do have educated opinions.

As a former Catholic, I think the church should be investigated by an impartial outside group with the blessing of the Pope and that clerical celibacy should be abandoned.

knox 04.05.2010 06:47 PM

I think peadophiles will take any opportunity/job to be alone with little boys. And I suppose priesting is even easier than teaching in that sense. Because everyone trusts you, and because god will forgive you. They probably think "well, if jesus allows me to do this in the church then it should be ok?"

pbradley 04.05.2010 06:53 PM

I don't know anything about the psychology of pedophilia but it seems rather silly to me to think that pedophiles are anything like dedicated, shadow predators trying to get close to kids, like terrorist cells living near public buildings. I think celibacy, an unnatural practice if there ever was one, leads to pedophilia in some instances.

knox 04.05.2010 07:01 PM

No, pedophiles are pedophiles with a fixation for little kids and obsessive sexual fantasies. Lots of them are also sociopaths. Some of them try to avoid these urges, but rarely get any success. Many will deliberately look for professions in which they have access to kids alone, as most of them don't really feel guilty about it.

I don't doubt celibacy can cause problems, but I don't think you can blame it for pedophilia.

We must remember that reporting cases with priests is in vogue right now, but the great majority of the cases is not reported.

Toilet & Bowels 04.05.2010 07:09 PM

jon boy 04.05.2010 07:25 PM

eww^

well its a conspiracy of silence innit.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.05.2010 09:26 PM

I think they DEFINITELY need to allow priests to marry, and they need to ban any member of the church who has committed a pedophilic act.

But in defense of the Catholic Church, there are other organizations with just as bad, if not worse pedophilia problems. In the fields of education and healthcare for instance. Sexual abuse is rampant in schools and hospitals.

EVOLghost 04.05.2010 10:07 PM

I like pbradleys theory better. I don't thnk they go specifically brood the priesthood to get to little boys. I don't think pedophiles think that deeply to gettin close to children...well maybe 1 or 2 will come up with a devious plan. But yeah the thought of them not gettng any does make sense as to why they chose little boys(alter boys I assume?)

edit: @Knox

pbradley 04.05.2010 10:26 PM

Stay with me, my five year old
Stay with me, play hide and seek
Stay with me, my five year old
This is the Vatican, we do what we like

tw2113 04.05.2010 10:38 PM

I believe it's their own choices and not the influence of religion. The faith they choose just sometimes allows for easier access for their personal preferences.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 04.06.2010 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I think they DEFINITELY need to allow priests to marry, and they need to ban any member of the church who has committed a pedophilic act.

But in defense of the Catholic Church, there are other organizations with just as bad, if not worse pedophilia problems. In the fields of education and healthcare for instance. Sexual abuse is rampant in schools and hospitals.

I agree with you

chrome noise tape 04.06.2010 05:15 AM

like knox said:

Many will deliberately look for professions in which they have access to kids alone, as most of them don't really feel guilty about it.

they are pedophiles who became priests , even the morality of religion can't avoid those kind of jerks , they only care about this kind of sexual obsession.

like the The Queen of Hearts said : "Off with their heads"!!

PAULYBEE2656 04.06.2010 05:50 AM

our diocese here in wexford (diocese of ferns) his central to the pedophile cases in ireland and the bishop had the absolute gall to ask the people at the churches to donate money in order to pay for the administative costs occoured during the cases against the church.. the pope , eventually, wrote a letter to all churches to be read out apologising for the actions of some priests..... its disgusting.

the church are so far removed from reality it is scary and the good work, and there is a lot of good work, the church and many priests and clergy do is well diluted by the actions of some EVIL priests over may years.

as regards the clergy matrrying. the only reason that the clergy take a vow of celibacy is to do with land ownership. if a priest married, and the marraige broke down, the wife could take away half the land by law..the land which is owned by the church...celibacy guaranteed that all church land and money remained in the church..this law has been in force for years and isnt likely to change at all..again ...devoid of any reality!

Rob Instigator 04.06.2010 08:36 AM

sexual abuse in hospitals and schools is not covered up by the church, only to have the pedophile FUCK transferred to a different parish where he will do it again and again, and if caught, he will go to yet another parish, or the vatican will ship the pedo fuck to south america or africa where there are minimal authorities.

BIG difference.

fuck all that shit.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.06.2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sexual abuse in hospitals and schools is not covered up by the church, only to have the pedophile FUCK transferred to a different parish where he will do it again and again, and if caught, he will go to yet another parish, or the vatican will ship the pedo fuck to south america or africa where there are minimal authorities.

BIG difference.

fuck all that shit.

That's definitely incredibly fucked up, but from what I've read about pedophilia among school teachers, there are cover ups involved there as well. Cases tend to be very quiet and often settled out of court. I was reading about one gym teacher who forced two students to fellate him that had committed similar acts at another school and went to prison for it.

Rob Instigator 04.06.2010 09:47 AM

the catholic priets do it on a scale unimaginable to most of us man.

hundreds if not thousands of priests, some child molesters, some just fucking women where they can, some having "hidden" wives and children.
fuck that shit.

The catholic church has official decree stating that any such sexual abuse by a priest is not seen as a crime by the church but as a SIN, meaning that they do not call the cops, they do not put their priests in jail. they just "treat" them with confession and penitence (HA!) and then put them somewhere else with little oversight to do what they wll do again.
OFFICIALLY dude. that is their stance.
It takes extraordinary circumstances to actually bring a catholic priest to trial.

fuck religions. ALL of them

Glice 04.06.2010 10:01 AM

Find that OFFICIAL stance in a Papal document for me would you? Ta.

tesla69 04.06.2010 10:11 AM

the U.S. government is organizing a campaign to obtain naked images of millions of Americans traveling through U.S. airports. Even young children will be trained to think it normal for adult strangers wearing badges to demand a probing view of our bodies under clothing.

Rob Instigator 04.06.2010 10:33 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...urch-sex-abuse
"By 2002 the then cardinal had signed what critics claim was an incitement to the obstruction of justice. A letter he circulated to bishops the previous year reminded them that internal church inquiries into certain serious offences were covered by what is known as papal secrecy, for which the penalty is excommunication."

Read this decree
http://www.catholiccincinnati.org/fi...pdf/Decree.pdf

it states that the church will comply with civil cases but not that it will give up it's priests to be tried. They will be handled INTERNALLY.