Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth in Brussels (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31820)

sy2004 10.21.2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
roll on Thursday! so uhmm, couple of pints b4 da gig? anyone? i should be there early enough, coz need to collect my tick...

*edit*
anyone is able to upload poster to that gig here from last.fm? it wont allow me to dl. it as I'm not registered there. i'm trying to save a picture, but all i get is incomplete poster.

give the last.fm link please?

greenlight 10.21.2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sy2004
give the last.fm link please?

http://www.last.fm/event/1095787+Sonic+Youth+at+Ancienne+Belgique+on+22+Oct ober+2009

rappard 10.21.2009 07:28 AM

Quote:

roll on Thursday! so uhmm, couple of pints b4 da gig? anyone? i should be there early enough, coz need to collect my tick...
[snip]

We (= EvdWee, me, two non-boardies) should be at the AB around 7:30. PM me your mobile #, or just look for a balding fat sassy jew :D fiddling with his Edirol.

greenlight 10.21.2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappard
We (= EvdWee, me, two non-boardies) should be at the AB around 7:30. PM me your mobile #, or just look for a balding fat sassy jew :D fiddling with his Edirol.

I should be meeting up with metlook and his 3 friends in front of AB around 7:00 and go for a few pints. so i guess whoever from the boardies wants to meet up, we can meet in front of AB around that time. bit of warm up before Sonic fucking Youff! Martin I'm sending you my ph. numb. via PM...

wtat's the weather in Brussels like?

Jef Mertens 10.21.2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

wtat's the weather in Brussels like?

weather reports state that tomorrow should be dry, so no rain. I think that's about as good as it can get there. I hope to finally meet some boardies.

I'm trying to make the soundcheck tomorrow and then check into my hotel with a friend of mine. after that we're heading back to the AB to get some drinks I guess.

greenlight 10.21.2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
weather reports state that tomorrow should be dry, so no rain. I think that's about as good as it can get there. I hope to finally meet some boardies.

I'm trying to make the soundcheck tomorrow and then check into my hotel with a friend of mine. after that we're heading back to the AB to get some drinks I guess.

no rain. that's great. cold?

would be nice to see you Jef!

uhmm, I should be in Brussels around 8 a clock in the morning. I'd like to do some sightseeing. I think Brussels is not that big, so everything worth of seeing should be pretty much concentrated in city (I'm not really keen on seeing EU parlament, hehehe)? I should do some googling tonight. uhmmm, any good RECORD STORES in town?

Jef Mertens 10.21.2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

uhmmm, any good RECORD STORES in town?

A pretty nice vinyl shop is just a little further up ahead the AB. When you have the AB at your left, the record store is situated on the right side of the street a 10 minute walk further. Behind the AB is also a little record shop that has some stuff, can't exactly pinpoint it though.

greenlight 10.21.2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
A pretty nice vinyl shop is just a little further up ahead the AB. When you have the AB at your left, the record store is situated on the right side of the street a 10 minute walk further. Behind the AB is also a little record shop that has some stuff, can't exactly pinpoint it though.

cool. cheers!

Tokolosh 10.21.2009 03:42 PM

I couldn't make it this time...

A bit late, but good luck with filming and recording, guys.

sy2004 10.23.2009 12:32 AM

excellent performance, great gig, great sound:
setlist:
1. NO WAY (The Eternal)
2. SACRED TRICKSTER (The Eternal)
3. CALMING THE SNAKE (The Eternal)
4. WALKIN' BLUE (The Eternal)
5. SHADOW OF A DOUBT (Evol)
6. POISON ARROW (The Eternal)
7. ANTI-ORGASM (The Eternal)
8. MALIBU GAS STATION (The Eternal)
9. STEREO SANCTITY (Sister)
10. ANTENNA (The Eternal)
11. LEAKY LIFEBOAT (The Eternal)
12. MASSAGE THE HISTORY (The Eternal)
==
13. TORN VIOLENCE (Evol)
14. CROSS THE BREEZE (Daydream Nation)
==
15. DEATH VALLEY '69 (Bad Moon Rising)

rappard 10.23.2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

excellent performance, great gig, great sound:
[snip setlist]

I thought the sound was occasionally somewhat bassy, but that might have been my location (near right speaker stack). Otherwise, great performance!

Highlights for me were:
- Stereo Sanctity!
- The fries after the show :D
- Hanging out with EvdWee and his friends
- Meeting greenlight and another boardie (forgot your name, sorry!)

Lowlights:
- Hellish traffic: thus missing pre-show meetup, dinner, and the opening act
- Back home at 3:50 in the morning....feeling sleepy....

nicfit 10.23.2009 03:26 AM

jealous.

I want some fries too! :D

sergisonic 10.23.2009 04:18 AM

mmmm, where is starpower? ;-)

sy2004 10.23.2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappard
I thought the sound was occasionally somewhat bassy, but that might have been my location (near right speaker stack). Otherwise, great performance!

Highlights for me were:
- Stereo Sanctity!
- The fries after the show :D
- Hanging out with EvdWee and his friends
- Meeting greenlight and another boardie (forgot your name, sorry!)

Lowlights:
- Hellish traffic: thus missing pre-show meetup, dinner, and the opening act
- Back home at 3:50 in the morning....feeling sleepy....

I hope you can surprise us soon with a nice recording ;)

sy2004 10.23.2009 04:43 AM

Setlist:

rappard 10.23.2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

I hope you can surprise us soon with a nice recording ;)

It's quite bassy. Let's see if Tris can work his usual magic. :D

EvdWee 10.23.2009 05:47 AM

at the moment i am broken...

still: shadow of a doubt, stereo sanctity, tom violence, cross the breeze (very tight version), death valley (Hell yeah!)
and poison arrow is good song. loved massage as well...

is was standing in the back and enjoyed the fact that in belgium the audience does shut up during the concert.

the fog during our trip homewards was hellish...

rappard 10.23.2009 06:33 AM

For the wildly impatient boardies:
You can grab my untracked master plus checksum (sy2009-10-22.flac plus sy2009-10-22.md5) from Utkonos if you follow the normal download instructions at http://sonicyouth.utkonos.org/upload.html.

Trasher02 10.23.2009 10:49 AM

I loved it, the sound was great in my opinion and it was just a really tight gig overall.
The highlights for me were Shadow of a Doubt, Massage the History, Death Valley 69, Tom Violence, Anti-Orgasm, ... well basically everything really!

Alan ciccone 10.23.2009 01:24 PM

I was kinda expecting starpower to enter the Setlist given current happenings. No matter though. Roll on Paris!