Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   video games (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=116913)

NYCgaf16 03.11.2020 11:51 AM

i play minecraft and tf2 recently

EVOLghost 03.16.2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
A MOUSE, you pleeb.

or an x-box style Logitech, if I gotta.

me? I play RIMWORLD.

Ps4 controller :3

_slavo_ 03.17.2020 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i dont know this game, but if you have an ipad

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/infect...ar/id805807843 :D

a little gallows humor goes a long way

yo, so I got the Switch and it's EXACTLY what I was looking for :)

nicfit 03.17.2020 03:24 PM

I'm taking a few virtual walks...

nicfit 03.17.2020 03:25 PM

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
yo, so I got the Switch and it's EXACTLY what I was looking for :)

oh i looked at your game after all

zombie apocalypse! hahaha

gets one in the right mindset :D

was tempted by it but dont have a ps4

meanwhile, playing “infection” helped me plan for the future. no joke! games are rehearsals for real life lolol

==

@nicfit what game is that?

nicfit 03.18.2020 05:34 AM

It’s Red dead redemption 2 online on pc. I’m a bit late to the party but only now I can find the time to properly try and do something in it. It’s just insane.

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 05:51 AM

oh i had heard about red dead redemption and it was supposedly very good but i’ve never had a chance.

does it take long to play? these days i can only manage short bouts of gaming during the day. i am probably overdue for a digital vacation though. i don’t mean time away from electronic devices... i mean a whole weekend immersed in an alternate reality or something.

Rob Instigator 03.18.2020 08:19 AM

I tried Red Dead 1 and found it to be boring.

KennethBurn 03.20.2020 01:00 AM

Me encanta jugar FIFA 20 con mi ps4. Este es el juego de mi vida y paso un tiempo feliz con él.

nicfit 03.20.2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I tried Red Dead 1 and found it to be boring.

EVOLghost 03.20.2020 07:52 PM

Replaying Valkyria Chronicles on my PC. I miss tactical games like that. I was hoping Final Fantasy Tactics was ported to steam but nah....:(

!@#$%! 03.21.2020 03:51 PM

clash of clans today

trying to keep it social

nicfit 03.22.2020 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh i had heard about red dead redemption and it was supposedly very good but i’ve never had a chance.

does it take long to play? these days i can only manage short bouts of gaming during the day. i am probably overdue for a digital vacation though. i don’t mean time away from electronic devices... i mean a whole weekend immersed in an alternate reality or something.

well..I didn't even touch the single player mode, which should roughly amount to 50 hours of gameplay for the main story only (without sidequests etc). 50 hours of good story, with great characters and plot, btw. But I'm not ready for that, ahaha. I play online because you get the "whole map" already unlocked (in single player you "discover" new places going on with the plot) and I just enjoy going around, doing some errands for the different roles, finding weird places / weird people / weird sitautions etc. And "missions" in the online component of the game are usually pretty quick, so I don't risk to get involved in long story missions that I'd better not let fail just because I don't have enough time to finish them.

If you play on pc you'd need a pretty performant vga to enjoy the game at higher detail settings. On console, it still looks pretty amazing (I hate playing games where you need to aim with pads, though..even with aiming aids activated).

The attention to detail in the game is just insane. There are a few youtube vids that show how many things the developers were able to fit in it, subtle details you could even go a full playthrough without even noticing.

The way animals "live" is stunning.

It can be a sort of "meditative" game. Until some other player shots you in the head with a shotgun.

!@#$%! 03.22.2020 10:03 AM

ah i think i'm going to have to wait a few years until my hardware catches up with the current standards (on an 8 year old mbp right now).

it's okay, i can wait...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
It can be a sort of "meditative" game. Until some other player shots you in the head with a shotgun.

just like going hunting with dick cheney, if you recall the news from 14 years ago :D

EVOLghost 03.31.2020 10:03 AM

So....with this lockdown happening....I've been having an urge to play an MMORPG....I was excited for WoW Classic, but blizzard sort of fucked that one up for me with the whole China BS from last year. I saw FFXIV was free until like level 35...so I'm trying that out.....and what I had feared.....has actually happened.....I'm loving it. The good thing is....I get to stay inside all the damn time now so I can actually dedicate some time to it now while I have it.

Peterpuff 05.03.2020 12:40 PM

Any Last of Us fans keeping up with the leaks and shitshow cropping up around Last of Us 2? Woke up to the news about it all just this morning and have been pretty intrigued by it all.

g. 05.03.2020 02:32 PM

Animal Crossing on the Switch. It allows me to live a normal life in unnormal times.

tw2113 05.03.2020 03:33 PM

I'm mulling over picking up Breath of the Wild again today, I know i started a re-play many many months ago, but didn't stick to it for very long that time around.

g. 05.03.2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
I'm mulling over picking up Breath of the Wild again today, I know i started a re-play many many months ago, but didn't stick to it for very long that time around.

I still haven't picked this up, is it as good as everyone says?