Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Noise rock greats Sightings go down swinging on their final album (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=111864)

Genteel Death 06.05.2015 06:32 AM

Noise rock greats Sightings go down swinging on their final album

http://www.factmag.com/2015/06/04/no...-and-puzzlers/

Bytor Peltor 06.05.2015 08:41 AM

^^^thanks for posting!

It's the soundtrack to whats proving to be an odd start to a Friday......and housework that I'm doing!

rebeccagotcursedout 06.05.2015 10:51 PM

thanks but no thanks, I still think yr a prick asshole so fuck u. ill never read that shit.

eat it!! you cunt bag!!!

it felt good when you didn't post shit. that's how much I hate you. maybe you need to shut your fucking mouth and just post instead of neg repping people.

guest 06.06.2015 01:38 AM

thanks genteel I love you :)

Toilet & Bowels 06.06.2015 02:11 AM

Shame, they were incredible live, and one of the few forward thiking rock bands of the last 15 years

guest 06.06.2015 02:17 AM

indeed, city of straw is to me one of the only records produced in this millennium that was identifiably rock-centric but simultaneously something totally other. terribly well was also massively under-appreciated.

Keeping It Gimple 06.06.2015 02:02 PM

sightings always stood out among the mediocrity of the time, especially some of the mediocrity that was celebrated in the noise scene. rest in static brothers

Keeping It Gimple 06.06.2015 02:09 PM

damn i started editing their wiki and couldnt finish

massive respect to these guys for going over a decade in the underground of the underground

anyone wants to set up a blog to chronicle and archive lost 00s noise and drone scene classics before it all dissappears hit me up

Genteel Death 06.07.2015 10:36 AM

Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon are not interested in Sightings. Kim is more interested in talking about how she's going to plaster walls with Hair Police graffiti nonsense or some bullshit like that. Thurston is busy making it clear that he's a beat poet and a serious improviser, who wastes free jazz and improv greats' time who wouldn't get anywhere near that sort of exposure unless a pretentious rock star was playing intimately with them.

Severian 06.20.2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
thanks but no thanks, I still think yr a prick asshole so fuck u. ill never read that shit.

eat it!! you cunt bag!!!

it felt good when you didn't post shit. that's how much I hate you. maybe you need to shut your fucking mouth and just post instead of neg repping people.

I totally dig the sentiment here, but do remember that popping into threads to hurl unprovoked insults at people is exactly what you hate about him.

Don't take it out on the music.

It's true that Amusers and Puzzlers is a hell of an album. Unexpectedly vital and dynamic for a last entry. Worth checking out for sure.

!@#$%! 06.20.2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon are not interested in Sightings. Kim is more interested in talking about how she's going to plaster walls with Hair Police graffiti nonsense or some bullshit like that. Thurston is busy making it clear that he's a beat poet and a serious improviser, who wastes free jazz and improv greats' time who wouldn't get anywhere near that sort of exposure unless a pretentious rock star was playing intimately with them.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ha

i always thought the real beat poet was lee

amirite?

whorefrost 06.24.2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

I think Thurston played with the guy from Sightings though pmsl

whorefrost 06.27.2015 04:27 AM

Man, a bit sad about this, and truly gutted I missed out on the opportunity to see them live. Been a bit out of the noise loop until quite recently, so there are a couple of newer albums from their discography I need to catch up with as well. I got Terribly Well recently and really enjoying that.