Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   tonight's setlist (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15555)

neptuneg 08.15.2007 03:45 PM

tonight's setlist

Do we have a set list for tonight's show?

Everyneurotic 08.15.2007 03:49 PM

you are fucking annoying.

sonicl 08.15.2007 03:50 PM

Give 'em a chance to finish the show! It's only 10.50 pm in Portugal at the moment!

Bal 08.15.2007 04:03 PM

neptuneg 08.15.2007 04:15 PM

are you guys serious? threads aren't always started with the intention of having replies within 5 minutes. I simply started this so that when people do finish the show they have somewhere to post it. If this bothers you then disregard the thread or add me to your ignore list.

Maybe I haven't contributed 100 recordings or posted anything of much interest, but I don't think I deserve to be flamed. Thanks.

SynthethicalY 08.15.2007 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neptuneg
are you guys serious? threads aren't always started with the intention of having replies within 5 minutes. I simply started this so that when people do finish the show they have somewhere to post it. If this bothers you then disregard the thread or add me to your ignore list.

Maybe I haven't contributed 100 recordings or posted anything of much interest, but I don't think I deserve to be flamed. Thanks.

I think they were joking.

neptuneg 08.15.2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I think they were joking.

it's fine, this isn't a big deal to me or anything, I just don't appreciate being called "fucking annoying". i am well aware though that forums aren't exactly the place to try and decipher other's intentions. i apologize if i spazzed.

Everyneurotic 08.15.2007 04:29 PM

no, i was not joking.

look man, most people who go to sy shows and post here (and many many MANY more who don't post regularly here) usually, after the show or the next day, post their experience and, yes, setlists. more so, people are probably going to bypass your thread and start their own; so why start a thread about their setlist everyday they play a show? in fact, why the fuck do you need to know what songs they have played in some country you probably never been to?

eventually, all setlists end up in the concert chronology, i mean, i don't see it as vital information, knowning the very minute the show ended what they played.

man, quit trying to be chris lawrence or moshe.

and yes, you have the right to start your threads and yes it's of interest for us sy fans. but it's annoying, and that was my observation.

neptuneg 08.15.2007 04:34 PM

my point is that there was no valid reason to be obnoxious. i'm not continuing this. to each his own.

deflinus 08.15.2007 05:50 PM

let the man start a godamn thread, you nazis

sonicl 08.15.2007 06:12 PM

Nazis, eh? That's fighting talk. What you gonna do if we won't let him start a thread? Stop our pocket money?

Feel free to send me to my room if you want to, I was about to go to bed anyway.

deflinus 08.15.2007 08:26 PM

care for a cup of tea, ol' chap? you're all wankers!!!

kenning 08.15.2007 08:35 PM

it's not a question of rights. if someone is annoying you in a public space, do them the decency of refraining from making the annoyance mutual by withholding your opinion, rather than voicing it in a childish manner. if i had a dime for every time i just let something go that was annoying to me in a public message board, i'd own this server. the protocol you mention--how things usually go, complete with assumptions about "most" sy fans--is nowhere set in stone. in fact it's hardly ever been mentioned, much less codified. relax and stop inciting these boring debates. unless, of course, it massages some kind of co-dependency thing for you...

i guess this is one time i just couldn't "let something go," eh? now to hit "submit reply" and never, ever look at this thread again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
no, i was not joking.

look man, most people who go to sy shows and post here (and many many MANY more who don't post regularly here) usually, after the show or the next day, post their experience and, yes, setlists. more so, people are probably going to bypass your thread and start their own; so why start a thread about their setlist everyday they play a show? in fact, why the fuck do you need to know what songs they have played in some country you probably never been to?

eventually, all setlists end up in the concert chronology, i mean, i don't see it as vital information, knowning the very minute the show ended what they played.

man, quit trying to be chris lawrence or moshe.

and yes, you have the right to start your threads and yes it's of interest for us sy fans. but it's annoying, and that was my observation.

Everyneurotic 08.15.2007 10:48 PM

if he has the right to start a dumb thread then i sure as hell have the right to express my opinion about it being annoying.

and how expressing my opinion makes me a nazi?

deflinus 08.15.2007 11:49 PM

nazis were very well-talented in the opinion-expressing arts.

scott v 08.16.2007 09:29 AM

typical childish crap...
have fun retards.

Everyneurotic 08.16.2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
nazis were very well-talented in the opinion-expressing arts.

geez, you make so much sense.

deflinus 08.16.2007 12:37 PM

take it easy people. its all a joke and all in fun.

SONIC YOUTH RULES!!!

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 12:38 PM

yeah, they did an entire set of rita coolidge covers.

Tokolosh 08.17.2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus
let the man start a godamn thread, you nazis

I like you.