Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   video games (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=116913)

d.sound 03.17.2018 01:16 PM

video games

what are you playing? favorite games, favorite systems? et cetera?

i just modded my wii u so i'm having fun trying out new games and emulators. i've started zelda, breath of wild. wow is it pretty. i'm also in new super mario u. it's up to par with the series.

i'm def a nintendo fangirl. right now i have a 3ds, wii/u, a shitty pc, and an xbox/360. i've never liked playstation for some unknown reason.

Rob Instigator 03.19.2018 07:48 AM

I have been rocking my new xbox One which I use to play BF1 with a bunch of fools I know. I also have been racing Forza 5. I dig racing games most of all.

noisereductions 03.19.2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have been rocking my new xbox One which I use to play BF1 with a bunch of fools I know. I also have been racing Forza 5. I dig racing games most of all.

I love my Xbox One. Send me your gamertag yo.

Rob Instigator 03.19.2018 11:08 AM

Rob Instigator

Toilet & Bowels 03.19.2018 03:22 PM

I recently realised that a lot of the old SNES, N64 and PS1 games i have had gathering dust since the 90s and will never play again are worth a bit of cash so I'm thinking about trading them in for a switch with zelda and 3ds with zelda. Other than that i played a bit of FTL this year, which was good and restarted Darkest Dungeon which seems like my cup of tea.

I'm looking forward to Dark Souls remaster conning in May.

Severian 03.19.2018 10:36 PM

I’m addicted to Injustice: Gods Among Us. Only play on my phone because I don’t have any fancy “systems” or “TVs” or any of that bourgeois bullshit, but I love it. Bout to beat that shit actually.

_slavo_ 03.21.2018 03:46 AM

I play Last of Us (Multiplayer) quite often and think I'm pretty good at it. If any of you play this on PS4, let me know, we can match up.
Other than that I like me some RPGs (currently Skyrim, but I loved Divinity:Original Sin too, and several others), and games like FTL and Into The Breach, which is awesome too.

Peterpuff 03.22.2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I play Last of Us (Multiplayer) quite often and think I'm pretty good at it. If any of you play this on PS4, let me know, we can match up.

I really think that is a highly underrated and overlooked multiplier game. I enjoyed it a lot awhile back. Really fun strategy and implementation of the stealthy feel into a fun multiplayer game that you really don't get elsewhere.

I am totally pumped for the new one. That first trailer they released had my totally geeking out on theories and speculations.

Peterpuff 03.22.2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
i just modded my wii u so i'm having fun trying out new games and emulators. i've started zelda, breath of wild. wow is it pretty.

How did you mod it? I would like to find some info on this and maybe breathe some life and interest back into my Wii U. I certainly want to play that Zelda game too. Have always been a fan of the series, and I remember hearing nothing but great things about that one. I just need to find the time to really dedicate playing it before I get started on it.

Rob Instigator 03.22.2018 01:58 PM

I finally got a kill/death ratio above 1.0 in BF1

hahahahha that means I killed more than I died.....

h8kurdt 03.22.2018 03:07 PM

I'm stupidly late to the game but I'm totally obsessed with Witcher 3. Fuck me what a game it is.

noisereductions 03.22.2018 03:44 PM

this is the most active this thread has been in a long time. I like it. Well, I've been playing lots of things. Though I hit up Overwatch a good 3-5 nights per week. Since October. Ugh. I'm obsessed.

Rob Instigator 03.23.2018 08:46 AM

I am working my way through Forza 5 on Xbox1. I love racing games.

I woould love to find a good aerial dogfighting game, perhaps a WWI or WWII simulaiton. the planes in BF1 don't do it for me. hahah.

I also would love to find a great motorcycle racing game but all the ones I look up for XBOX1 seem to be mad suck.

noisereductions 03.23.2018 10:11 AM

WHICH Forza?

Forza Horizon 3 is on my plan-to-play-sooner-rather-than-later list.

d.sound 03.25.2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterpuff
How did you mod it? I would like to find some info on this and maybe breathe some life and interest back into my Wii U. I certainly want to play that Zelda game too. Have always been a fan of the series, and I remember hearing nothing but great things about that one. I just need to find the time to really dedicate playing it before I get started on it.

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/
it was more difficult than i expected considering it has fewer steps than other mods.

basically it goes like this:
-copy a bunch of files to a sd card.
-go to a website to run the exploit code.
-install homebrew over a legitimate eshop ds game.
-et cetera, magic.

ps- i cannot say enough how much i love this zelda game. i wouldnt think it could beat the childhood nostalgia factor of 1 and 3, but i daresay it does. i haven't been this obsessed with a game since fallout 3.

Rob Instigator 03.26.2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
WHICH Forza?

Forza Horizon 3 is on my plan-to-play-sooner-rather-than-later list.

Forza 5. got it for free from Xbox Gold last year. I loved Forza Horizon (the colorado one). have not played Forza Horizon 3

the newest Forza 6 is out I know but I dont pay no $60 for no fucking game!

_slavo_ 03.26.2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I really think that is a highly underrated and overlooked multiplier game. I enjoyed it a lot awhile back. Really fun strategy and implementation of the stealthy feel into a fun multiplayer game that you really don't get elsewhere.

Absolutely. It's very well thought-through, and everything works really good in multiplayer.
Quite a big community still playing this game after all the years after releasing it.

nicfit 03.26.2018 12:41 PM

Playing now:

The binding of isaacc afterbith + = infinte fun and easy to find the time to play it even without doing full runs.

The Banner Saga 2 = finished a while ago, now waiting for the 3rd installment.

Hotline miami I (and II, but I like better the first one) = fun and "competitive", in a way.

PUBG = the only online game I ever played. I still love the feelings I get while playing (I play solo).

Not a hero = same as hotline miami

I played rarely in the last few years, mostly some small indie games like the ones I mentioned here, because I don't feel like comitting too much time on big/long games.

fav games: old Lucas Arts adventures, x-com enemy unknown, alone in the dark, mass effect trilogy (never tried andromeda), dune 2, space hulk, syndicate, system shock, lots of "old" stuff because I'm old.
"modern" favs: telltale's the walking dead (michonne excluded)

I should dig deeper in collaborative games, but I don't like dealing with real people that much. That's why I like pubg. there's the "real human players challenge" vibe, with no need for communication, ahah.

_slavo_ 03.27.2018 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Playing now:

lots of "old" stuff because I'm old.

you're not!

noisereductions 03.27.2018 08:42 PM

Nicfit, you might enjoy Overwatch. Maybe.