Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Describe your perfect saturday in the life as well as the perfect day of your life (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2359)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.29.2006 05:14 PM

Describe your perfect saturday in the life as well as the perfect day of your life

Not a perfect day per-se, but if you had your perfect life, what would your average saturday be like? Also what would your perfect day be like barring a day full of tantric sex?

Saturday in the life:
Wake Up.
Make love to my wife.
Go down stairs and make bacon and french toast for my 2 little boys and 2 little girls.
Take them to baseball practice/piano practice/friend's house whatever.
Pick up the band, and my wife and I would jam and record a few songs for an hour or two.
Pick up the kids.
Make the kids quesadillas for lunch.
Pack up gear for the show that night.
Babysitter arrives.
Play the show, it goes good. We don't screw up any songs, no strings break, the tone is pretty consistent with the recordings.
Go out to dinner, have naan and chicken biriyani.
Babysitter calls, kids are asleep.
Go home.
Pay the babysitter.
Watch a movie.
Go to bed, make love.
Have a really fucked up dream- my life would be so perfect that I'd have to have fucked up dreams or there would be nothing to write about.

Perfect Nonsexual Day Ever:
Wake Up.
Have a sausage croissanwich.
Put on my astronaut suit.
Get in a rocket.
Turn on Space Oddity.
Blast off.
Look down at how small and beautiful the earth looks.
Come back down the same day.
Read the news "My Bloody Valentine new album coming out, band to tour again."
See Gang of Four, the Pixies, TV on the Radio, Bauhaus, and Sonic Youth all put on amazing shows.
Win the lotto.
Have crazy set for life drunken sex with my wife.
Fall asleep.

marleypumpkin 05.29.2006 05:18 PM

The perfect Saturday for me-
Wake up
Blaze a spliff
Listen to SY, &/or anything in my collection
Go play 18 holes of golf
Blaze another spliff
Listen to more SY, &/or anything in my collection
Go to sleep

(short day isn't it)

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:20 PM

you guys make such long lists.

how hard is it to spend all day fucking, really. see, i made a list. it's short. and to the point.

---

oh yeah. throw in some good food. raw oysters. and something skunky.

marleypumpkin 05.29.2006 05:21 PM

^:
That is a pretty good list there !@#$%!
But, mine isn't that long.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.29.2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you guys make such long lists.

how hard is it to spend all day fucking, really. see, i made a list. it's short. and to the point.

---

oh yeah. throw in some good food. raw oysters. and something skunky.

Spending all day fucking is so obvious though

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:23 PM

well if it's so obvious then why ask-- duh!!

johnnywinternoshow 05.29.2006 05:24 PM

wake up at 12
watch some futurama
have sonic youth and mr bungle play in my living room
do a bit of painting or drawing
get my friends round
have a bbq and some tacos and beers
smoke some joints
sit around a bonfire drinking, smoking and passing round a guitar
bed

Glice 05.29.2006 05:24 PM

Wake up, Bacon and Black pudding sandwich and a cuppa presented to me by my recently acquired beautiful ladyfriend. Read for a bit, then go bookshopping and rekkid shopping. Catch some afternoon Jazz in a park somewhere. Nip down the pub with some of the lads. Band in the evening, then a dirty club. Taxi home, drunk sex and a nightcap of top quality absinthe or whiskey (Irish preferably). Sleep.

EMMAh 05.29.2006 05:27 PM

My perfect Saturday is basicly just being incredibly baked, it doesn't matter what I'm going other than that really...
A party would be nice though, I love big parties.

marleypumpkin 05.29.2006 05:29 PM

^:
I used to be a huge party type of guy, but after all the shit that went on in my life, turned me into a home body.

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Wake up, Bacon and Black pudding sandwich and a cuppa presented to me by my recently acquired beautiful ladyfriend. Read for a bit, then go bookshopping and rekkid shopping. Catch some afternoon Jazz in a park somewhere. Nip down the pub with some of the lads. Band in the evening, then a dirty club. Taxi home, drunk sex and a nightcap of top quality absinthe or whiskey (Irish preferably). Sleep.

hm, if your ladyfriend is that beautiful, i'd like to check her out while you're in the park, the pub & the dirty club. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
My perfect Saturday is basicly just being incredibly baked, it doesn't matter what I'm going other than that really...
A party would be nice though, I love big parties.

ha ha ha. you pothead! :D

Toilet & Bowels 05.29.2006 05:35 PM

i could barely read the first post it was so gay. i'm still shuddering at the thought of it.

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i could barely read the first post it was so gay. i'm still shuddering at the thought of it.

finally somebody with dignity shows up.

Savage Clone 05.29.2006 05:37 PM

Every saturday I have is made a little more perfect by the fact that I do not now, nor will I ever have children.

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Every saturday I have is made a little more perfect by the fact that I do not now, nor will I ever have children.

the thought of you spawning is truly terrifying. in the name of humanity i thank you :D

Savage Clone 05.29.2006 05:40 PM

You and everybody else.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.29.2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Would you prefer it if my "saturday in the life" consisted of heroin use, rape, performing involuntary abortions on women and doing other ill shit?

I think gay is the wrong word. Oversentimental idealistic romantic poppycock would probably be a better way to describe what I'd like.

By perfect saturday in the life, I mean what an average saturday would be like if everything was going your way.

My progeny will conquer the world by the way.

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Would you prefer it if my "saturday in the life" consisted of heroin use, rape, performing involuntary abortions on women and doing other ill shit?

oh... when did charles manson get out?

!@#$%! 05.29.2006 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
You and everybody else.

ow... and here i thought i was only joking...

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.29.2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh... when did charles manson get out?

He's breaking out next tuesday and starting the apocalypse. Didn't you get the memo?